Xmas lockdown or not? n/g | Page 7 | Vital Football

Xmas lockdown or not? n/g

I'm not the train man - think you must be getting confused, having played Charlton at the weekend... I don't dispute what you say about the train services up north, but would northerners be willing to pay almost £7000 for a season ticket or 70 quid plus for a day return to travel 50 miles to fund and run such a service, like I do from Ashford to London?

Sorry about confusion re Train Man - my mistake (Think it might be Trev)

I`ve had to pay heavy ST prices in the S/East too, take it from me, you get a better service. And when I was in London, IIRC, I got extra money to put toward travelling in terms of a London weighting. And, IIRC, tube travel in London is free for 60+ people. So, swings and roundabouts. Not going to get into a South v North argument, that would be sad; you`re happy where you are and I am where i`m at, so all good.

Last edited:
I really noticed that after moving here and getting the train to watch The Chiefs.
50 miles but allow a couple of hours .
Single track to Exeter.
Old diesel.
Only two carriages so no seat.
About twenty stops.
One good thing.
Only £11.

When Gills played at Swansea in the Cup last year I traveled by train via Cardiff. Traveled to Swansea on a posh London inter-city train but the return was via a local service - which consisted of just one carriage - a right old rattler.