Wigan sporting company | Page 10 | Vital Football

Wigan sporting company

Please explain your reasoning ?
The ownership structure for the minute still has the ground owned by Phoenix2021 which owns the football club. As the take over on the rugby side hasn't happened yet the stadium should still be considered ours, but might not be treated as such.

All I see here is a handful of old men desperately waving their knobs in a contest to see who has the biggest.

It doesnt matter if the left pocket or right pocket of Mr danson's trousers owns the stadium - in fact, as a loss-making area, it would help the finances of both left and right pocket if it were owned by the back pocket. It would also allow the owner of the trousers to pay closer examination to all three pockets to see how he can fix the respective holes that are there.

All I see here is a handful of old men desperately waving their knobs in a contest to see who has the biggest.

It doesnt matter if the left pocket or right pocket of Mr danson's trousers owns the stadium - in fact, as a loss-making area, it would help the finances of both left and right pocket if it were owned by the back pocket. It would also allow the owner of the trousers to pay closer examination to all three pockets to see how he can fix the respective holes that are there.
It does, companies are structured for a reason.

Personally I'd be surprised if the stadium isn't moved away from Phoenix, but if it isn't it's for a good reason.

From your recent posts I presume you are including yourself.
I posted a statistic on last weekends rugby semi final and almost immediately you are comparing a match 18years ago.

Reactions: GSM

As posts go this one's pants.

Danson owns the stadium and both clubs that play at it.

I suspect the stadium will be moved to a separate legal entity / company but it doesn't matter where the stadium sits, both clubs will continue to play in it as they have done for the last 25 odd years. I believe that the stadium was it's own separate company throughout Whelan's reign.

If either club is paying or collecting rent it literally makes no difference as it's Danson's money going round in a big circle and he will be underwriting the cost of both clubs.

Any rent we receive from Rugby as "Wigan Athletic" could be used to balance against FFP though couldn't it ?

Not even sure what the FFP rules are tbh to know whether we ever sail close to it for it to actually make a difference.

I suspect the stadium will be moved to a separate legal entity / company but it doesn't matter where the stadium sits, both clubs will continue to play in it as they have done for the last 25 odd years. I believe that the stadium was it's own separate company throughout Whelan's reign.

If either club is paying or collecting rent it literally makes no difference as it's Danson's money going round in a big circle and he will be underwriting the cost of both clubs.
Exactly this, presume the stadium goes into a separate company (such as Whelco when Dave Whelan was owner), for purely legal reasons and so bills, takings from functions etc can be separated from the business of both clubs. Same reason why there's a separate DW postcode to the different ones for us and Warriors

Thing is its going to cause alot of problems in the future for both clubs
The stadium under danson control and taken away from the football side of things could make it harder for a future sale of the latics
Has there will be no assets apart from players
And if we end up on the same mess has before when danson gets bored or has enough of it
We will be fucked so if we can't fi nd a future buyer not only will it effect us but the rugby would also vanish as they would not beable to keep it going alone
Not a lover of this takeover one bit but we had our backs to the wall and no future
Ffcks we don't have achairman and board has yet at least players are getting paid isuppose and bills paid unlike under jasmi
Just hope in the future we get a buyer who is football mad a d gets rid of this wigan sporting club nonsense once and for all
May never see it happen but can only hope I fear danson only bought us tosave the stadium so to help the warriors have a home

Thing is its going to cause alot of problems in the future for both clubs
The stadium under danson control and taken away from the football side of things could make it harder for a future sale of the latics
Has there will be no assets apart from players
And if we end up on the same mess has before when danson gets bored or has enough of it
We will be fucked so if we can't fi nd a future buyer not only will it effect us but the rugby would also vanish as they would not beable to keep it going alone
Not a lover of this takeover one bit but we had our backs to the wall and no future
Ffcks we don't have achairman and board has yet at least players are getting paid isuppose and bills paid unlike under jasmi
Just hope in the future we get a buyer who is football mad a d gets rid of this wigan sporting club nonsense once and for all
May never see it happen but can only hope I fear danson only bought us tosave the stadium so to help the warriors have a home
Just don't see that, easy option for him would to have done nothing, he's not got to be a billionaire by spending £5m when he doesn't need to spend a penny to achieve his objectives

Just don't see that, easy option for him would to have done nothing, he's not got to be a billionaire by spending £5m when he doesn't need to spend a penny to achieve his objectives
Yea understand your point , but without us and money made from future sale from players plus efl money
It would have cost him a fortune to run everything with out money he can take out of the fooball club ie player future sales a d efl income
This Mon ain't daft danson I just cant see him being has enthusiastic with us

Why have we not yet got a board of directors or even a chairman to run things
Or have I missed something and we have

I rest my case !

Any rent we receive from Rugby as "Wigan Athletic" could be used to balance against FFP though couldn't it ?

Not even sure what the FFP rules are tbh to know whether we ever sail close to it for it to actually make a difference.

Both sides have to work within financial frameworks.

Rugby's is much smaller than ours so they will probably be sailing much closer to it than us.

We can lose 33m on a 3 year rolling basis on FFP i believe. We lost 8m 2 years ago, we probably lost 10-15m last season. So under our new reduced budget we shouldn't be anywhere near hitting FFP.