Winter Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 14 | Vital Football

Winter Transfer Rumour Thread

Bridcutt Walsh and Hopper would be enough
Agreed with Bridcutt and Walsh. They would make a difference to where we are too. Good players. Barely ever available but that's different story.
As for Hopper though, I think him and Nlundulu put together are not even a half of the striker that Tyler is. Hopper's work rate is amazing but we need also some skills. We need goalscoring striker.
Also some pace out wide to add service for him would be nice . To be honest forget Johnson and Rogers. Now I would take even Bruno. All day long. Far better than what we've got at the moment.

In hindsight, keeping Anderson would have been the better choice. However at the time and after almost being promoted, it seemed fair. Need grafters.

Agreed with Bridcutt and Walsh. They would make a difference to where we are too. Good players. Barely ever available but that's different story.
As for Hopper though, I think him and Nlundulu put together are not even a half of the striker that Tyler is. Hopper's work rate is amazing but we need also some skills. We need goalscoring striker.
Also some pace out wide to add service for him would be nice . To be honest forget Johnson and Rogers. Now I would take even Bruno. All day long. Far better than what we've got at the moment.

That the same Bruno that can’t get in the Stevenage team?

2 or 3 players to improve the 11 I think would be huge. I know there are rumours about Scully (not sure I totally buy this 1.5m thing) but if in the relatively near future we were putting out something like

Whittaker -- Hopper -- Scully

as a front three I think we could quickly be a vastly improved side?

Hopper's 'amazing workrate' makes the method work, for me he's the biggest miss of those 3 and remains underappreciated by too many.

Now Hopper and Walker....

In the Stacey West Blog, Jez points to lacking a 7,9,11 which is something we are aware of. Added Bridcutt, Walsh, Hopper to the mix. We’ll be ok.

Rumour Spurs looking to loan out Dilan Markanday to a League 1 club.

The 20-year-old became the first footballer of Indian heritage to play for Spurs. The left-footed forward scored four goals in as many games for the U23s last month, including a double in a 3-1 win over Manchester City and an injury-time winner against Manchester United, to earn the Premier League 2 Player of the Month award. Has scored 10 in 10 league matches this season.

Worth a look?

In the Stacey West Blog, Jez points to lacking a 7,9,11 which is something we are aware of. Added Bridcutt, Walsh, Hopper to the mix. We’ll be ok.
Worth a read that by the way on the recruitment process as I recall some people making throwaway comments about scouting by video etc.

The 20-year-old became the first footballer of Indian heritage to play for Spurs. The left-footed forward scored four goals in as many games for the U23s last month, including a double in a 3-1 win over Manchester City and an injury-time winner against Manchester United, to earn the Premier League 2 Player of the Month award. Has scored 10 in 10 league matches this season.

Worth a look?
I would say so.

Worth a look?
Definitely, and I am sure the recruitment team will be aware of him. The problem will always be the obvious gap in standard and style between professional football and the U23s. Lots of lower division clubs are fishing in the Premier League Development pond, and it is obviously not easy to spot the winners and losers. Anthony Scully took to League One football like a duck to water, but Dan N'Lundulu has not; Conor Coventry looked a good prospect but it is harder to say that about Robbie Gotts; Morgan Rogers oozed class on the ball, but not so Jake Hesketh, and so on. We probably have little idea how effective any of those players is going to be until he puts on a red and white shirt and gets stuck in.

Agree but still a bit short when all fit a game changing mid fielder would also help

Last edited:
Definitely, and I am sure the recruitment team will be aware of him. The problem will always be the obvious gap in standard and style between professional football and the U23s. Lots of lower division clubs are fishing in the Premier League Development pond, and it is obviously not easy to spot the winners and losers. Anthony Scully took to League One football like a duck to water, but Dan N'Lundulu has not; Conor Coventry looked a good prospect but it is harder to say that about Robbie Gotts; Morgan Rogers oozed class on the ball, but not so Jake Hesketh, and so on. We probably have little idea how effective any of those players is going to be until he puts on a red and white shirt and gets stuck in.
Well said. Think all will agree with that