Your Badge, Your Say | Page 5 | Vital Football

Your Badge, Your Say

I don't want to watch video proposals and pages with several designs. Just a A or B option that includes a picture (maybe if I'd clicked through this would have appeared).
I didn't have to watch any videos (the options were there but there was just a vote option as well)

Not seen any email anywhere unless missing something, also checked my spam folder(s)

100% I will be voting against the new badge. It looks cheap and a downgrade. Modernising doesn't always mean better. There was a reason it was discarded in the 80s. A child could have produced this on a laptop for their GCSE.
The current badge is classy and timeless.
Unfortunately as others have said and by looking at the media behind the new badge. It has already been decided. On the vote socials and surrounding emails there are no pictures of the current badge. Not a fair poll really.

Edit. I showed my 8 year old daughter both badges and to the new one from the 80s she said "what the heck is that?".
My mum (70+ years) is here and also prefers the current badge.

Last edited:
100% I will be voting against the new badge. It looks cheap and a downgrade. Modernising doesn't always mean better. There was a reason it was discarded in the 80s. A child could have produced this on a laptop for their GCSE.
Unfortunately as others have said and by looking at the media behind the new badge. It has already been decided. On the vote socials and surrounding emails there are no pictures of the current badge. Not a fair poll really.
It has not been decided.

If more people vote against than for...it won't happen.

...but the club want to change it.

Its perfectly fair.

Its not a which one do you like? type vote

Its a - we are going to change unless you object, type vote.

If it was a popularity contest I would vote for the "Cathedral Imp" but it's not.

So I will be voting for the other one

100%

Way too much spin on this.

It has not been decided.

If more people vote against than for...it won't happen.

...but the club want to change it.

Its perfectly fair.

Its not a which one do you like? type vote

Its a - we are going to change unless you object, type vote.

If it was a popularity contest I would vote for the "Cathedral Imp" but it's not.

So I will be voting for the other one
Which one are you voting for? Or which one are you voting against?
What is the other one?

A Badge is for life not just for..............

I’m under no illusion the change will happen judging by the number of presentations and noise on the one sided subject.

Not sure of the cost benefit analysis as I’ve not seen any. Is it cheaper to put the new proposal of the “Retro Imp”on City shirts for example, as opposed to the existing Imp. What are the marketing opportunities that can suddenly open up in terms of the “Retro Imp,” that can’t for the existing Imp.

As others have said, the new Imp (Not iconic, not retro) looks cheap and probably cheaper to produce and engrave on items or place on fabrics

Not going to die in a ditch over it, just my opinion folks, like everyone has an opinion. At least it’s not yellow !!!

Luckily polling is open so all campaigning has finished, time to move on but sad times for me as I started with the 75/76 Imp.

Gone for the 80s Imp myself. Can see why the club want to push it as it looks more corporate and will be easier to produce. That said, I also like the traditional Imp and the City crest shields (but not that awful one with the yellow Imp) Maybe the club should still use these for other items with 80s Imp as the corporate image, a bit like Adidas do with their Adidas Originals.

I would much prefer a vote which says do you want this one or do you want this one, not do you want this one yes or no.
I assume the other option is the current one, but to make a proper vote they need to be seen side by side. The way it is designed will lead to many, me included, who aren't really bothered either way to not vote which will result in this design being adopted.

I would much prefer a vote which says do you want this one or do you want this one, not do you want this one yes or no.
I assume the other option is the current one, but to make a proper vote they need to be seen side by side. The way it is designed will lead to many, me included, who aren't really bothered either way to not vote which will result in this design being adopted.
Exactly. The poll in a sense is rigged

My wife and I both gold members and both received the email but it only allowed me to vote.

Received my email. While I would be happy with either option, a return to the 80s badge got my vote - holds a bit more resonance for me and if there are persuasive marketing arguments then seems a win-win.

Last edited: