Winter Transfer Window Thread | Page 22 | Vital Football

Winter Transfer Window Thread

I can see the point in Leeds switching Gotts to where he's likely to be a starter.

He's only a squad player at Lincoln, although he's always done just fine in the team. With a run of games he might prove himself, but when's he ever likely to get that?

I can see the point in Leeds switching Gotts to where he's likely to be a starter.

He's only a squad player at Lincoln, although he's always done just fine in the team. With a run of games he might prove himself, but when's he ever likely to get that?

Take your point but with McGrandles out and previously Bridcutt out you'd think he might not have had a better chance to get a run in the team really? I think when Howarth was preferred in a deeper position (maybe boxing day?) started to think he was really just cover/body for the cup/not someone who would likely start many games for us.

Think if everyone had been fit we'd have just seen a couple of Papa Johns games & right back cameos.

So if he is in talks with Salford, presumably his loan to Lincoln has been cancelled already?

I can only see him playing in the PJT, and we only have a maximum of three more of those. It would make sense to replace him with a player who could play more regularly; as MA says, we need to have players able to contribute.

Agreed. To be fair, it would probably suit all parties. If Leeds see him staying them long term, surely they want him playing as much as possible. The lad, although seemingly happy, will also want to play more. For our part, it will free up a loan spot for someone that might get more game time than Robbie.

I think keeping Gotts would suit us. He has always been very competent when he has come on and fitted in well with the team dynamic, but it is true that, unless something changes, he doesn't look likely to be getting 15-20 starts for the rest of the season.

It may also be that there is a loan option we have an eye on to replace him with. Having seen Morgan Rogers come in, who knows what excitement there is just around the corner.

ironic that gotts may be leaving, just as both mcgrandles and jones are out. gillingham on tuesday would have been his chance for a game in midfield. i wonder who we will use in there instead. howarth?

Getting limited game time will make Leeds decision a lot easier. If we want to bring in someone else that might make more of an impact in the starting 11 then I am okay about this news. Robbie has done well in his time at Lincoln, not easy being played mainly out of position either.

You would have thought MA has someone new lined up?
yes i think someone will come in, but will a new player be ready to slot straight into the midfield, and the system that has been developed over 5 months? maybe explains why appleton wants to do a mini pre-season over the weekend.

You would have thought MA has someone new lined up?
I would have said definitely so ... maybe another from Man City's youth Cup winning side such as CJ Egan-Riley, although I can't see anyone shifting TJ Eyoma who has been outstanding all season so far.

Not sure if this is the right place for this but... What is going on with McGrandles? He seems to have been unavailable for ages. I know he was initially injured, is that still the case? We could really do with him back again.