Wilder / West Brom | Page 3 | Vital Football

Wilder / West Brom

Celtic have appointed the Aussie Ange Postecoglou, he's had success in his home country and Japan but it's Ronny Deila level of underwhelming. So that's Eddie Howe back in the market competing with Wilder and Lampard for jobs.

Celtic have appointed the Aussie Ange Postecoglou, he's had success in his home country and Japan but it's Ronny Deila level of underwhelming. So that's Eddie Howe back in the market competing with Wilder and Lampard for jobs.

Could Howe end up back at Bournemouth? Again. Wouldn't surprise me.

He departed on friendly terms and I get the impression even before the crap season they had the majority of their fans wanted Howe to stay.

I can see Bournemouth managed by Howe being a much bigger threat to the automatics.

I also think he was burned out and maybe has spent the last year recharging his batteries.

Yeah, good old Chris. Wastes about £80m for the club in transfers, gets us relegated in 20th and still pockets a few million for himself.

Nice work.

May he long prosper, getting fatter, redder and better at golf forever more.

I remember the uproar when CW got three upgrades on his contract, nothing more fickle than fans. Never put CW on pedestal as many did, but appreciated the job he did and whatever payoff he received he deserved every penny, enjoy the sabbatical lad.

I do remember plenty of fans being irritated by his never ending demands for improved salaries actually, although typically they did get shouted down by the bigger Blades.

Chronic I recall a thread where you said United would implode if CW left, don't recall anybody saying anything negative about his pay rises.
Everybody in a job looks to make more money when their stock is at it's highest, football isn't any different.

I found his constant chasing of his next pay rise really quite unsavoury, especially for a supposed big Blade.

Yes, for a long time I didn't like the thought of SUFC without Wilder at all, but then two things happened. Firstly, I started caring less. Secondly, Wilder demonstrated numerous undesirable traits we're better off without, and had taken us to a point where there was little left worth preserving.

The only thing that has changed is that we stopped winning games of football. Blaming VAR, lack of crowds smacks of looking for excuses, in reality the manager and the players reached their level, hence the downward spiral. We have a squad that should mount a promotion challenge, but we will encounter the same problem in Premiership an owner who hasn't got the wherewithal to push on.

We stopped winning games of football because Wilder was increasingly unable or unwilling to rectify his mistakes and make the adjustments required to give us the best chance. His stubbornness among other things devalued his importance to the club and its future massively in my mind.

The squad might have hit their ceiling. Wilder seemed to choose to hit his ceiling.

The mistake the owner made, in hindsight, was trusting the manager too much. But the manager had earned it. So it's harsh to blame the owner there. Where we might be held back with him is lack of funds compared to others in the PL.

That would be very funny.

Won't happen though because Barnsley's whole strategy is using young players, developing them and selling them.

Ismael to WBA would be a poor fit, based on the football he plays. They're not the only club seemingly willing to detach from their on pitch identity with a managerial appointment though. Fulham looking at Steve Cooper. It's like no fans means clubs can just throw it out of the window.......

For Ismael to work at WBA it'll take the players to get on board with his high energy, high workrate, high press ethos - right away I can think of a few WBA players who won't.

Not sure kick and rush will go down well at the Hawthorns either.

For Ismael to work at WBA it'll take the players to get on board with his high energy, high workrate, high press ethos - right away I can think of a few WBA players who won't.

Not sure kick and rush will go down well at the Hawthorns either.
Have they not employed Pulis,Big Sam at the Hawthorns before? UTB