Xmas lockdown or not? n/g | Page 4 | Vital Football

Xmas lockdown or not? n/g

How many deaths do you expect to happen if you have your family round ?

The problem is i am left in doubt as to what is best to do. I don't know enough about risk to make the right choice.

I therefore consider no risk to be better than some risk. I have not been covid tested and i would never recover from giving it to my daughter, son-in-law and grandson.

My daughter says she wants to visit regardless but i feel i must make the right moral choice.

The answer to your question is i don't know as i do not have all the facts.

The problem is i am left in doubt as to what is best to do. I don't know enough about risk to make the right choice.

I therefore consider no risk to be better than some risk. I have not been covid tested and i would never recover from giving it to my daughter, son-in-law and grandson.

My daughter says she wants to visit regardless but i feel i must make the right moral choice.

Sorry mate but, going forward, how will you ever be 100% sure that you are safe from infection? Even the vaccines will be at best 95% effective but you will want to see all your loved ones again at some point

You can buy one of those contraptions to take your own temperature. You would know if you were coughing more regularly and if that is a dry cough, You would know if you start being unable to taste or smell your food. Your daughter says she is willing to take the risk.

Bearing that all in mind, the only reason to delay is to wait several months until most of the population as been vaccinated, which will further reduce the risk, but nothing will eliminate it completely.

No risk means you should not leave your house... full stop. Never mind whether you should have family around, you should be online shopping, then leaving the shopping for 4 days in the garage to isolate. And even without covid, there is all sorts of risk with everyones day to day activity. There is risk every time you drive a car on a road populated by others that someone might crash into you and harm you. If you are of the belief no risk is better, then you really should stop driving anywhere at all.

No risk means you should not leave your house... full stop. Never mind whether you should have family around, you should be online shopping, then leaving the shopping for 4 days in the garage to isolate. And even without covid, there is all sorts of risk with everyones day to day activity. There is risk every time you drive a car on a road populated by others that someone might crash into you and harm you. If you are of the belief no risk is better, then you really should stop driving anywhere at all.
But with driving and normal life i understand the risks and numbers associated.

Not with this i do not. I try to make calculated decisions but that's hard without the facts - or knowing them to be true.

That's incredibly conscientious!

My suggestion is a private test as near as you can to Christmas. £120, but worth it for your peace of mind.

https://www.boots.com/health-pharmacy-advice/covid-19-testing/covid-19-testing-service

Yes, i drive but i know the risks. I have figures that confirm the risks. I work on numbers (when i can).
How do you know the risks? You can control what you will do, but not what every other driver does. All you know for certain is that there is a more than zero chance (albeit incredibly small) of having or causing a fatal accident if you drive a car

It's quite simple really- If you have the type of family member who has tested positive and is "feeling shit", but refuses to isolate because they are not being told what to do by Boris, don't invite them to Christmas dinner!

It's quite simple really- If you have the type of family member who has tested positive and is "feeling shit", but refuses to isolate because they are not being told what to do by Boris, don't invite them to Christmas dinner!
That's fine for that day but what about a few days later when millions of Britons wake up on Boxing day and the day after new year with a massive hangover. With not a clue who they were with or where they went on the binge. The likelihood is that there will be a massive number of infections. Sorry Boris this is not responsible government. Blame the idiots now because they will not listen after Christmas they will be too pissed to bother.Sad very sad that a lack of control is being shown weeks from the finishing line.The beaches full of people showed what happens.

That's fine for that day but what about a few days later when millions of Britons wake up on Boxing day and the day after new year with a massive hangover. With not a clue who they were with or where they went on the binge. The likelihood is that there will be a massive number of infections. Sorry Boris this is not responsible government. Blame the idiots now because they will not listen after Christmas they will be too pissed to bother.Sad very sad that a lack of control is being shown weeks from the finishing line.The beaches full of people showed what happens.

It's not Boris's fault you can't hold your liquor! 😉

Just worry about yourself, and let other people worry about themselves. The announcement wasn't a green light for drunken bingeing, it is saying that it is ok for families to meet for a day.

That's fine for that day but what about a few days later when millions of Britons wake up on Boxing day and the day after new year with a massive hangover. With not a clue who they were with or where they went on the binge.

Your family might be a bunch of alcoholic pissheads but most families only seem to enjoy an extra glass of sherry or a Snowball cocktail around Christmas, especially if they will be driving to a different relative the next day. The only stories I know of people getting seriously drunk are people who are prone to get seriously drunk throughout the year anyway.

Sure there will be some people who'll get drunk as they usually would but I would trust that most families who will be visiting other people will be doing it a lot more sober and sensible than normal. The only people who I would expect to get massively drunk are the sort of people who will be staying in anyway as most events (especially town sponsored firework countdown for New Years) will be cancelled.

You seem to have a seriously negative option of other people in society and see anyone who isn't copying you as being selfish granny murderers. Has anyone ever called you Karen as a joke in real life?

Haha yeah! I typed out a message calling out AK for being patronising to other posters but decided I couldn't really be arsed for the essay in response...oh well might aswell just explain now, basically AK, you're not an intellectual genius mate just someone who had an opinion on a Gills fans message board like everyone else.

*Awaits essay*
In case AK is watching, I clicked "like" after the edit and didn't see the original 😬

Haha yeah! I typed out a message calling out AK for being patronising to other posters but decided I couldn't really be arsed for the essay in response...oh well might aswell just explain now, basically AK, you're not an intellectual genius mate just someone who has an opinion on a Gills fans message board like everyone else.

*Awaits essay*
Twat.