Wilder / West Brom | Vital Football

Wilder / West Brom

Chronic

Vital Football Hero
Seems that they've rejected him :ROFLMAO:

Look set to appoint David Wagner instead.

Firstly, that's great for our promotion prospects. WBA will likely be considerably weaker than they might've been.

Secondly, it's great to see Wilder's entitled, petulant brat routine last season coming back to bite him on the arse.

I think like Eddie Howe he's so bound up with one club. Even though CW had success before, people will be suspicious of giving that much control away, and then seeing how it turned out.

I doubt he’ll lose sleep over it we’ve ensured the bailiffs won’t be knocking anytime soon (deservedly so imo he was worth it) wouldn’t surprise me if he turned up on sky for a while but I expect him to be in a job by Christmas if he wants one that is

Seems that they've rejected him :ROFLMAO:

Look set to appoint David Wagner instead.

Firstly, that's great for our promotion prospects. WBA will likely be considerably weaker than they might've been.

Secondly, it's great to see Wilder's entitled, petulant brat routine last season coming back to bite him on the arse.
You are entitled to your view mate but you know I disagree.
So you think he would have been good for them and pleased he wasn't appointed but you still hate him?

You are entitled to your view mate but you know I disagree.
So you think he would have been good for them and pleased he wasn't appointed but you still hate him?
You can accept someone is good at their job chips but still dislike them you know

Personally i think Wilder would have done a better job than Wagner but Owners/Chairman do not like a mardy arse. I am sure that Chris will look back over his own conduct since the start of this season and have some big regrets but the horse has bolted and he may have to accept a lower offer to rise back up.

Unfortunately Chris Wilders public antics towards the end of his tenure at the Lane have come home to roost. Rumour has it the West Brom Board had him as the top target but were over ruled by the Chinese owner. Reason "because of his strained relationship with the Sheffield United owner". Clearly he didn't want a re run of contract issues if it went pear shaped.

Chris Wilder is a very good manager when its going well and he did a great job getting us back to the EPL The first time he experienced real adversity he crumbled under the pressure of a high profile job. Those advising him have to take some responsibility as his public outbursts eventually sealed his fate.

Watching the excellent Damned United the other night Sam Longston chairman of Derby told Clough the owner is the most important person at a Club. He then listed from the Board and Club secretary down to the fans the next most important and finally said the football manager was at the bottom of the list " because we can always get another fckin one" CW would do well to remember that when he gets another job which I hope he will.

Wagner's a strange choice. His season for Schalke, like Huddersfield, ended miserably with no league wins in 18. The full season he had was split in two, first half Champions League form, second half bottom of the table form - he chopped and changed tactics and formations but couldn't stop the rot and ended up just throwing the kids in. He unbelievably wasn't sacked and the first game of the next season he lost 8-0, he was sacked after he lost his next game.

CW will get a job, not of the stature he wanted, but his behaviour this past year will have put a lot of suitors off. The Sunderland job on paper would be perfect for him, they'd do well to sack that fraud Lee Johnson and give CWAK a go.

Didn't Wagner achieve promotion with Huddersfield and kept them up for a year so he's no mug.
Wilder can afford to pick and choose which jobs he applies for because he is sitting on money he thoroughly deserved. We aren't privy to what decisions WBA are making to appoint a manager relying purely on the media who are just speculating makes a good story though.
Strange that fans thought one of CW's strengths was fighting his corner, that probably only applied when he was winning games of football, nothing more fickle than fans.
I wasn't even in the majority that thought CW could walk on water, but the u turn by posters on here and S2 is totally bizarre.
What's the phrase "there's nothing like a woman scorned"

Strange that fans thought one of CW's strengths was fighting his corner.

Standing up to Klopp and VAR yes. Using his powerful media platform to shame players into leaving and attacking the owner who gave him over a 100 million to spend not so much.

CW is neither the messiah or the naughty boy. He was a man doing a job, he did some things well, he did some things badly. Now he's gone.

Standing up to Klopp and VAR yes. Using his powerful media platform to shame players into leaving and attacking the owner who gave him over a 100 million to spend not so much.

CW is neither the messiah or the naughty boy. He was a man doing a job, he did some things well, he did some things badly. Now he's gone.

It's amazing that so many fans feel the need to continue to insult a manager who gave them some of their best times as blades, appears they can't handle the fact he's gone, I think if you read back some threads on here he was a messiah to a vast number of fans,
I bumped one recently but I was spoilt for choice.

Stop clutching your pearls and subjecting us to your faux 'amazement'.

No one is insulting Wilder, just appraising, good and bad, his tenure with us. I shouldn't need to explain that to an adult.

Stop clutching your pearls and subjecting us to your faux 'amazement'.

No one is insulting Wilder, just appraising, good and bad, his tenure with us. I shouldn't need to explain that to an adult.

Clearly you don't read every post you should try it before offering an opinion.

Wilder - stubborn, egotistical, greedy bastard
No convincing me otherwise.

He clearly engineered his own departure like a real brat.

Nothing can take away the great things he's done for the club but he's an arsehole and leaves on bad terms.

You know what, I'm actually glad he's gone.

His next job will reveal just how good he really is.

An example for you, there is many more, but you get the drift, try providing proof in you posts not just speculation.

Last edited:
Personally i think Wilder would have done a better job than Wagner but Owners/Chairman do not like a mardy arse. I am sure that Chris will look back over his own conduct since the start of this season and have some big regrets but the horse has bolted and he may have to accept a lower offer to rise back up.

I'm not sure he will BFL. He gave a very convincing performance on a number of occaisions of portraying someone who was 100% convinced he was right and everyone else wrong. I also found the way he failed to acknowledge his bullet proof status even if he took us down with nul points and goals as publicly stated by his employer, and his complete lack of humility in being given a vote of confidence totally unprecedented in the history of professional sport appalling.

I'm not sure he will BFL. He gave a very convincing performance on a number of occaisions of portraying someone who was 100% convinced he was right and everyone else wrong. I also found the way he failed to acknowledge his bullet proof status even if he took us down with nul points and goals as publicly stated by his employer, and his complete lack of humility in being given a vote of confidence totally unprecedented in the history of professional sport appalling.

But we don't know becuse he was not given a final response to the fans. Probably a gagging clause but to be fair the Prince had his say then nothing.

I know it was a different level but had a decent track record before he was appointed at SUFC. He had just won promotion with Northampton. Who's to say his 'attitude,' which seems largely on trial here, wasn't already there - might not have established it at the Lane.

But we don't know becuse he was not given a final response to the fans. Probably a gagging clause but to be fair the Prince had his say then nothing.

If anything The Prince said in his interview was slanderous or broke any confidentiality agreement Wilder could and would have taken appropriate action. He hasn't.