Will Grigg's on fire our defence is terrified | Page 6 | Vital Football

Will Grigg's on fire our defence is terrified

The commentary was a couple of seconds in front of the action all thru the game.
Tommy Gore celebrating every goal whilst I was still waiting for the ball to come into the area.

Midweek mine was a full minute in front...I just turned sound off.

Really important win and thoroughly deserved as well!

Leam got the tactics spot on with the high intense press,to unsettle their high risk passing style of play and it forced the errors.All the players carried it out superbly,as we won the ball back well,were mostly clinical in the final third,but also remained in a good shape and were solid defensively.

Thought every single player did well today with all the lads putting in a 7 or 8 rating wise,which resulted in a fantastic team performance.The ever impressive Robinson was brilliant again at left back,even more so against one of the best wide men in the division.Johnstone was great,considering he wasn't in his strongest position and took his goal superbly with a cracking header.

A really positive day today to give everyone a much needed lift, with the encouraging takeover news this morning,our U18's beating Barnsley and then that wonderful performance and big 3 points! It was also nice to be able to relax going into injury time!
UTFT!

Going back to the title of this thread, I can’t remember Grigg having a shot today. Very passive performance from him. Deliberate?

I was pleased to see Dodoo get a goal - he always puts a shift in. Solomon-Otabor looked really pleased for him, which was nice to see.

The commentary was a couple of seconds in front of the action all thru the game.
Tommy Gore celebrating every goal whilst I was still waiting for the ball to come into the area.

This happened to me a couple of weeks back. I stopped the feed and restated and it rights itself.

Did anyone hear George Johnston's interview on his goal "... well actually I shouldn't have been there (in the box) - Gavin Massey told me to get in..." Credit to Gavin Massey.
I'm not aiming at being the President of the Gavin Massey fan club, but he could and should be the most influential player in the team, we've all seen what he is capable of doing when he wants to, (however I accept this is not often enough). He's had experience at higher levels that our younger players can benefit from and I think it maybe an idea to have him as captain. I know it's only been one good game for him but perhaps the extra responsibility might be the making of him and I'm sure he's doing the right thing on the training ground to keep getting picked.

Going back to the title of this thread, I can’t remember Grigg having a shot today. Very passive performance from him. Deliberate?

I said the same when we played Sunderland, Grigg and Power did bugger all that day, they both ended up getting hauled off, yep deliberate for me.

Did anyone hear George Johnston's interview on his goal "... well actually I shouldn't have been there (in the box) - Gavin Massey told me to get in..." Credit to Gavin Massey.

Only because Massey was too bone idle to get in there himself, when the Admins finally pack their bags we could give them a going away present.....Take Massey with em.

I’m not Masseys biggest fan, as I feel he has underperformed for some time and there is plenty more he could give. However it’s a pity we aren’t allowed in the ground, because as a fanbase we’ve plenty of experience of relegation battles and know how pulling together, harmonising with the players despite what’s gone previously, can help. Don’t personally think we’ll stay up, and personally I’m not arsed either way this time around, but I’m certainly missing being involved in that fight as a fan once spring arrives to help us do so.

I wouldn’t be too harsh on Massey. He’s not been fit and we never get the best out of him until he’s had a run of games. The injuries he has had have also taken their toll as it’s clear he’s lost half a yard. His pace was his biggest asset so it is understandable that a player who we know only performs when his confidence is up, is going to struggle. Let’s not forget he also got sheds loads of abuse from us fans earlier in the season when he didn’t have the best of games. But he is experienced at this level and we need to get behind him as he could chip in with a goal or two or a few assists which could keep us up.

Garner ?

Only thing he was good at was fighting with everything in sight, he should have been ditched in the summer and Lang kept.
Garner ?

Only thing he was good at was fighting with everything in sight, he should have been ditched in the summer and Lang kept.
Garner would have been on 15 goals by now and we would have been halfway up the table if he had stayed and played him with Joseph and Lang.