Wigan Athletic Vs Aston Villa Sat 12th Jan 3pm | Page 24 | Vital Football

Wigan Athletic Vs Aston Villa Sat 12th Jan 3pm

I know I’m probably late with this observation but, what the hell were those substitutions? I get the whole “playing players in their correct positions” argument but to take off Elphick when Chester and Taylor were having absolute shockers??? And leaving Hourihane on the pitch?

It is all or nothing with us isn't it. Can't even begin to fathom the last two performances.

Barney, Hourihane, Whelan, Lansbury, Jedinak will never put fear into any opposition as they just don't offer enough going forward.

All of those 5 players are on big money. Not one of them has any pace, non of them has much energy, non of them have any creativity, non of them can beat a man. Hourihane offers a goal threat and good set plays. The rest just hard work and Jedinak is good in the air. You need hard working grafters but bar Grealish all we have is hard working grafters in the middle.

Cannot really blame Jedink because he’s not played. Alman spray in all furnace
How many weeks has Jedinak been available to play during the last 3 seasons? He has broad shoulders and can carry some of the burden :tongue:

He is at least Honest. I went last week and it was terrible however in hope i put it down to all the changes for the cup game. Im at a total loss to know where the Wigan performance came from? I hoped we were turning the corner, im now starting to wonder to be honest and its not a good feeling. We have some tickets for Hull and im not really looking forward to it. Time to earn your money Dean.

TBF I don't blame individuals, I think we have generally recruited poorly, not thought through what the players offered, not stuck to a system. I am as hopeful as everyone here that we get our shit together and soon.

I know I’m probably late with this observation but, what the hell were those substitutions? I get the whole “playing players in their correct positions” argument but to take off Elphick when Chester and Taylor were having absolute shockers??? And leaving Hourihane on the pitch?

In the BBC Wm interview with Smith the question was never asked.

Not saying this just cos we got beat.......but

When I saw the team sheet I immediately said to the wife that we would lose today.
I said the same thing when I saw the line up. Bree, Taylor, elphick, bjaneson, el Ghazi, bolasie!!
Chester worries me too . He's a shadow of what he was last season.
Tammy cannot hold the ball up .

Talking to a Wigan fan before the game and they feared a pasting, I said not if we play like we have done since Jack was injured and so it proved.

We are indeed a one-man team, even Super John McGinn couldn't lift us above crap today.

I looked at the team sheet and saw Taylor and Hourihane were starting and no Hause and that was it for me and so that proved as well.

FFS Deano get some legs in the team

Hause showed he's not up to speed when he came on. We can't go second guessing the manager.