Winter Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Winter Transfer Rumour Thread

I think Melbourne, Archibald, Longdon, Roughan will all depart one way or another. Maybe Draper as well. Wouldn't surprise me if Akelakun departed either.

Archibald to be sold is my guess. Roughan also perhaps, the rest I can see going out on loan and not coming back

what is the length of Akelakun contract? Hopefully not too long!

There’s always a chance we can maybe get one or two loaned out if they are struggling for game time or form. I would put Adelakun in both of those camps, it’s just whether all parties concerned can agree to it.

Adelakun is a real mystery. Was one of the best players in L1 with Scunthorpe and earned a move to the Championship. Did well on loan at Hull over the first half of last season until he was recalled early by Bristol City in January where he went straight back into their first team.

He is obviously a far better player than we have seen so far, but will we ever see it?

3 months is not a fair time to properly assess what a player will or won't bring to a team.
Jorge Grant didn't really start to show what he could do straight away. Takes time with some

Yes that’s true, but I honestly haven’t really seen anything that makes me believe he will be that sort of player here, for whatever reason.

Last edited:
3 months is not a fair time to properly assess what a player will or won't bring to a team.
Jorge Grant didn't really start to show what he could do straight away. Takes time with some

probably true but for the wages he is (guess) on he should be good out of the box. I would take flying 'Arry Anderson any day of the week.

I also wonder if Jorge Grant had one decent season? he doesn't seem to be doing that well now - perhaps we can swap our misfit midfielder for the Posh one?

When we played Cambridge the home commentators rated Adelekun as the best player they had seen so far... was only a few weeks into the season but it looked then he might kick on. Maybe still time.

perhaps it a indication of the level Cambridge play at?

probably true but for the wages he is (guess) on he should be good out of the box. I would take flying 'Arry Anderson any day of the week.

I also wonder if Jorge Grant had one decent season? he doesn't seem to be doing that well now - perhaps we can swap our misfit midfielder for the Posh one?
Both Anderson and Grant have a goal and two assists at their respective clubs do far this season, Grant from 15 games and Anderson from 19.

I don’t think there’s much doubt that Adelakun is a very skilful player. He certainly has the ability to surprise defenders - and himself - with some of his skills. The biggest problem with him seems to be that he wants to beat half the opposition on his own and finish up scoring a Worldy. I think MA and the coaching staff need to work very hard on his use of the ball, especially with how and when to bring in his team-mates, who he seems to forget when he’s on one of his dazzling runs and ends up down a blind alley.
For me, the biggest loss has been Tayo Edun. He really is a skilful player who can pick a defence splitting pass and built a wonderful relationship with Jorge Grant. Some of their interplay was pure genius.