Winter Transfer Window Thread | Page 23 | Vital Football

Winter Transfer Window Thread

Not sure if this is the right place for this but... What is going on with McGrandles? He seems to have been unavailable for ages. I know he was initially injured, is that still the case? We could really do with him back again.
Injured, back in a couple of weeks according to MA.

I wonder if Salford employ somebody just to decide which Lincoln player to sign next.

You would think they would learn it only ends in tears for them - Arnold, Green, O'Connor, Andrade and now possibly Gotts. Perhaps in Gotts they will finally sign an Imps connected player on the rise.

Not overly bothered by losing Gotts. The Leeds fans rated him very highly, saying he would be the best midfielder in L1. He was a long way from that and I am not sure he is ready for the more physical L2.

Andrade has only scored 2 goals in 31 appearances for Salford. He may be earning plenty, but at 27 he has stalled his career in the process. Has been on the bench since the start of December.

Even worse than Akinde, who has 4 in 37 for Gillingham; all four have come away from home - Akinde still hasn't scored at Priestfield in 18 games.

So Gotts has gone and Lewis won't be playing for us again. What do people think; have the decks been cleared for a summer signing brought forward? Alternatively will we go with TJ as the starting RB with Harry as the option when we are either dominating sides or chasing a game?

Personally I will speculate that it's going to be scarf time soon as MA must have been aware of the Gotts development.

So Gotts has gone and Lewis won't be playing for us again. What do people think; have the decks been cleared for a summer signing brought forward? Alternatively will we go with TJ as the starting RB with Harry as the option when we are either dominating sides or chasing a game?

Personally I will speculate that it's going to be scarf time soon as MA must have been aware of the Gotts development.
What we can never tell, is which party was the motivator behind the cancellation of the loan. The departure of Gotts and Lewis does suggest there is something about to happen at right-back.

What we can never tell, is which party was the motivator behind the cancellation of the loan. The departure of Gotts and Lewis does suggest there is something about to happen at right-back.

Don't forget we already have cover in Mr Montsma. Most of his highlights reel showed him playing at right-back in Holland. I know he has done really well at centre-half, but if he had to cover TJ for a few games would a back four of Montsma, Jackson, Walsh, Edun be something to worry about?

Last edited:
Shame to see Gotts go, as he showed on Tuesday, he's improved in his time here and while with a fully fit squad he wouldn't be an automatic starter, with injuries and illness he'd have a reasonable chance of some starts beyond the pizza cup.

But it's the parent club that calls the shots in these circumstances and they obviously would prefer more starts amongst the L2 hoofers. Hope it works better for him than all the other ex-Imps who've gone over there.

Given MA's comments on Lewis (Aaron) earlier in the week, presumably that situation hasn't been altered by Gotts' recall which will have been a likely scenario when MA made them.

I think perhaps with this development we might be bringing forward the permanent signing of a RB we've been looking at for some time.

Don't forget we already have cover in Mr Montsma. I know he has done really well at centre-half, but if he had to cover TJ for a few games would a back four of Montsma, Jackson, Walsh, Eyouma be something to worry about?
Good point. And the thought of Lewis (M) cruising elegantly up and down the right wing will have a few of us swooning on here :love:

ironic that gotts may be leaving, just as both mcgrandles and jones are out. gillingham on tuesday would have been his chance for a game in midfield. i wonder who we will use in there instead. howarth?

Think howarth was higher in the cm pecking order anyway. Grant bridcutt howarth isn't that unlikely