Wigun v Wikum | Page 8 | Vital Football

Wigun v Wikum

We were in a near identical position in the first half and did just that - a short pass backwards with no one moved into any attacking position. Utterly ludicrous and drives me mad. In fact it culminating in going back to Tickle who was scrambling outside his box to clear it.
that were an under powered lazy pass back by hughes that tickle just managed to cleer right at the edge of the box. clasic fuck around and find out moment

Every option but the main one, everyone watching can see how we should move off the ball yet we don't - can Maloney not see that or does he even instruct them to do so it's either one of those or they just ignore him.
corect.
sed this before an all. theres not enuf movement off the ball or going forward. the number of times the pley stopped in midfeeld as nobody had run past the ball holder into an attaking positeon beggered beleef.
like we saw. it took a long desperate punt to get areselves that last gasp goal and the tactical positeoning sense of cal mac to be were he shuld of been.

As you say SCM, 'everyone watching can see how we should move off the ball'.....without sounding too simplistic, perhaps SM could do with watch a game from higher up in the stands & see how his players are moving / not moving.
At the Wycombe game in the 1st half I sat down low level in ES2, then in the 2nd half watched it in my usual seat alot higher up....the difference in seeing how the game plays out / the movement of players / team positions are huge compared to sitting lower down in the stands....perhaps if SM tried this it might alter his outlook 😉🤔( btw I'm not advocating he comes n sits by us in the East stand , merely up from his dugout 🤣)
corect.
i wuld say its the same principal as having a goaly or defender as captane. they can see the game moving and developing. siting higher up for a few games mite change his outlook on how the game is reely panning out and if his pleyers are actualy doing as he tells them. and not how the owd trout or somebody else sees it panning out.

how are we vulnerable? we've only conceded 2 goals in the last 5 league games.

Maloney has done a great job at making us difficult to score against and beat. The problem is then ensuring we create enough chances to win matches, especially away from home.
Got to say Maloney has done a great job of almost securing our future in this league. Nobody could deny that.
He has also done a fantastic job of reducing the entertainment level to zero and has promoted the most boring football I can ever remember at Latics.
Surely even reducing the boredom factor to that of Caldwell or Richardson would be an improvement.

Betting against your own team…doesn’t sit right with me but it’s your choice of course. I’m not worried about Stevenage, yet another bang average functional team in this piss poor league.
And that's why my bank balance is nice and healthy.

When Paul Cook was given a touchline ban he went up on the TV gantry above the West Stand. Instructions were then relayed to Liam on the touchline, at the time it was some of the better football we played under him.
Can't remember when it was, but do remember under Cook, we started to play some really good football, when we seemed to realise that Kieffer Moore could play rather than just lumping it up to him, wonder if was that time. It was like something had clicked and we went on that really good run, in the main, playing some excellent football