Yorky Bars v The Mintballs | Vital Football

Yorky Bars v The Mintballs

ZAKKY

Vital Football Hero
Not a great weather forecast for York area today could be a 50/50 on if it will go ahead

Someone posted an article on Facebook yesterday.

Article was on about them being criticised for having 2 games in 5 days called off last December.

Basically the gist of it - no undersoil heating (costs £1000 a day to run, no heat lamps, and 2/3 of the pitch doesn't get the sun in the winter........oh and the groundsman is a volunteer.

Sure it will be all hands to the pumps today though. They wont want to lose out on the TV money.

Article was on about them being criticised for having 2 games in 5 days called off last December.

Basically the gist of it - no undersoil heating (costs £1000 a day to run, no heat lamps, and 2/3 of the pitch doesn't get the sun in the winter........oh and the groundsman is a volunteer.

Sure it will be all hands to the pumps today though. They wont want to lose out on the TV money.
We used to get games on in the eighties with just volunteer labour and groundstaff, we were one of the few clubs to have games go ahead

On the contrary, I got sent a screenshot from facebook with York fans boasting they didn't have a game called off last winter.

According to the York fans their pitch covers are good to -5 and the temp is bottoming out at -3 at the moment. Snow might make life interesting though
You may well be right Gaz, but the tweet I saw with this info (ie being OK to minus 5) said their temperature was 3, not minus 3.

Team News: Unchanged from Tuesday to start with:

Latics: Tickle, Clare, Hughes, Rekik, Pearce, S.Smith, Adeeko, Jones, Lang (Capt), Godo, Humphrys.

Subs: Amos, Watts, McHugh, Shaw, J.Smith, McManaman, Sze, Stones, Magennis.

Team News: Unchanged from Tuesday to start with:

Latics: Tickle, Clare, Hughes, Rekik, Pearce, S.Smith, Adeeko, Jones, Lang (Capt), Godo, Humphrys.

Subs: Amos, Watts, McHugh, Shaw, J.Smith, McManaman, Sze, Stones, Magennis.
Can't argue with that ... well, you can, and some probably will, but whatever happens, he can't be accused of disrespecting the cup.

Missed 3 absolute sitters in the last 5 minutes, hopefully we are getting the bad misses out of the way in a none league match, we're we should have a lot more to come.

I hope visibility is better at pitch level because it doesn’t look great on tv, certainly at the pitch ends.
It's a hard watch both in terms of visibility in the corners & what's being played on the pitch. Not great from either side despite the chances missed. Was gonna say, I hope it improves...well the football anyway cos I doubt the visibility will improve.