Winter Transfer Window Thread | Page 36 | Vital Football

Winter Transfer Window Thread

If Mancienne remains both motivated and mobile he will be a quality back up player.

If he does sign I dare venture he has passed both tests under the watchful gaze of MA over the last couple of weeks.
To be flippant for a second (or three), so did Alan Sheehan.

To be flippant for a second (or three), so did Alan Sheehan.
True, but I'm sure MA learns from his mistakes :grinning:

Of course Sheehan was signed neither for his motivation or mobility. Ma believed he was signing a ball playing centre half to replace those that couldn't and hadn't noticed he was in reality best suited as an understudy for Josh Vickers.

Remember watching Mancienne a few times for a bad (for that level) Hamburg in the Bundesliga a few years ago. Just remember him playing mostly fullback and being very athletic - was quite a while back though

Whilst MontSama has great potential he is at the moment one major mistake a game that has cost us goals this season and injury to himself. No one at this stage is going to pay megger money For potential alone

Sort of get it but also think Grant has been decent in that role, and if you were going to sign someone to play either holding midfield or right back I think you'd just sign a player to actually play in those positions? Can't imagine Mancienne would be a particularly good attacking right back?

Assuming Bridcutt and Mancienne briefly played together at Forest
Their early days at Chelsea as well maybe?

This made me panic for a minute:
Screenshot_20210128-213253_Instagram.jpg

Still, I'm wondering why he is reflecting on signing for us. Not like it was a year ago. Am I being paranoid?

Judging by how many deals get announced in the days after it creaks very slowly closed whilst remaining slightly ajar at the end just in case

It is slammed shut but has a large enough gap at the bottom for bundles of notes to be pushed under in (Top 6 only) special brown bags.