Women's Football (World Cups, WSL, Villa, the lot) | Page 51 | Vital Football

Women's Football (World Cups, WSL, Villa, the lot)

Wondered when this thread would get bumped.

....reaches for the pop corn ....

I'm awaiting the first person to go out of his way to come onto to this thread and moan about being forced to watch women's football despite there being approximately 76548 other things on multiple entertainment platforms.

I'm awaiting the first person to go out of his way to come onto to this thread and moan about being forced to watch women's football despite there being approximately 76548 other things on multiple entertainment platforms.

Agreed, we aren't forced, and therefore I don't watch women's football, cricket and so on... even tennis is a joke to me, do 5 sets then ask for equal pay. UFC is excellent, they are real warriors.

However, whereas before, you could go to football sites to read about football, you now get inundated with women's football as well. So although I am not that bothered, the hype and the way it is forced on what I am trying to read about/watch/am interested in, does grate a little.

I find the pace of their game woeful, I choose therefore to wish them luck and not watch it. But I can't avoid it being thrust my way now. Was on the news earlier that this Euro's (and I quote) is probably the most important sporting event this year. In fact, I would go so far as saying every game I have attempted to watch, is crap, and yet this is the most important event?

Ok then.

(And back out of this thread I go!)

They play decent-ish possession play in midfield and out from the back, but the attacks are limited to running down to the byline and trying to cross it in, even if there is space to cut in. Seems pretty basic I know it’s not the same as mens football but considering England has one of the best professional leagues now and the pick of the worlds coaches you’d have thought they’d have something more inventive in their locker

Agreed, we aren't forced, and therefore I don't watch women's football, cricket and so on... even tennis is a joke to me, do 5 sets then ask for equal pay. UFC is excellent, they are real warriors.

However, whereas before, you could go to football sites to read about football, you now get inundated with women's football as well. So although I am not that bothered, the hype and the way it is forced on what I am trying to read about/watch/am interested in, does grate a little.

I find the pace of their game woeful, I choose therefore to wish them luck and not watch it. But I can't avoid it being thrust my way now. Was on the news earlier that this Euro's (and I quote) is probably the most important sporting event this year. In fact, I would go so far as saying every game I have attempted to watch, is crap, and yet this is the most important event?

Ok then.

Yes, watch it, don’t watch it , really not an issue. I won’t be watching. I don’t watch the mens AFCON or the COPA either. I don’t watch football for the sake of it.

The biggest gripe , if that is the right word, is I do not think the standard lives up to the hype it is given. I think it is made out to be some great standard by people who are desperate to be seen as modern and woke and it’s de rigueur nowadays.

Good luck to the team.

I didn’t watch the England womens game, I don’t really have much interest in the mens team so there’s not much chance I’m going to watch the women regardless of the occasion. I’ve absolutely no issue with women playing football, I’d actually encourage it and they should have every opportunity to do so but the bottom line is it’s simply not good enough, at least not yet. I like watching womens tennis as the level at the grand slams is good and very watchable, shame they don’t play 5 sets but it would be a scheduling nightmare so it’s nothing to do with them being women. Hopefully one day womens football can get to a level like that of womens tennis where it’s almost on a par with the mens but it’s got a long, long way to go. I feel like the amount of attention it’s given doesn’t really match what’s on offer.

Ok then.

I wasn't aware that people were being forced to click onto certain pages on websites. A drastic development for sure. To be honest I'm amazed you've managed to find a regular football site that puts out anything other than transfer bollocks or "news" about man utd or Liverpool.

I wasn't aware that people were being forced to click onto certain pages on websites. A drastic development for sure. To be honest I'm amazed you've managed to find a regular football site that puts out anything other than transfer bollocks or "news" about man utd or Liverpool.

Ha, no, I didn't say people were being forced, I was saying they are now merged into one

Yes, watch it, don’t watch it , really not an issue. I won’t be watching. I don’t watch the mens AFCON or the COPA either. I don’t watch football for the sake of it.

The biggest gripe , if that is the right word, is I do not think the standard lives up to the hype it is given. I think it is made out to be some great standard by people who are desperate to be seen as modern and woke and it’s de rigueur nowadays.

Good luck to the team.
This. The breathless hype is very revealing.

Unlike the men's game it's uncritical.

You won't hear 'x had a shocking game' or 'this is a very boring match' because the mindset is that we MUST like it.

I did watch a few minutes last night. Flicking through the channels looking for something to watch. England had just scored and VAR were looking for a way to overrule the Goal line technology. I left at that point and only saw the score this morning.
Like everything if England are involved in I want them to win. Just struggle to watch it.

Ha, no, I didn't say people were being forced, I was saying they are now merged into one

Its not something I've ever really thought about. I'm more offended by endless big 6 articles than anything on the women's game. Quite frankly pretty much all football bar those 6 is treated as an unfortunate sideshow that the media in this country occasionally must mention.