Winter Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 16 | Vital Football

Winter Transfer Rumour Thread

Bit of a puzzle to me as we have let a 7 and two 11s go in Anderson, Zeb and Archibald.

Archibald never impressed me although he is definitely doing well at Orient. Anderson and Zeb were both better than some that are in the squad now.

A 9 we definitely have not had for many years.

Not sure you can say that about Zeb. Very quick and looked a class act against a severely understrength Shrewsbury, but nothing else springs to mind.

Loved Harry, but a bit of a headless chicken, most of the time, blessed with pace but ran down a lot of blind alleys. Improved under MApp, but would he be so much of an improvement given he's not setting the world alight at the Gas?

Not sure you can say that about Zeb. Very quick and looked a class act against a severely understrength Shrewsbury, but nothing else springs to mind.

Loved Harry, but a bit of a headless chicken, most of the time, blessed with pace but ran down a lot of blind alleys. Improved under MApp, but would he be so much of an improvement given he's not setting the world alight at the Gas?
Spot on.
There must be reason why not a single league one manager took a punt on him including the Cowleys.

I guess the wingers Michael Appleton added to the squad in the summer are a huge improvement on what Harry Anderson had to offer........

At least half the teams in every league are pining all their hopes on the transfer window but not many will be improved come January 31st.
A year ago we signed Poole, he has gone downhill this season to the point he is borderline rubbish at the moment.
4 months ago we signed a proven LG One player TJ Eyoma, see above.
4 months ago we signed supposed young starlets Fiorini, Sorensen and NLundulu, again see above.
4 months ago we signed a once highly rated winger who had Championship credentials,see above.
4 months we signed a supposed highly sought after Scottish young starlet who is no better than our own 17 year old Sean Rougham who cost us nothing, again see above.
All these cant be bad players, something somewhere has gone very wrong behind the scenes with recruitment, coaching and motivation.
Our much publicised ‘business model’ is under severe threat less than 2 years into the plan.
Our players look as if they only ever play non contact 5 a side keepball football in training and I bet they look good doing it but in reality we play like a even more toothless version of previous MK Dons teams that we used to love criticising.
If any new incoming players are subject to the same training schedule what is going to change?

And I forgot Maguire, good footballer, flatters to deceive and creates nothing. Ultimate Fancy Dan show pony, I bet he is easy to coach with so much ability and looks great at 5 a side but does he ever practise taking a set piece free kick or corner, it doesn’t appear so.

At least half the teams in every league are pining all their hopes on the transfer window but not many will be improved come January 31st.
A year ago we signed Poole, he has gone downhill this season to the point he is borderline rubbish at the moment.
4 months ago we signed supposed young starlets Fiorini, Sorensen and NLundulu, again see above.
4 months ago we signed a once highly rated winger who had Championship credentials,see above.
4 months we signed a supposed highly sought after Scottish young starlet who is no better than our own 17 year old Sean Rougham who cost us nothing, again see above.
All these cant be bad players, something somewhere has gone very wrong behind the scenes with recruitment, coaching and motivation.
Our much publicised ‘business model’ is under severe threat less than 2 years into the plan.
Our players look as if they only ever play non contact 5 a side keepball football in training and I bet they look good doing it but in reality we play like a even more toothless version of previous MK Dons teams that we used to love criticising.
If any new incoming players are subject to the same training schedule what is going to change?

I suspect it’s confidence and a manager who looks a bit startled that things are not going to plan. He is not a bad manager (I think he is more a coach) but I am wondering that this whole situation is a bit unexpected for him and he is struggling to react.

what we need is to channel all this into a reaction of stuffing Crewe Tuesday. I have a horrible feeling if we don’t it will get worse.

The start of the season was disrupted in more ways than one, not getting the players we wanted, injuries in to key players in pre season, ( which has continued into the regular season) and of course the manager having cancer.
Not of this can of helped.
Just snowballed to this point.

Definitely, and I am sure the recruitment team will be aware of him. The problem will always be the obvious gap in standard and style between professional football and the U23s. Lots of lower division clubs are fishing in the Premier League Development pond, and it is obviously not easy to spot the winners and losers. Anthony Scully took to League One football like a duck to water, but Dan N'Lundulu has not; Conor Coventry looked a good prospect but it is harder to say that about Robbie Gotts; Morgan Rogers oozed class on the ball, but not so Jake Hesketh, and so on. We probably have little idea how effective any of those players is going to be until he puts on a red and white shirt and gets stuck in.

r.e. Dilan Markanday
Came on in one of Spurs European games last season if I remember correctly. Looked decent in his 10-20 mins on the pitch.

EDIT: It was in October this year. Time is going very very slowly it seems so long ago.

Last edited:
Generally agree with the gist. I'm not sure Roughan is better than Robson.

On Maguire, well not Maguire specifically, more of a general comment, I'm not sure any creative player will thrive when you're relying on N'Lundulu or Hakeeb. Or when other options are Bishop and Fiorini playing out wide who aren't even them kinda attacking players. Give Maguire some kind of pace, movement, runs and I think he'll probably find them.

Absolutely spot on.

What doesn't seem to be taken account of with our obviously detailed research and recruitment system in regards to young players like Fiorini, Sorensen and NLundulu is whether that can cope with this division.

They just do not get the time on the ball or the space that they did at Under 23 level or even in training at a Premier club. Fiorini dominated for Scotland U21s recently where he got acres of space and time to be creative. He will never get that at this level, and he physically can't cope. Neither can Sorensen.

Confirmed Griffiths has January recall clause so add goalkeeper to our list of potential incoming needs.

…Our players look as if they only ever play non contact 5 a side keepball football in training…
It’s funny that you should say that, I was thinking almost the exact same thing!
It’s no good coaching players to be the finished Championship article, if they can’t mix it up in the division below.

Confirmed Griffiths has January recall clause so add goalkeeper to our list of potential incoming needs.

I would play Long more then good enough. Metal in The midfield speed in the wings hooper and proper goalscorer upfront and Long will be fine.

I wonder if that’s the plan has he hasn’t left to go back on loan yet