Yorkshire summer cricket thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Yorkshire summer cricket thread

Guaranteed top 2 so now quailified for top sector. A great comeback from the boys. and Harry Brook, PCA Player of the Month for June shows his class again. Well done Flash.

Big game coming up on Sunday then a bit of football as dessert.

Just want to make sure everyone knows England cheated in beating Pakistan. No idea what we did wrong but obviously it was illegal and racist. Congratulations to Pakistan for winning a match you got fucking batterd in.

Guaranteed top 2 so now quailified for top sector. A great comeback from the boys. and Harry Brook, PCA Player of the Month for June shows his class again. Well done Flash.

Big game coming up on Sunday then a bit of football as dessert.
Lancs 273-2 after our boys put em in to bat.Yorks up against it now mi thinks TT.UTB

Lancs 273-2 after our boys put em in to bat.Yorks up against it now mi thinks TT.UTB
Long, long day Rod. 1st hour they bowled well and were very unlucky but since then, apart from keeping them to less than 3 an over it's been a bad day for us.

Hindsight says we should have batted but, ith the way we've struggled to low 1st innings scores all season, I can understand the decision.. It's looking like we're going to have to bat for over 2 days to avoid a defeat and the double whammy is that half the points earned against the team you qualify with are taken into the next stage so , unless we draw, we're behind already.

Long, long day Rod. 1st hour they bowled well and were very unlucky but since then, apart from keeping them to less than 3 an over it's been a bad day for us.

Hindsight says we should have batted but, ith the way we've struggled to low 1st innings scores all season, I can understand the decision.. It's looking like we're going to have to bat for over 2 days to avoid a defeat and the double whammy is that half the points earned against the team you qualify with are taken into the next stage so , unless we draw, we're behind already.
I thought of you when i saw the score mi owd pal.Oh well come on GARETH's Boys.UTB

I thought of you when i saw the score mi owd pal.Oh well come on GARETH's Boys.UTB
Yes, need a bit of good news tonight Rod- got the flag up in the window and , now, feeling the nerves kick in.

About time someone pointed out there's 4 of ours in that squad.

Yes, need a bit of good news tonight Rod- got the flag up in the window and , now, feeling the nerves kick in.

About time someone pointed out there's 4 of ours in that squad.
Like you said about the cricket TT(post 27) it felt like a long long day watching the final.I'm very disappointed with the performance but i'm still of the opinion that ENGLAND have had a good tournament in reaching the final but hey according to owd Whineypeg, i'm only supporting ENGLAND to wind everyone up.:giggle: I see Matt Fitzpatrick lost the Scottish Open in a play off and also missed the Euro final which he had a ticket for.UTB

Like you said about the cricket TT(post 27) it felt like a long long day watching the final.I'm very disappointed with the performance but i'm still of the opinion that ENGLAND have had a good tournament in reaching the final but hey according to owd Whineypeg, i'm only supporting ENGLAND to wind everyone up.:giggle: I see Matt Fitzpatrick lost the Scottish Open in a play off and also missed the Euro final which he had a ticket for.UTB
At least it's raining today-hopefully for 2 more days at Headingley.

The final was awful. Predictable result and I'm sick of hearing about penalties being a lottery.They're the way cups are decided. They're a normal part of the game.There's very few win a lottery 3,4 or 5 times but plenty of countries have done that whilst we still see them as pure luck.

They're not. WTF were "the processes" that Kane and S/gate went on about? Whatever they were they didn't work- epic fail.

Roses 20/20 game today,it aint looking good.England v Pakistan on BBC 1 on Sunday. UTB
I enjoyed the England game on BBC 1 today and i thought the much criticised Jos Buttler batted well and did a decent job as stand in skipper.What a FANTASTIC caught and bowled by Adil today,if you aint seen it,it was top drawer. UTB

Last edited:
The Royal London one day cup starts tomorrow, Yorks are at Scarbados.

It overlaps with the new 100 and so Yorks are WITHOUT Root, Bairstow, Willey Rashid, Malan,Lyth, Kohler- Cadmore, Brook,Thomson & Fisher.

That's for the 50 over competition that England won in 2019 and spent 4 yrs preparing, and altering cricket schedules and competitions for. Now trashed because of the Holy Grail that the 100 has become.

I bet everyone's seen loads of publicity for the 100 but nowt about what was the premier one day competition for years.

It wouldn't surprise me if Royal London walked away ASAP- and who could blame them?