Yes or No | Vital Football

Yes or No

Sack or Not

• Total voters
If we beat Barnsley, Cook will get a temporary reprieve. This will only mask his deficiencies as a manager. I really like Cook but I'm starting to lose confidence in him. We're not learning anything - we consistently concede terrible goals. I'm not sure whether or not he should go yet - if he does stay, things must change immediately. I like him as a person and I want him to do well but I have serious doubts about his ability to turn things around.

I think he has to go now.........it’s not only this season is it, it’s the failures of last season too.We are not learning anything week to week so for me keeping him for a few more weeks is not going to make any difference whatsoever,just delay the inevitable.
Who do we look at as a replacement? Chris Hughton,Gary Rowett,.....David Moyes......or what about Chris Coleman.....where did he go to?

Chris Houghton and Tony Pulis are both effective, whilst not pretty. Could be a good fit for us though, as we are rubbish at grinding out results, tactically poor.

Other then that Danny Cowley at Lincoln. Play's attacking football and has done well every club he's managed.

Chris Houghton and Tony Pulis are both effective, whilst not pretty. Could be a good fit for us though, as we are rubbish at grinding out results, tactically poor.

Other then that Danny Cowley at Lincoln. Play's attacking football and has done well every club he's managed.

Might end up being another Nathan Jones, I feel we need someone with experience in this league, but I would take anyone to see Cook go. Players dont respect him (not surprised if he claps other players scoring instead of motivating his team).

Might end up being another Nathan Jones, I feel we need someone with experience in this league, but I would take anyone to see Cook go. Players dont respect him (not surprised if he claps other players scoring instead of motivating his team).

I thought Jones was going to do well to be fair. But they have very different cv's. Cowley has managed three team's and has been managing for 12 years.

Jones has only managed one team before joining Stoke. Jones has only the experiences of one group of player's within that one environment. Cowley's managed his way from the very bottom and hasn't failed yet.

I thought Jones was going to do well to be fair. But they have very different cv's. Cowley has managed three team's and has been managing for 12 years.

Jones has only managed one team before joining Stoke. Jones has only the experiences of one group of player's within that one environment. Cowley's managed his way from the very bottom and hasn't failed yet.

Ive always liked him after the FA cup run I believe.

Listen, fuck bringing in some lower league no mark in. No fucking chance!

Do that, and I am done and will seriously go and demand a refund on my season ticket.

Think bigger...think a bit more higher. Hughton, Moyes, Pulis, Coleman. Yes please. Experienced in the top two tiers. Thats what we need. Not 'potential'. Massive gap now quality wise betweem league one and the Championship. We are currently being managed by a successful league two manager, who then did well with us in league one, but who is so far out of his depth at this level, its painful.

He has spent over 10 mil and actually NOT improved us, the useless Cookwomble!

Do that, and I am done and will seriously go and demand a refund on my season ticket.

Think bigger...think a bit more higher. Hughton, Moyes, Pulis, Coleman. Yes please. Experienced in the top two tiers. Thats what we need. Not 'potential'. Massive gap now quality wise betweem league one and the Championship. We are currently being managed by a successful league two manager, who then did well with us in league one, but who is so far out of his depth at this level, its painful.

Well that's true but he would need a lot more than ten million to replace Powell and James and losing those two alone without any serious replacements could see us relegated never mind improving. Most of what we spent the money on was to back up what we already had and replace the squad players we released. Jamal Lowe a league one winger cost a fortune to cover Massey. Big striker to be left on his own with no service took a huge chunk of the cash but no replacement for Powell. Make do with Woeful Windass or Hopalong Pilky. James replaced by another kid on the hope he can be ok.

Eddie Howe and Chris Wilder came from the lower leagues. The managers out of work are there for a reason. Either someone attack minded or very experienced would be fine for me.

Not someone like Unsworth who's untested.

Sorry for the language in my last post, but lets think a bit bigger than nicking Lincoln's manager.

As a club, we can turn this into an opportunity. Why? Because we have just turned the academy into a Level 2 one, upping it a level. We have the new academy to be built at the soccerdome. Off the field, we are doing so much right as a club.

Surely we can use all of this to bring in someone like the aforementioned Chris Hughton, David Moyes, Garry Monk, Tony Pulis etc. As a club, we may not be the biggest. But the project here is an exciting one.
We need to marry all of this with success on the pitch. Ok, what merits success for us? In my opinion, comfortably retaining our status as a Championship club. Stabilizing the club. Thats for this season. And next season pushing on to have a real go for play offs or higher.

We wont do this with our current manager. I would hope he is sacked tomorrow. Dont drag it out, we are in a serious mess and it needs addressing. Lets not dilly dally like we have done before.

Totally disagree about Chris Hughton. Unlucky when he was sacked at Brighton.

That i can think of right now he's the best manager out of work. Whilst he does very well at this level, he's not been able to push on at the next level. His football is based on 1-0's, isn't exciting to watch. The best way to take this club forward is to have exciting football, but there's not many managers out there that can perform like Wilder and Howe.

That i can think of right now he's the best manager out of work. Whilst he does very well at this level, he's not been able to push on at the next level. His football is based on 1-0's, isn't exciting to watch. The best way to take this club forward is to have exciting football, but there's not many managers out there that can perform like Wilder and Howe.
Not bothered about the next level, we can sort that when we get there ?
Competence at this level would do me right now.

Not bothered about the next level, we can sort that when we get there ?
Competence at this level would do me right now.

Same but the chances of him coming here is very low, if any at all.