World Cup 2018 Fred sponsored by Unfounded Optimism followed by Abject Disappointment | Page 4 | Vital Football

World Cup 2018 Fred sponsored by Unfounded Optimism followed by Abject Disappointment

Nope, not on this one either

images

:hehe: My better senses tell me a I should be quiet and figure out how to keep my fingers and toes attached to me but I am not that self-aware

Technically - Australia is on a different tectonic plate than Asia. Asia is on the Eurasian plate and Australia is on the Australian plate. The plates bump against eaxch other somewhere in Indonesia.

Geologically speaking, these are different land masses. That said Australia is generall thought of as its own continent.

Most importantly, since ORF can probably stomp a mudhole into me, Australia can be part of Asia!!!

:throw:

Yes Brad, but Geologic and Geographic boundaries are two completely different things

Look on a map. Find ASIA and tell me if Australia is in it

At no point have I stated that Australia was part of Asia - The Continent.

Maybe you would like to point out where I have.

I alluded to the fact that it is part of the Asia Pacific area, which it is; something you concurred with in one post.

I suspect you was far too busy foaming at the mouth to have noticed.

Because Australia IS NOT in Asia.

So when you say "yes it is!"

You are saying that it IS in Asia.

Asia and the Asia Pacific (Asia forms part of this) regions are 2 different things. Australia is in the latter but not in Asia

Because Australia IS NOT in Asia.

So when you say "yes it is!"

You are saying that it IS in Asia.

Asia and the Asia Pacific (Asia forms part of this) regions are 2 different things. Australia is in the latter but not in Asia

I made it quite clear what I meant:

"It is situated in the South East of the Asia Pacific region"

Remember that bit?

So you're saying Australia ISN'T in Asia?

If so, why did you ever get involved? Why did you say "yes it is!"? Asia is not Asia Pacific. Asia is Asia. I've said all along that Australia isn't in Asia, are you saying that you agree?

In a nutshell.
Australia is part of the (Apac) Asian Pacific region but is not part of the continent of Asia.
Close thread.

The question that lots of books have that intrigues me - What is the largest island in the world? Some books say Australia. Others say Greenland as Australia is not eligible as it is a continent. I have never seen a book which says the largest island is the one with Asia, Africa and Europe on it!

Lienking, Greenland causes an issues for many in another way as well. You look on a map and it looks a lot bigger than Australia (and America, etc) when in fact it's a lot, lot smaller.

So you're saying Australia ISN'T in Asia?

If so, why did you ever get involved? Why did you say "yes it is!"? Asia is not Asia Pacific. Asia is Asia. I've said all along that Australia isn't in Asia, are you saying that you agree?

Are you by any chance schizophrenic?

Because I have lost track of who you are arguing with; in the main, I suspect yourself.

"Yes it is" was qualified by the remark "It is situated in the South East of the Asia Pacific region"

Is that clear enough?

There has been more than enough subsequent posts to dispel any hint of ambiguity, as both of you know full well

View attachment 27420
Are you by any chance schizophrenic?

Because I have lost track of who you are arguing with; in the main, I suspect yourself.

"Yes it is" was qualified by the remark "It is situated in the South East of the Asia Pacific region"

Is that clear enough?

There has been more than enough subsequent posts to dispel any hint of ambiguity, as both of you know full well

So just to be "clear". Is Australia in Asia?