Wolves v Tottenham 3 pm SATURDAY 4 th March … MATCH THREAD | Vital Football

Wolves v Tottenham 3 pm SATURDAY 4 th March … MATCH THREAD

Looking at the fixtures this weekend a point could end up being a good result

City v Newcastle
United v Pool

could see our nearest rivals lose/drop points.

4 points on Chelsea this season and if we beat Wolves we will have picked up 3 more than last season against them.

Then we have Forest who are substituted for Burnley and then 3 games where we can pick up points, Southampton, Everton and Brighton.

The fat bird hasn't sung yet, Top 4 would still be an incredible achievement and I'm still of the mind we can get past Milan.

Genuinely doesn't bother me if we get it or not.

Makes no difference to whether we win a cup or not, which is all I (and a lot of fans) want.

Rather be languishing mid table and have more of a pop at the cups.

No coincidence we haven't won a trophy in 15 years.

When we were shit in the 90's we even managed 2 trophies.

Wolves have never been a soft target for us...in fact it's always been a bit of a struggle. Wolves are technically good on the ball and are disciplined off it. Hard to break down by many, but that aspect especially gives us problems.

I'm not sure what kind of team they're going to field but I hope it doesn't matter with our lads looking to right the ship after that lacklustre (again) performance in the Cup during the week,

I've got us nicking a point; but deep down I hope for more. Kulu saves us at the death!

As we will no doubt persist with a 3-4-3 against their 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 then I'd go with the following. Would love Sarr and Skipp but feel we need PEH against the experience and guile of Nerves, Mourinho and Lemina. Give Danj a start and see if he takes his chance. 

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230304-113942.png
    Screenshot_20230304-113942.png
    179.6 KB · Views: 8
As we will no doubt persist with a 3-4-3 against their 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 then I'd go with the following. Would love Sarr and Skipp but feel we need PEH against the experience and guile of Nerves, Mourinho and Lemina. Give Danj a start and see if he takes his chance. 

That's the line-up I'd go for as well, although again the talk doing the rounds is that Danjuma fitness maybe suspect ..

I won’t be able to watch the game today , it will be the first I haven’t watched all season … probably be a blessing.
we will need a strong midfield , they always put out a good midfield , Hoj needs to wake up and actually help out a bit like he has of late . Not like he did in Yorkshire on Wednesday.
We also need our new hero Royal to shake off his knee injury .
Son needs to rest again , Danjuma could get a start , with Richi and Son to do some damage at the end .
Does anyone know the outcome of the inquiry into the ghost that roams the Bramhall Lane Pitch , , I only know it should have been booked for that awful challenge on Sanchez .

I know we won't play 3 in midfield but again that is where we are going to struggle for the ball. They have the creativity we lack, playing two will be just another bit of my wtf moments with the line up. Think we will end up losing of drawing, just can't see us playing for 90 mins when mostly we will possibly be chasing the ball, because as with most teams we play .....wolves look like a team on the pitch....albeit they are a struggling team. Won't be watching it.