Wilder lost dressing room | Page 2 | Vital Football

Wilder lost dressing room

I’m still 100% convinced Chris and Alan are the team for the job. They worked wonders to get us in the premier league by playing great football There isn’t another management team that could have done the same with the same budget With three free transfers in the starting 11 most weeks. Would be a very grave mistake if we lose them. I would like to thank them here and now for giving me some of the most enjoyable times as a Blade. Many Thanks Chris and Alan👍👍
Agreed. Best manger we have had since Gentleman John imo.
There is nobody out there who could replace him and do a better job especially in the Championship.
Still the cup to play for, you never know

I’m still 100% convinced Chris and Alan are the team for the job. They worked wonders to get us in the premier league by playing great football There isn’t another management team that could have done the same with the same budget With three free transfers in the starting 11 most weeks. Would be a very grave mistake if we lose them. I would like to thank them here and now for giving me some of the most enjoyable times as a Blade. Many Thanks Chris and Alan👍👍
Oh you owd clapper Charlie you.:giggle: I still want our Chris as our leader as well mi owd pal. I wonder who would be the choice for next manager of the anti-Chris brigade.UTMPB

Agreed CJJ although but with some reservations.

They need to analyse what has gone so disastrously wrong with our results and the performances. Our style of play was as entertaining as anything I’ve seen since the days of John Harris and TC but last night‘s performance was more akin to Nigel Adkins‘s time.

The point you make about finding free transfers and good bargain basement signings could be a clue the the problem. Wilder has spent the whole of his managerial career shopping in Aldi with a few grand in his back pocket at best. He, Knill and their back room staff will know so many of the players at sub PL levels, not just their game but their characters as well. All of a sudden he’s shopping in Waitrose with £20m+ to spend and but he doesn’t know where the best buys are anymore and needs advice from others. Did these ‘others’ advise him well?

Also his man-management style which can be cutting in the the extreme at times and might not work so well when he's dealing with a dressing room full of £millionaires? I don’t know, just like everybody else it’s a view and I’m throwing ideas into the mix. Makes me laugh when people try to make out that their personal view is actually a statement of fact to grab the audience so I though I’d better clarify. 😂

Some people get on about what Chris has spent. Chris hasn’t spent it. He doesn’t do any negotiating he just tells the powers that be the players he would like and then it’s in their hands. We can’t compete with most other clubs in that league not just on transfer fees but also wages are a massive factor. What with that and losing two of our top players for the majority of this season it’s no wonder where we are. There’s an old saying that you can only p*@s with the prick you’ve have and I’m afraid we haven’t got as many big pricks as other teams have. 🤭🤭

Some people get on about what Chris has spent. Chris hasn’t spent it. He doesn’t do any negotiating he just tells the powers that be the players he would like and then it’s in their hands. We can’t compete with most other clubs in that league not just on transfer fees but also wages are a massive factor. What with that and losing two of our top players for the majority of this season it’s no wonder where we are. There’s an old saying that you can only p*@s with the prick you’ve have and I’m afraid we haven’t got as many big pricks as other teams have. 🤭🤭
If you watched the transfer deadline thing the other yr you would remember not only does Chris put recommendations forward he also puts valuations on what he thinks the targets are worth it wouldn’t be the first time we’ve lost out cos the price has gone above what Chris thought was a fair price he’s said as much in past interviews too

The very fact that players are 'having a go' says that they are not happy with what CW is doing.

That could just as easily, if not more readily, be interpreted as 'lost it' as well as it being positive criticism.

After all, if he's got it right, why are they criticising in the 1st place?
Or not happy with the way their team mates are playing TT?
The manager picks the team but the players decide if he gets it right.

If I was playing in that team I’d be saying something to certain players on sat night I saw billy chasing down their keeper putting pressure on he was the only player of ours in shot and the keeper had 4 options to pass with ease if you’re goin to play a high press all 10 outfield players need to be with it and that’s been one of the problems this yr too many haven’t bothered so it’s fragmented the side and is easy to play through

Or not happy with the way their team mates are playing TT?
The manager picks the team but the players decide if he gets it right.
As Bully says, they have every right to have a go at each other based on some of what we are seeing.
It would be of no surprise if the men who he's sorganising, berating,cajoling and instruting them had a go at CW because they are the ones crossing the line to work to his instructions which, week after week , are not producing results.

CW prides himself on being 'a football man' but football has moved on since he last played and we view the results of his intransigence from the pics on the tele.
They have to put them into practise and it's not working so he , like all bosses, becomes the target when it's all going wrong.
I'm sure he's seen it before, he's probably done it himself.

It's all conjecture from us but it wouldn't be surprising if the troops are revolting given what we're seeing.

CW prides himself on being 'a football man' but football has moved on since he last played and we view the results of his intransigence from the pics on the tele.
They have to put them into practise and it's not working so he , like all bosses, becomes the target when it's all going wrong.
I'm sure he's seen it before, he's probably done it himself.

Not moved on for us this season from last. But then the injuries havre piled up this season and you can't easily replace the defence, at least with the Prince in charge TT.

Not moved on for us this season from last. But then the injuries havre piled up this season and you can't easily replace the defence, at least with the Prince in charge TT.
Do you think Kev would have spent more then chips ?
and if you’re goin to quote the sell on to ALK then look at what Burnley spent in the JTW under their stewardship !

Do you think Kev would have spent more then chips ?
and if you’re goin to quote the sell on to ALK then look at what Burnley spent in the JTW under their stewardship !
Can't say he would or wouldn't but we have the Prince and I now think that he is not our man. I do think Mr McCabe would have allowed a LCB to be recruited in January if CW had asked.

Can't say he would or wouldn't but we have the Prince and I now think that he is not our man. I do think Mr McCabe would have allowed a LCB to be recruited in January if CW had asked.
Dream on Chips.
Every player would have been on furlough from day one and anyone he could have sold/offloaded/loaned out would have been on their self funded bike.

Of course he wouldn't have had to offload
McB
Brewster
Berge
Mousset
Bogle
Lowe
Ramsdale
Osborn
Verrips
Fotheringham
Robinson
or Rodwell

because they wouldn't have been there in the 1st place.

Dream on Chips.
Every player would have been on furlough from day one and anyone he could have sold/offloaded/loaned out would have been on their self funded bike.

Of course he wouldn't have had to offload
McB
Brewster
Berge
Mousset
Bogle
Lowe
Ramsdale
Osborn
Verrips
Fotheringham
Robinson
or Rodwell

because they wouldn't have been there in the 1st place.

The Prince is in charge now so we will never really know. We both have different
views but you can't call it but then I can't either TT.

The Prince is in charge now so we will never really know. We both have different
views but you can't call it but then I can't either TT.
Correct Chips, the only thing we have to go on is experience, the experience that has seen the prince fund CW with a record 100m plus over a couple of years .............................................................hence the total validity of my post!

no he dunt he tells the board how much of his budget he wants to spend on a player and how much he wants to spend on their wages the amount to go up to the amount he values them at ,the board then go in lower than that amount and try and work to a compromise with in wilders valuation. just like on that video a few seasons ago, when a players agent wanted another 100 grand and wilder said no cause its above his valuation.

im not sure that anyone wants wilder out i certainly dont ,but are peple not allowed to say weather they think hes fucking things up or as fucked things up,or do we just follow blindly and keep our gobs shut . int that a dictatorship . anyway heres to chris wilder and the blades, he,ll bounce back if he learns from his massive mistakes. utb