Yorkshire summer cricket thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

Yorkshire summer cricket thread

Is there anything whatsoever left that hasn't been dumbed down to try and milk the brain dead reality tv watching retards?
And they're claiming record TV audiences for the women's match- of course it was , it was the 1st ever and women's cricket has never been shown before on prime time terrestrial TV.

They are desperate to report this as a success, regardless of the facts- but , then again, it's been designed for those who struggle to deal in multiples of 6, so they'll swallow any guff shoved down their throats.

This from a contributor to the YCCC forum sums it up.

Why was the crowd full? Well it seemed to be full of BBC reporters dotted around the ground for Vaughan and Tufnell to pop over to every over and ask for a comment, view, chat with a spectator. Most seemed to be out on the lash after work in fancy dress.

Tuffers and Vaughan both played up to their post retirement media personas quite well. Not sure the rest of the TMS team could have done it quite as well and I did wonder how Fred and John Arlott might have adapted to commentating in what looks like a converted single decker bus.

"Oh that's gone to near Jimmy "can you hear us Jimmy?"" - no he couldn't on a couple of occasions as he switched off to avoid repeating his earlier error of referring to the Originals as "us" when of course he hasn't got a Hundred gig.

"Tymal - What's it like where you are and what do you think of the game? How do you decide what to bowl?" - he was actually ok and not buying into the hype.

"Chris (no idea who he was) - get 3 spectators on to tell us what a great night they are having....tell them they can have a freebie if they say the 9 words on the Hundred bullshit bingo card we gave you to get into every slot."

"Chris (still none the wiser) - you idiot, its meant to be for kids and women not 4 blokes on a lads night out after a day in the office, go and grab three kids in a cricket top and tell them they can have an ice-cream if they say the 9 words on the Hundred bullshit bingo card we gave you to get into every slot."

"And now over to some bloke who can tell you the difference between a bouncer and a yorker.... " - no one of them isn't the burly bloke who has been on furlough for the last 18 months you fools.

"Bugger, we have forgotten Isha Gua - remember its to attract kids and women - where is she?" "Isha over to you - don't forget its a sell out, biggest TV audience ever for BBC cricket (beating the previous record of ....err zero as we have never actually shown a game before...)"

"And lets look at the stats now (half way through the first innings) to see what the win-ometer suggests and this is based on past games of this length on this ground in these conditions - thanks to cricvizinfo for all their analysis to tell us that at the moment the game was 50/50." - I think even William Hill and Bet Fred can do better than that lads.

Meanwhile out in the middle the star names were struggling to deliver something credible - a Curran attempted moon ball (bugger we haven't done a sound bite to explain that one -where's Simon Hughes gone?) failed to hit the cut strip, big Carlos with his long levers (Peter and JK?) could not repeat his performance in the T20 final a few years ago, Buttler and Roy must have been tired from their recent 3 games v Pakistan and failed miserably with the bat (although Jason was a bit surly when dismissed) and Calvin Harrison provided a nice cameo in vain before going off to spin the discs and entertain the crowd.

Best bit? Some bloke called Jack Garratt - never heard of him but his performance stood out - yes him with the guitar at the half time interval.

Will I be back? I might tune in for a Northern Superchargers game and have a ticket for the games at Headingley on 31st July - it may be better in person rather than having to listen to all the BBC payroll trying to maintain the hype....

Not entirely sure if I should be thrilled or aghast at this rather surprising news, SBT. :eek:
I expect our mutual friend, the Treeton Oracle will advise me accordingly. :acid:

I would completely understand whichever it is.
At a point in my life where I have absolutely no time whatever for idiots, woke,pc, mind games, beggars, scroungers, illegals , charities,and a million other irrelevant entities.
Absolutely fine with that. Always worked hard having been given absolutely no advantages whatever and am absolutely happy with where I'm at on every level.
No interest in being liked. Always honest. Brutally so. Too much pussyfooting around. Call a spade a spade!

Not entirely sure if I should be thrilled or aghast at this rather surprising news, SBT. :eek:
I expect our mutual friend, the Treeton Oracle will advise me accordingly. :acid:
It appears as if i may not be a friend of SBT's any more Bigglenaldo,Oh well so be it.:giggle: i have to say you don't swear anywhere near enough or change your mind enough to be like SBT mi owd pal.:yes: Will you be going to the Norwich Friendly? UTB

Superb knock by Yorkshire today in scoring 329-3 to beat Leicestershire by 7 wkts with 2.1 overs left.They scored 327-7 in their innings.UTB

Superb knock by Yorkshire today in scoring 329-3 to beat Leicestershire by 7 wkts with 2.1 overs left.They scored 327-7 in their innings.UTB
Maiden century for Harry Duke and 90 n.o. for George Hill. Youngsters stepping up , a pleasant watch compared to Thursday's debacle at Scarbados.

PLumbing the Depths

Tonight's 'I don't know F.all but I'll talk anyway' from the female commentator.

1st of all I didn't appreciate that the incoming batsman had to face the next ball even if they had crosssed going for a run and were subsequently out which the said commentator had just announced saying she wasn't keen on it.

So, a few balls later the batting team lose a wicket. In comes new batsman and he's caught 1st ball. In comes next batsman who's caught 1st ball. At the other end is a batsman who's been going well but, obviously is not on strike.

Commetator's 'wisdom'

" I don't think the batting team are being very smart here. There's a batsman at the other end who's playing well yet they haven't tried to give him the strike'

How the f*ck could they given the rules you've just talked about less than 10 balls before???

Afrer being 0-2 after the 1st over Yorkshire recover to 320-7.

Matthew Waite, with the help of a no ball, hits 6,4,6,4,4,6 off the last over!
I bet that last over wor worth watching TT. Excellent recovery by the White Rose by the looks of it mi owd pal. UTB

I bet that last over wor worth watching TT. Excellent recovery by the White Rose by the looks of it mi owd pal. UTB
Just finished Rod, won by 39 runs so that last over was the difference.

Played at York and the live stream didn't work so highlight clips on YCCC site to see the wickets fall - and that magnificent last over.

bugger the Test.

Yorks kids , in the one day cup,go away to table topping Glamorgan and get a below par 231 all out . Glamorgan at 180-2 after 41 overs are walking it then the kids press the accelerator and restrict them to 226-8.

Through to the quarter finals on Saturday

Last edited: