Wilder / West Brom | Page 2 | Vital Football

Wilder / West Brom

If anything The Prince said in his interview was slanderous or broke any confidentiality agreement Wilder could and would have taken appropriate action. He hasn't.
Still think he signed his silence away for the fee. A book will be out at a future date
SBT.

I know it was a different level but had a decent track record before he was appointed at SUFC. He had just won promotion with Northampton. Who's to say his 'attitude,' which seems largely on trial here, wasn't already there - might not have established it at the Lane.

Your right he didn't establish his attitude as you call it at the Lane. It was already there as his exit from Oxford confirms. The words deja vu spring to mind.

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/10963956.ian-lenagan-wilder-quit-oxford-united-manager/

You are entitled to your view mate but you know I disagree.
So you think he would have been good for them and pleased he wasn't appointed but you still hate him?

I think he would have been OK - solid top 6 finish.

It's mainly about Wagner though. To me he looks like a one shot wonder. I saw his Schalke team plenty and they were beyond hopeless, and consistently played well below their ability. It's a very underwhelming appointment for WBA.

The most pleasing aspect isn't WBA not getting Wilder, it's Wilder not getting WBA - a top end Championship job.

He's been hugely rewarded financially for his time with us. Now he can pay the price for his unacceptable conduct (and managerial negligence) in the months leading to his departure.

Your right he didn't establish his attitude as you call it at the Lane. It was already there as his exit from Oxford confirms. The words deja vu spring to mind.

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/10963956.ian-lenagan-wilder-quit-oxford-united-manager/

I'm sure the co-owners were well aware of his attitude and his management success. He also had a rant against the owner at Northampton . Both incidents where well documented at the time and I recall some posters mentioning it.

Back in November 2015 while he was in charge of Northampton Town, Wilder spoke his mind in a post-match interview that will live long in the memory. In an incredible ten minute rant, Wilder pleaded with then-chairman David Cordoza to agree a takeover deal as Northampton faced a winding up order for an unpaid tax bill of £166,000.

Sheffield United fans love Chris Wilder for a whole host of reasons but just one of them is his reputation for telling it how he sees it.

The difference is we stopped winning games of football, and the same bloke walked away with a payout he had earned.

I've seen somewhere on social media that if Scott Parker leaves Fulham for Bournemouth that Our Chris may be on Fulham's wish list but of course like most things in football at this time of year it's folks/media guessing/speculating more often than not.UTB

I've seen somewhere on social media that if Scott Parker leaves Fulham for Bournemouth that Our Chris may be on Fulham's wish list but of course like most things in football at this time of year it's folks/media guessing/speculating more often than not.UTB

Can't see the slightest likelihood of that rod. His brash chest thumping approach is the polar opposite of how Fulham operate. Yes they had Slav who is a strong character but Wilder? Obviously anything can happen but my take is it's closed season and every news outlet is putting out any old bollox to have someting to put out.

Can't see the slightest likelihood of that rod. His brash chest thumping approach is the polar opposite of how Fulham operate. Yes they had Slav who is a strong character but Wilder? Obviously anything can happen but my take is it's closed season and every news outlet is putting out any old bollox to have someting to put out.
Yes i said it's that time of year when folk are guessing in my post mi owd pal.By the way you missed the H in the spelling of something.:giggle: Raumy mentions in his post(11) about Sunderland if they were to sack their boss and if he did get that gig, in my opinion he could do what he did for us BLADES and get them up to Prem in no time but hey ho who knows.UTB

Yes i said it's that time of year when folk are guessing in my post mi owd pal.By the way you missed the H in the spelling of something.:giggle: Raumy mentions in his post(11) about Sunderland if they were to sack their boss and if he did get that gig, in my opinion he could do what he did for us BLADES and get them up to Prem in no time but hey ho who knows.UTB

Sunderland IMO is a good fit for him.
Should be up to the Prem mate.

Fulham just wouldn't be the right fit. The manager isn't allowed enough control. They also have too many foreign fancy dans who try skills, and that. He'd have to clamp down on that so that would take a bit of time to sort out.

Would still expect him to piss the league with them though, such is the strength of their squad.

Talks between West Brom and David Wagner have ended and Wagner will not be the next head coach at the Hawthorns.

Struggling to find a manager or taking extra care to land the right guy.
Maybe they will revisit CW if their board can't set the parameters that Wilder will operate under they shouldn't be in charge of the club, then Wilder can take it or leave it.

Albion’s owner does not invest any money into the club.
Albion’s owner hasn’t attended a match for two-and-a-half years.
And Albion’s owner no longer wants the club as an asset – with Lai happy to sell if he can get an offer close to what he paid.
He never speaks. He is never seen. And he shows very little ambition.
But Albion’s absent owner did step out of the shadows to veto Chris Wilder being appointed as the club’s new manager.
The Express & Star understands the former Sheffield United boss was the overwhelming choice of the club’s board to replace Sam Allardyce in the Baggies hot-seat.

We have had more than our fair share of "strange" owners but this guy wins hands down.

So what could Wilder have possibly done for the owner to come out of self inflicted hiding to dis him? My guess is that it could be his wage demands but who knows? HRH said Wilder was the best payed employee at the club which surely must have put him on a pretty good deal by manager standards outside the top clubs.

Albion’s owner does not invest any money into the club.
Albion’s owner hasn’t attended a match for two-and-a-half years.
And Albion’s owner no longer wants the club as an asset – with Lai happy to sell if he can get an offer close to what he paid.
He never speaks. He is never seen. And he shows very little ambition.
But Albion’s absent owner did step out of the shadows to veto Chris Wilder being appointed as the club’s new manager.
The Express & Star understands the former Sheffield United boss was the overwhelming choice of the club’s board to replace Sam Allardyce in the Baggies hot-seat.

We have had more than our fair share of "strange" owners but this guy wins hands down.
Yet Allardyce was given a good transfer budget last season. He was supported heavily in the JTW.

Yet Allardyce was given a good transfer budget last season. He was supported heavily in the JTW.

The WBA fans say any money spent has been generated by parachute payments and other revenue streams, they have spent 9 out of 11 years in the Premiership. I have no reason to dispute that it's their club and the know what's happening, The guy bought them for 200m, and he wants out, his best chance of getting any money back is if they are in the top division.
All the board and his advisors wanted CW who has success in promotions, he wouldn't sanction it because Wilder has history of questioning owners strange as the WBA fans criticize him consistently, the guy needs to grow a thicker skin IMO.

So what could Wilder have possibly done for the owner to come out of self inflicted hiding to dis him? My guess is that it could be his wage demands but who knows? HRH said Wilder was the best payed employee at the club which surely must have put him on a pretty good deal by manager standards outside the top clubs.

The reason given by the 3 local press ITK and the Athletic is that Lai did not want Chris Wilder because of his strained relationship with the Sheffield United owner. The WBA Board in the UK had decided on CW but were over ruled.

Chinese tend to place respect and loyalty high on their list of requirements. Probably didn't want a contract issue re run if it went pear shaped. Having said that its been reported Lai doesn't want to pay out any compensation, if he can avoid it he will. CW has 3 months left of his pay off. I suspect another contributing factor was having to cover the cost of this and potentially some compensation being sought by SUFC for Alan Knill.

The reason given by the 3 local press ITK and the Athletic is that Lai did not want Chris Wilder because of his strained relationship with the Sheffield United owner. The WBA Board in the UK had decided on CW but were over ruled.

Chinese tend to place respect and loyalty high on their list of requirements. Probably didn't want a contract issue re run if it went pear shaped. Having said that its been reported Lai doesn't want to pay out any compensation, if he can avoid it he will. CW has 3 months left of his pay off. I suspect another contributing factor was having to cover the cost of this and potentially some compensation being sought by SUFC for Alan Knill.
Good shout LST. Although you'd have thought that swapping Robinson for Burke would have eased the tension.

In 2018, many on Albion’s board favoured appointing Dean Smith – who was at Brentford at the time – as the club’s new manager instead of giving the job to Darren Moore on a permanent basis.

Clearly the guy doesn't like taking advice, strange when it affects your investment.