Your All Time Favourite Villans | Page 3 | Vital Football

Your All Time Favourite Villans

Sorensen. Nelson Mellberg. Nicholl. Aitken. P McMahon Crowe. Hitz. Ginola. S. Savo. Carbone. Probably wouldn't win the league but some characters there.

Very entertaining to watch that team. I can't see Savo and Carbone going a season without rowing on the pitch.

Just loved Yorke, always played with a smile on his face, and such a 'rags' to riches story.

Great, great player.

Dwight Yorke is the only Villa player I've ever played football with. When I was about 8 I was doing a week long training course at Bodymore. You'd be trained by some of the Villa youth team coaches and work on various things over the week. There must have been 30 or more kids my age there. At the end of every day they'd have a 5 a side tournament between the kids. On the last day for some reason my team was down a couple of lads for our last game. So out of seemingly nowhere Dwight Yorke appears and declares he's joining my team. He set me up for a goal as well and praised me for a good finish. Needless to say it was the highlight of my football career.

As a young nipper, in the '60s my first Villa hero (and they were in those days) was Tony Hateley and I remember how I felt badly let down by the club when they sold him to Chelsea.

The others I will think about and find some fitting videos.

View attachment 38156
One of the worse Villa players I can remember with the ball at his feet, but put it anywhere near his head and he was pure magic.
The best header of a ball I have ever seen.

All Time Team (4-3-3):

1. Rimmer
2. Swain
3. Gibson
4. McGrath
5. Teale
6. Mortimer
7. Merson
8. Barry
9. Withe
10. Little
11. Morley
Subs: Friedel, Evans, Staunton, Kevin Richardson, Townsend, Shaw, Grealish

International Team (3-5-2):
1. Friedel (USA)
2. Delaney (Wales)
3. Dorigo (Australia)
4. McGrath (Ireland)
5. Laursen (Denmark)
6. Mellberg (Sweden)
7. Mortimer (England)
8. Petrov (Bulgaria)
9. Carew (Norway)
10. Yorke (T&T)
11. McGinn (Scotland)
Subs: Bosnich (Australia) Cuellar (Spain), Nicholl (N. Ireland), Boateng (Holland), Benteke (Belgium), Angel (Colombia), Milosevic (Serbia)

All Time Team (4-3-3):

1. Rimmer
2. Swain
3. Gibson
4. McGrath
5. Teale
6. Mortimer
7. Merson
8. Barry
9. Withe
10. Little
11. Morley

1. Friedel (USA)
2. Delaney (Wales)
3. Dorigo (Australia)
4. McGrath (Ireland)
5. Laursen (Denmark)
6. Mellberg (Sweden)
7. Mortimer (England)
8. Petrov (Bulgaria)
9. Carew (Norway)
10. Yorke (T&T)
11. McGinn (Scotland)
Subs: Bosnich (Australia) Cuellar (Spain), Nicholl (N. Ireland), Boateng (Holland), Benteke (Belgium), Angel (Colombia), Milosevic (Serbia)

All opinion I know , but I can't believe there is no mention of Sid anywhere .

Gareth Barry deserves to make a few lists I think. He gave us many great years of service, made us good money when he left, never let us down at all and was poorly treated by some fans on his departure. He went on and actually won things remember!

All Time Team (4-3-3):

1. Rimmer
2. Swain
3. Gibson
4. McGrath
5. Teale
6. Mortimer
7. Merson
8. Barry
9. Withe
10. Little
11. Morley

1. Friedel (USA)
2. Delaney (Wales)
3. Dorigo (Australia)
4. McGrath (Ireland)
5. Laursen (Denmark)
6. Mellberg (Sweden)
7. Mortimer (England)
8. Petrov (Bulgaria)
9. Carew (Norway)
10. Yorke (T&T)
11. McGinn (Scotland)
All opinion I know , but I can't believe there is no mention of Sid anywhere .
He should really be in the International Team, probably at the expense of SIr Dennis technically, who as we know, was scandalously overlooked at international level.

One of the worse Villa players I can remember with the ball at his feet, but put it anywhere near his head and he was pure magic.
The best header of a ball I have ever seen.
With Johnny Mccleod and Harry Burrows supplying the crosses, I'd have scored 20 goals a season.

Oh Andy, oh Andy, your the greatest, the holte end say, oh Andy, oh Andy, we'll be with you all the way.
My 1st villa hero as a young boy, when footballers were hero's, not like the over blown ponces now.