Your All Time Favourite Villans | Page 2 | Vital Football

Your All Time Favourite Villans

Interesting to see how many of Dennis's goals were made by the hold-up play, touch and vision, of Gary Shaw a player but for injury would have gone on to be in everyone's top 5 all-time Villa players

Yes. He knew if he made his runs then he would be found. I love Sid's pass to him against Sunderland. Poetry,

I don't think Sir Dennis ever had a bad game though. Just a brilliant brilliant player and I bang on about it , but the fact that he never got capped is a national disgrace.

Yes. He knew if he made his runs then he would be found. I love Sid's pass to him against Sunderland. Poetry,

I don't think Sir Dennis ever had a bad game though. Just a brilliant brilliant player and I bang on about it , but the fact that he never got capped is a national disgrace.

Sadly up against SIR Trevor though and we all know who he played for, the club that won England the World cup

Dennis Mortimer is my mums all time favourite Villa player. My middle name would have been Mortimer if it had been up to her but as she chose my first name it was up to my dad. Somehow the man who's had a season ticket since the late 60s ended up giving me the middle name Graham instead of after our league and European Cup winning captain. He still can't adequately explain his reasoning.

For me Platt, Yorke, Merson and Solano.

Platt I only saw on VHS but simply looked an incredible player. Yorke is the best striker I've seen play for us and Merson just was exceptional, incredible quality and vision and I loved his outside of the boot passes.

Solano is a weird choice given he had 18 months here (I think) but he's genuinely the best right winger I think we've had in the Premier League, absolutely top class in that 2004/2005 season.

Sid will always be my first choice. But we have been blessed in the past with truely great players in my 40 years of following the Villa. Yorke, Mellberg, Carboni, Dublin, Morley, Platt, Mortimer, Daley, McGrath, Saunders, the list goes on... I would guess Grealish could be on there if he stays beyond summer and we build a team around him, not yet a "Hall Of Fame" but not very far off.

Yup. The 1981 team barely got a look in for England and those that did seemed like a token gesture. Had we played in London nearly all our English players would have been capped many times.
Yes, London was the centre of the world in our championship season but the London media adopted Ipswich as a"south eastern club" Now the media, particularly the BBC have adopted Manchester as the most newsworthy city in the country.

Difficult to keep it short, as you always have favourites from different eras.

Shaw
Withe
Mortimer
Walters
Platt
Sid
McGrath
Atkinson
Bosnich
Yorke
Dublin
Laursen
Mellberg
Young
Benteke
Super Jack

Sid will always be my first choice. But we have been blessed in the past with truely great players in my 40 years of following the Villa. Yorke, Mellberg, Carboni, Dublin, Morley, Platt, Mortimer, Daley, McGrath, Saunders, the list goes on... I would guess Grealish could be on there if he stays beyond summer and we build a team around him, not yet a "Hall Of Fame" but not very far off.

strange mate, you have Carboni on your list who only played 24 games but Jack only if he stays in the summer?

I think it was those goals against Leeds that I remember... on reflection can I remove him off my list please lol. Jack will go down as legend anyway. We tend to think of legends as being those who have hung up their boots now.

A team if my favourite Villa players. Favourite not best that is.

Boz

Delaney melberg ugo bouma

Taylor Barry Grealish

Daley Angel Young

Bench: Freidal, Laursen, townsend, milner, Merson, Gabby, Benteke

Manager: Brian Little

I never understood why we didn't take Carbone permanently after that half a season. That game vs Leeds is one of my all time favourite Villa Park memories.

Boz🇦🇺

Delaney🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 melberg 🇸🇪 Laursen🇩🇰 bouma🇳🇱

Solano🇵🇪 Petrov🇧🇬 Townsend🇮🇪 Grealish🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Benteke 🇧🇪 Angel 🇨🇴
Sorensen. Nelson Mellberg. Nicholl. Aitken. P McMahon Crowe. Hitz. Ginola. S. Savo. Carbone. Probably wouldn't win the league but some characters there.