Yes or No | Page 3 | Vital Football

Yes or No

Sack or Not

• Total voters
Wages and transfer kitty will determine who we get, we have to be realistic.

Has anyone any idea what Cook's on? Because I would have thought that some of the higher tier managers mentioned would be wanting double or even treble that amount. Possibly more.

Also, the managers mentioned will have ambition too, so would want a reasonable chunk of change to work with.

As someone has already said, if Cook goes this will give us a better idea of IECS ambition

Some mention Coleman. That would be a disaster, Unless he can attract Gareth Bale to come to help out. Pulis would certainly get our defence working, although he will want to bring in defenders who know how to. Alladyce has said he would manage in the Championship, if the right club came along.

But as the team stands at the moment come January there has to be a clear out.
Many players are just not good enough OR it comes back to Cook not knowing or wanting to make changes. Remember Kipre was his signing ready for Burn leaving.
Our defence has never recovered from losing Dan. Now in the first team at Brighton.

Looking back, if we have too to yesterdays game. Marshall proved once and for all he is not good enough.

If the management read these comments. They have to act or fans will not turn up.

It's a difficult one for me. A really difficult one. If you're asking me does he deserves to keep his job on most levels it's a no. We are crap away from home and we seem to have lost our way as a fun side to watch, we don’t attack sides anymore and we have no determination at times.

But my concern is what have we learned as a club from the transfer window. We spent all summer chasing Jordan hugill only for him to bang one in against us. He bit us in the arse big time.

Now similarly if we remove cook are we one hundred per cent sure that we can replace him with somebody better. It really all boils down to that. I don’t want us going into the winnable Barnsley game without a manager at all. Yes it’s been very poor but is it feasible to attract a Chris hughton here? I’m not sure it is. I

Fact is he’s not been good enough but he’s truly one of us and to throw him under the bus blindly is wrong. We have to be certain. But yes if there is someone better out there for us then it’s probably time to shake hands and say thanks. Must say though he was hurting big time in that interview and I really feel for him as I think the problem looked to have been the players yesterday not the management. He looks dejected as if he’s banging his head against a wall with them at the minute. It’s really hard from the outside looking in whether you can say it’s all him or all the players or a bit of both. If it is the players then this problem is not going away. But he signed them so is ultimately accountable.

Can’t see Hughton joining us tbf. Would be a great acquisition but I think it’s universally agreed that he was unlucky to lose the Brighton job, he will be going to a promotion chasing champ team or a struggling prem team at some point this season I would imagine.

It's a difficult one for me. A really difficult one. If you're asking me does he deserves to keep his job on most levels it's a no. We are crap away from home and we seem to have lost our way as a fun side to watch, we don’t attack sides anymore and we have no determination at times.

But my concern is what have we learned as a club from the transfer window. We spent all summer chasing Jordan hugill only for him to bang one in against us. He bit us in the arse big time.

Now similarly if we remove cook are we one hundred per cent sure that we can replace him with somebody better. It really all boils down to that. I don’t want us going into the winnable Barnsley game without a manager at all. Yes it’s been very poor but is it feasible to attract a Chris hughton here? I’m not sure it is. I

Fact is he’s not been good enough but he’s truly one of us and to throw him under the bus blindly is wrong. We have to be certain. But yes if there is someone better out there for us then it’s probably time to shake hands and say thanks. Must say though he was hurting big time in that interview and I really feel for him as I think the problem looked to have been the players yesterday not the management. He looks dejected as if he’s banging his head against a wall with them at the minute. It’s really hard from the outside looking in whether you can say it’s all him or all the players or a bit of both. If it is the players then this problem is not going away. But he signed them so is ultimately accountable.
Hugill - scored an easy goal but missed 2 easy sitters.

Hugill - scored an easy goal but missed 2 easy sitters.
Yeah I just mean we spent weeks chasing him and ended up going elsewhere and left ourselves with no pre season.

Let’s not make the same mistake with a manager. Let’s not chase hughton for weeks and then realise it’s not happening and end up with Martin O’Neill

I reckon Cook's replacement is already in the pipeline, just a sneaky thought thats all.
Sooner the better.

I can't believe we have 11 "Latics fans" on here that dont want Cook sacked, the mind boggles!

Don't believe potting him is "blindly throwing him under a bus" he's had over a year to sort out a solution to the fundamental issue of our away form and has been given support by 2 sets of owners to do this.
Clearly it's beyond him that's why a change is required asap

Don't believe potting him is "blindly throwing him under a bus" he's had over a year to sort out a solution to the fundamental issue of our away form and has been given support by 2 sets of owners to do this.
Clearly it's beyond him that's why a change is required asap
I'm not saying it is maybe I haven't done a good job of explaining myself. I agree on balance we should look to replace him. But to just sack him blindly without having a replacement ready lined up and ready to go theres no sense in potting him. It's Jordan hugill all over again and then the wild goose chase of finding another manager begins. Imagine then if we end up with David unsworth? I for one will not be happy.

Sack him if there's someone better and will take a job if not then tread carefully cause whatever we think of him he's a good bloke who cares passionately about the club.

"cause whatever we think of him he's a good bloke who cares passionately about the club".

And you know that how?

For someone who tells all and sundry of his love and support for Liverpool and goes off to watch them when ever he can at the same time as never missing an opportunity of a selfie at their games and with liverpool fans I think that counters your claim.

I care passionately about the club, thats why i want him out.

I know Cook is a sound bloke he mixes with the fans whenever he can (take a look at my avatar) but if he is going to drag the club down week after week then its time he wasn't here, he isn't going to turn things around im 100% certain of that.

And you know that how?

For someone who tells all and sundry of his love and support for Liverpool and goes off to watch them when ever he can at the same time as never missing an opportunity of a selfie at their games and with liverpool fans I think that counters your claim.
Jesus man you can't find fault with him for supporting his beloved Liverpool,the lad's from Merseyside for christs sake. Okay Latics is his second team, nowt wrong with that.

Yeah I just mean we spent weeks chasing him and ended up going elsewhere and left ourselves with no pre season.

Let’s not make the same mistake with a manager. Let’s not chase hughton for weeks and then realise it’s not happening and end up with Martin O’Neill
But we wouldn't know if we're chasing a manager or not.
I'm glad we didn't buy Hugill - he has the Grant Holt (when he first joined us) physique. How many starts and how many goals has he scored so far?
And he cost a fortune.

Jesus man you can't find fault with him for supporting his beloved Liverpool,the lad's from Merseyside for christs sake. Okay Latics is his second team, nowt wrong with that.

I don't have a problem with him doing that, I was answering someone claiming he loves latics with a passion, or similar words and pointing out that these actions show his only affinity with us is as an employee.

Maybe it needs a new man to come in and sort this out, like when Jewell came into a club with a squad full of pisstakers. It happens.
But that man will have to be backed to do what he wants...his way. In January. Bring their own players in and get shut of anybody not up to it or who he doesnt think good enough.

This is why we need a higher level, experienced, manager.

According to Nixon a deal for that young CH we're after is nearly done.
I can't see the Royles sacking Cook yet if they're allowing him to sign players.

According to Nixon a deal for that young CH we're after is nearly done.
I can't see the Royles sacking Cook yet if they're allowing him to sign players.

My only issue with that is the players signed haven't really featured as yet, apart from Marshall, who's been woeful and the odd cameo from Jamal Lowe, who looks like our best attacking option when(if) he's used. Might be Cook has a say, but final decisions aren't his; there could be one or two he didn't want.

Patience has ran out, certainly from the fans. You can't go to London and back and have your team deliver a non-performance like that. It is unacceptable and these players need a bit of pride in themselves let alone the club that they play for than yo allow that to happen. It is still early, there's a lot of football left, but you get the sense we don't have that time after the abject away form that nearly saw us relegated.

Of course, we'll go, we'll back the club, but the groans are growing and the pressure is building. Paul Cook I feel has the Barnsley match to put it right and so how does he do that?

He doesn’t know his best team, it’s as simple as that. This is what normally happens when you sign all your players in the last two weeks of the transfer window with no pre season friendlies to settle them in. There was a reason most of us were so concerned when we’d done such little business early on and now the chickens are coming home to roost.