Wigan sporting company | Page 16 | Vital Football

Wigan sporting company

No matter how much they try they can’t expand.
Yet it still attracts more per game to the DW than the worlds most watched sport. And please dont try to deny it - Horc's Guess the gate post had the average football crowd for the past 10 years or so, and there was only one where football average attendance was about 200 higher.

No matter how much they try they can’t expand.
Only their waistlines. When I go to the rugby I stand out like a sore thumb and it's obvious I'm a Tic in a sea of lard-asses. I can almost hear them musing to one another " look at that slim fucker, must be a Latics fan ".

Seriously though that gives me no pleasure at all saying that seeing so many overweight, unhealthy people with terrible eating habits all congregated together.

So sad really.

We didnt exist or were a non league side while Derby were in the glory years. Since then we've won more trophies and had more promotions compared to them.

So it's no wonder Derby use loads of old photos because they've not had much to celebrate in the past 50 years.

Everyone has history, ours achievements just happened in most of our fans lifetimes which I think is preferable to a huge chunk of your fan base never seeing it. Our last 30 odd years of history is richer than the vast majority of bigger clubs in the same period.
Thanks for doing the work for me KDZ. I was about to post literally like for like as yourself.

Yet it still attracts more per game to the DW than the worlds most watched sport. And please dont try to deny it - Horc's Guess the gate post had the average football crowd for the past 10 years or so, and there was only one where football average attendance was about 200 higher.
It's fair to say Pie Eater - aka Mutty, that rugby league might just shade the battle in Wigan. Worldwide however, I think football wins the war.

I've just looked on the warriors forum for the first time in donkeys years. My god if you think this blokes a bit sad because of what he posts on here you should see him over there. As soon as a post with a negative warriors slant is on here he copies it on to their board. The only reason for that is to stir the shit. Despite all his protestations he really wants both clubs and fans to be at each other's throats.

Warriors were founded about 60 years before Latics existed and have pretty much spent your whole existence in the top tier. You are one of the biggest clubs in the country with generations of fans.

By contrast we've only been a football league side for about 50 years and only spent 9 years in the top tier. We have 4 Premier League giants on our doorstep, and are not even a big club in the region, let alone the country and we had about 1,500 attendance 20 odd years ago.

In the last finished seasons for either club Warriors were in the top tier, challenging for the top of the table while Latics endured a relegation battle and horrendous off-field issue in the second tier. Of course you should have a higher average attendance than us.

When you look at the averages; Warriors had 12,280 and Latics had 12,240 literally 40 more fans on average despite being you being in a higher division, having a much better season, a couple generations of fans head start is nothing really to boast about.

Rugby attendances are absolute bollocks. I'm pretty sure that they calculate them from the number of free tickets given out at Heinz and the local primary schools rather than clicks of the turnstiles.

From a quick google apparently in the 2022 season the 'low attendance' was 9581. The game I went to there can have barely been 6.5k on.

I've just looked on the warriors forum for the first time in donkeys years. My god if you think this blokes a bit sad because of what he posts on here you should see him over there. As soon as a post with a negative warriors slant is on here he copies it on to their board. The only reason for that is to stir the shit. Despite all his protestations he really wants both clubs and fans to be at each other's throats.

I've also seen a link to posts with the same anti-latics stuff on his own football clubs forum.

His presence on here has a hidden agenda.
Stir up the shit between the two clubs.

Latics Honours List: to be Continued!

FA Cup Winners 2013

Promoted to Premiership (Championship Runners Up): 2005

Second Division Champions (Now League 1): 2002/03, 2015/16, 2017/18, 2021/22.

Auto Windscreens Shield Trophy Winners: 1999

Third Division Champions (Now League 2): 1996/97

Freight Rover Trophy Winners: 1985

Promoted Old Third Division (Now League 1): 1981/82

Elected to the Football League: 1978

Northern Premier League Champions: 1970/71, 1974/75

Northern Premier Cup Winners: 1971/72

Northern Premier Shield Winners: 1972/73, 1973/74, 1975/76

Cheshire League Champions: 1933/34, 1934/35, 1935/36, 1964/65

Lancashire Combination Champions: 1947/48, 1950/51, 1952/53, 1953/54
So much in so short a time. Very few clubs can say they have an history like ours. Breathtakingly brilliant.
Thankyou.