Your Badge, Your Say | Page 6 | Vital Football

Your Badge, Your Say

Typical of any 'consultation'. This was a foregone conclusion. The club had obviously already spent thousands of pounds marketing the new badge. It was never gonna fail

Last edited:
Typical of any 'consultation'. This was a foregone conclusion. The club had obviously already spent thousands of pounds marketing the new badge. I was never gonna to fail
I honestly struggle to comprehend this angle.

“You never give the fans a say.”
(Club gives fans a say)
“It was already decided.”

Let's be really clear.

We set out our position and preference.

We asked 5,600+ of our most engaged fans.

77% of those who voted, voted in support.

23% are very entitled to be disappointed with the outcome. It was a binary decision and it didn't go the way of their preference.

But to now rubbish the vote, the process, and the transparency (not accusing people on here of all these things - just speaking generally) is (IMO) shifting the focus to find something else to blame.

(Club gives fans a say)

Let's be really clear.

23% are very entitled to be disappointed with the outcome. It was a binary decision and it didn't go the way of their preference.

But to now rubbish the vote, the process, and the transparency (not accusing people on here of all these things - just speaking generally) is (IMO) shifting the focus to find something else to blame.
Thank you for the reply. I just didn't find it a balanced vote.
The marketing was very strong on one side. The current badge was not fairly judged alongside it.
I agree the club has asked the fans and can be applauded for that and the end result is transparent and what the club desired.
But I believe there was a flaw in the process. That is my opinion.

I can remember the time when our luck was so bad, the board of the time were seriously considering dropping the Imp altogether as they actually believed it was a bad omen!!! It made the calandar/Look North news. There would be a lynch mob if anyone suggested that today.

I prefer the original Imp but voted for the 80s one as in my opinion it is a better corporate design and a stronger identity image. Hopefully original Imp will still be used on occasions for selected items alongside 80s Imp.

(Club gives fans a say)

Let's be really clear.

really winds me up seeing the "club have already decided" posts on Lincoln banter and the like! yes, they've made their opinion very well known as to what they want to do, but they still bloody asked us, and we've voted overwhelmingly in favour of it, does my head in all the constant conspiracies about the club working against us, there's a reason we're in the top 5 in fan engagement or transparency (whatever the award was), it's like people don't realise how good we've got it!! this is one of THE best run clubs in the EFL, but still constant moaning

I didn’t vote either: can see the marketing angle of the 1980’s badge and the connection of the Club and City to the traditional one. Not something worth getting stressed about though.

The Board’s preference was well documented and that will have helped steer the vote to an extent, but at least the fans were asked.

(Club gives fans a say)

Let's be really clear.

If this had been under the governance of the electoral commission it would never have passed muster.

I didn't vote - my preference was to stick with what we have, and would have voted that way, but I'm not "anti" the 80s (now 20s!) style, and didn't really want to vote against the recommendation of the Club and Trust.

With that in mind, I don't have a problem with the process. It could, perhaps, be seen like any business process where the business's management board make a proposal to shareholders who then vote whether to support or reject that proposal.

I suppose a difference here is that the Club's board need not have asked supporters to vote. It is perhaps indicative of the relationship currently enjoyed between the Club and supporters that they chose/agreed to do so

Opposing fans are still going to say WTF is that? anyway, so I guess it doesn't really matter which one.
On another note, while I agree the Imp should have a central part to play in our public image/marketing etc, the option of the City of Lincoln Crest with no Imp as the shirt badge was not offered as an alternative.
It probably wouldn't have won but just sayin

No, I haven't got enough to worry about apart from this, the colour of our socks, the width of red stripes and which way we kick in the second half.

This is one of THE best run clubs in the EFL, but still constant moaning
There are those who will always find something to moan about, like when John Ward scored 29 goals in the 1975/76 season and all you heard about was the number of chances he missed.

Off topic alert!