Will Grigg's on fire our defence is terrified | Page 5 | Vital Football

Will Grigg's on fire our defence is terrified

Great result. Get the shots on target and 6 today is much better. Tippy tappy boring Franchise FC getting nowhere with their turgid passing possession game.
Theyll be dancing in the sand t'neet.

Yeah Massey played well, wasn't walking and generally as fatigued today. Hopefully more of that when hes on field, good cross for Langs goal too. Had Johnston best player, at 0-0 he was bossing the midfield, running beyond Lang ect to press and scored the opening goal. Made couple crunching tackles and did a decent job with the ball, looks the best defensive midfield at club on that performance.

Well...a fit of pique , after Tuesday...”I’m not bloody paying out yet again to watch any more of that shyte”

Watched all the dross and all the 5-0 home defeats ....the only other home game I didn’t buy this season was Accrington !

Moral of the story is to send the club a tenner but ffs don’t buy a match pass

That penalty, they hit the woodwork twice, maybe today was a turning point .... both on and off the field.

Maybe but their keeper pulled off two early save that should have been goals from Lang and Massey.
Second half performance up until our second we was struggling and I was expecting at least an equaliser.
Fine margins again.

Maybe but their keeper pulled off two early save that should have been goals from Lang and Massey.
Second half performance up until our second we was struggling and I was expecting at least an equaliser.
Fine margins again.

Don't get me wrong Sid. I'm ecstatic with that result, and the performance too. However, we've been missing gilt edged chances and hitting the woodwork ourselves for ages, but at the other end, we've never seemed to catch a break. (On a plate there for someone to say that Jamie Jones wouldn't have caught it either!, so I'll remove the opportunity).

I think that was a very disciplined performance, and lined up like that, they just need to work out how (in future) to deal with a centre half/sweeper coming up into our half. Darling was given way too much room at times, but he couldn't do much with the ball (other than have a few long shots) as he didn't have too many options open to him.

Also their marking was none existant lots of free balls into the box unmarked, they held a line and for no one were they willing to track a run in behind. Crazy how they've only conceded 47, bar was kind to us twice and the long shot that hit the post moved all over the place. Lucky for us they only hit the target once and didn't pull the trigger on many occasions. Could of been a very high scoring game if we took our chances and they took theirs.

For spells in the game our work rate was superb, it led to positive outcomes and in the end for chance creation we deserved to win today.

Yeah look at Burton they've been averaging 30-40% of the ball and creating less every game since hasselbank rejoined and yet they've won loads. As long as you don't give cheap goals or make silly mistakes every game is winnable.

This league is crap. Like some have said on face book our last team at this level would have won it by now. How and why did we let Lang go out on loan ar the start of this season is
Likewise with Naismith, Roberts and Garner on board we would be pushing for the play offs.

They really do know how to frustrate and irritate me.

It was a decent performance all round but for long periods in both halves we allowed them too much room. Their CB, Darling, was allowed to bring the ball from the keepers roll out to about 25 yards form our goal unchallenged, had it happened once I could have forgiven it but it happened on a number of occasions.

When we pressed they were rattled and coughed up possession leading to us creating chances and bearing down on goal. The first chance we had was due to the press and left Callum Lang in a one on one with the keeper, who did well to spread himself and smother the shot. But it should have been a warning to them, a warning they failed to heed and continued to dice with playing the ball out from the back allowing us to get the upper hand.

Another interception put Viv SO free and his cross was headed in by George Johnston, his first for the club, leaving the keeper rooted.

We seemed to lose the impetus then as we allowed them possession and looked to catch them on the break, however we got a sharp reminder when Darling came forward and rattled the post from 25yds.

For the rest of the half we looked to play too deep and allowed them room to play and cause us some problems. The start of the second half looked to be going the same way until LR changed things around and brought Massey wider and Lang further forward. The change worked and we were back to pressing high with Massey getting the ball wide and crossing for Lang to head home giving us the cushion we needed.

There was no relaxing then and once again MK Dons conspired to cock up their plans and another interception allowed VSO through and his pass left Dodoo with a tap in.

3-0 up and cruising LR took the opportunity to rest one or two players and get some more game time into Proctor, Aasgaard, Clough and Gardner, something he has been unable to do for most of the season.

There were good performances all round from the team but outstanding were Luke Robinson, who gave his winger a torrid time by not allowing him the time or space to get round him or cross, and George Johnston who looked comfortable in the midfield role and added some bite in the tackle whilst adding the first goal to his professional career.

We used to sing " Will Griggs on fire" but today his flame was damped down by a defence and midfield that cut off the fuel supply.

A well deserved win and we are now just one point from safety, again, but do we have to give ourselves ulcers by defending so deep. Please guys more of the same results wise, but can we do it without the stress on us the supporters.

It was a decent performance all round but for long periods in both halves we allowed them too much room. Their CB, Darling, was allowed to bring the ball from the keepers roll out to about 25 yards form our goal unchallenged, had it happened once I could have forgiven it but it happened on a number of occasions.

When we pressed they were rattled and coughed up possession leading to us creating chances and bearing down on goal. The first chance we had was due to the press and left Callum Lang in a one on one with the keeper, who did well to spread himself and smother the shot. But it should have been a warning to them, a warning they failed to heed and continued to dice with playing the ball out from the back allowing us to get the upper hand.

Another interception put Viv SO free and his cross was headed in by George Johnston, his first for the club, leaving the keeper rooted.

We seemed to lose the impetus then as we allowed them possession and looked to catch them on the break, however we got a sharp reminder when Darling came forward and rattled the post from 25yds.

For the rest of the half we looked to play too deep and allowed them room to play and cause us some problems. The start of the second half looked to be going the same way until LR changed things around and brought Massey wider and Lang further forward. The change worked and we were back to pressing high with Massey getting the ball wide and crossing for Lang to head home giving us the cushion we needed.

There was no relaxing then and once again MK Dons conspired to cock up their plans and another interception allowed VSO through and his pass left Dodoo with a tap in.

3-0 up and cruising LR took the opportunity to rest one or two players and get some more game time into Proctor, Aasgaard, Clough and Gardner, something he has been unable to do for most of the season.

There were good performances all round from the team but outstanding were Luke Robinson, who gave his winger a torrid time by not allowing him the time or space to get round him or cross, and George Johnston who looked comfortable in the midfield role and added some bite in the tackle whilst adding the first goal to his professional career.

We used to sing " Will Griggs on fire" but today his flame was damped down by a defence and midfield that cut off the fuel supply.

A well deserved win and we are now just one point from safety, again, but do we have to give ourselves ulcers by defending so deep. Please guys more of the same results wise, but can we do it without the stress on us the supporters.

Nice match report 😉

It’s one win. Need to goon a bit of a run now. Love a point at Plymouth and a win at Wimbledon. Can’t afford to give them 3 points.
This is a huge week for us. Can we build on this excellent result that is the key question. With Evans close to a return and hopefully good news on the takeover front it could give us the boost we need to keep moving upwards

Think it's because its an internet feed, if you're watching SSN for scores, the game will always lag behind real time

The commentary was a couple of seconds in front of the action all thru the game.
Tommy Gore celebrating every goal whilst I was still waiting for the ball to come into the area.