World Cup 2018 Fred sponsored by Unfounded Optimism followed by Abject Disappointment | Page 26 | Vital Football

World Cup 2018 Fred sponsored by Unfounded Optimism followed by Abject Disappointment

When other teams fans are being patriotic they are being just that when it’s England they are screaming about no surrender or the amount of German bombers in the air, or how they’d rather be anything other than a Turk or how our new aircraft carrier that leaks & has zero aeroplanes on it rules the waves. Be proud of your country by all means but be proud of the gay marriage, the immigration (which look at the team before anything) or all of the many many things that this country has to be proud of, including all the soldiers who came back from one war & voted for progress rather than one war you’ve seen films of & not a lot else.

When other teams fans are being patriotic they are being just that when it’s England they are screaming about no surrender or the amount of German bombers in the air, or how they’d rather be anything other than a Turk or how our new aircraft carrier that leaks & has zero aeroplanes on it rules the waves. Be proud of your country by all means but be proud of the gay marriage, the immigration (which look at the team before anything) or all of the many many things that this country has to be proud of, including all the soldiers who came back from one war & voted for progress rather than one war you’ve seen films of & not a lot else.

Hogwash!

It might be so in the Worksop pubs in which you frequent or even the Shireoaks hostelry in which you do your meat raffle, but to tar everyone with the same brush is simply ridiculous you bummer

Hogwash!

It might be so in the Worksop pubs in which you frequent or even the Shireoaks hostelry in which you do your meat raffle, but to tar everyone with the same brush is simply ridiculous you bummer

So today no one in the ground sang no surrender?

No one sang about the Second World War?

I think you know exactly what you’re doing here you little tinker & I for one am tired of the shitehawks & snerts such as yourself toodling your pips & whacking yourselves to room temperature.

We played well going forward, and you can only beat what's in front of you. Saying that, Panama were bloody awful, as Rio Ferdinand commented, about non league standard.
Despite the great win, I am concerned about our defence. Even against Panama they had several dangerous situations in the first ten minutes or so and of course scored in the second half. I can't help feeling, that against better sides we are going to really struggle defensively.

Not according to some of the Irish contingent on here that appear to be very grump today

You know exactly the point I am making; for every true sports fan in this Country there are at least ten who use tournaments like this to show how fervently patriotic they are and how much they hate foreigners.

Its posts, fantastic posts, like that Mao that highlighted why great dribbly posters have had to put the majority of the clique on ignore

No, you are not on your own.

A pretty moderate side just beat an appallingly bad one.

All that has happened is that they are one step closer to being found out, but I do not suppose a healthy dose of realism will be welcome at the moment.

Don't think anyone is kidding themselves Mao but it's been a long time since people have had a chance to celebrate the team. These are not prima Donna failed generation type players.

Given the teams in the other group we do have a realistic chance of getting knocked out in the quarter finals. Might as well enjoy it.

Anyone of half a dozen sides could win it to be fair.I thought Columbia looked good and would cause us a few headaches with their pace and movement.

Anyone of half a dozen sides could win it to be fair.I thought Columbia looked good and would cause us a few headaches with their pace and movement.
Senegal looked good going forward but dodgy at the back. Of the 3 I would prefer Japan but even they are decent going forward so we would have to be awake.

Apparently if you support other countries it’s fine but if you support England you must be a flag waving moron. Odd really.

That's not the point as you know full well.

You watch sport in this country and its all about something called an Empire that used to exist a long while ago; I'm not sure what exactly the Empire was but I think it was a Cinema.

A good deal of England fans, not all of them, cannot watch their team play without abusing the opposition when there is absolutely no need.

Everyone knows it happens but dismiss it as something quintessentially English.

I too know some ex service men, guys I played Rugby with a good while ago.

I took them to the England Ireland game at Twickenham in March; to say they were taken aback by the reaction of some people to the result is an understatement.

I am not obviously Irish, but two of our party were; the abuse the got was sickening.

One of the guys with us, former Royal Marine and Second Row forward, took exception to the abuse and levelled a few people in disgust; obviously he does not get the concept of patriotism.

The people that pretend that all of this fervour is harmless fun are deluding no one.