Wigan Athletic Vs Aston Villa Sat 12th Jan 3pm | Page 25 | Vital Football

Wigan Athletic Vs Aston Villa Sat 12th Jan 3pm

I just don't get Dean Smith - I honestly don't

I know he needs time, you can really only judge Feb 1st 2020 really but there are problems at the Villa, and , being a Villa fan, with Villa fans as family, I am bloody sure he must have been aware of them before he took over the job.

Every Villa fan knows Hutton has been a wonderful servant, a fantastic pro and a credit to himself, but he is 33 andit has caught up with him. Everyone knows Chester was carried by Terry, and even if he is playing well, is not a leader, everyone knows about Taylor, Elmo, Bolassie, Whelan, Bjarnsson and so on

And....this is the big thing - every Villa fan, or anyone with any knowledge at all of the Villa knows that in the past 2 seasons, wedid not plan for the future, we gambled on the here and now by filling the side with 30 odd year olds on contacts that make them impossible to shift, or loan signings.

Now I know it, you know it, if Dean Smith is a Villa fan - he knows it.

So why the bloody hell is he making the same mistakes that I am pretty sure he was brought to the club to stop happening.

Whether we go up / stay down or even go down - is Hutton going to be here next year, is Whelan, or Bolassie or Elphick, or Taylor, or Elmo, or ...........

So what is the point of playing them ?. It is no point going up, and then having to sign 20 new players because the ones who got us promoted have either gone or retired.

This season should have been about planning for the future, and maybe, if we had fluked the play offs, then brilliant, The cup game especially, but all the games over this period should be to give the likes of O;Hare, Davis, RHM, Green, Clark, Bree (come to in a minute) Lydon (I know he is now injured) a run, and see which ones have a future and which ones don't - but, no, surely knowing all this, Glen Whelan is still brought on at 2-0 down expecting to help us get a goal - huh ?

We may lose, they may be crap, but if 3 of them are crap, and one of them turns out to be our James Maddison or Ryan Sessignon, they may be the one who helps us get promoted next season - you know - like Joe Bennett or Enda Stevens or Jonothan Hogg ! - and maybe those one , two or even three players who do show promise will stop us spunking 70k a week on some never has been no mark come July.

Oh sod it, I am waffling, I am flipping fuming tonight. Dean Smith was not my choice at all, I was slagged off for calling him niaive. However, the thing I did expect Smith to be able to do is sort out the chaff, and give the wheat a chance - he has quickly reverted to discarding the wheat and playing the chaff no matter how bad they are.

Next week I want to see wholesale changes and I mean wholesale.

Oh, Bree - I actually thought he looked extremely promising as a Centre Back - you only have to look at his build to see he is a centre back - name me a brick shit house who plays full back.

So why put him back to full back and then get surprised when someone build like the Incredible Hulk gets skinned by tricky small nippy wingers - its bloody common sense, it aint hard !

Fans need to start voting with their feet, especially the away hardcore
The away hard core will never vote with their feet Silhill, its what they do on a Saturday afternoon.
I can understand the kneejerk reactions on here re Smith, its anger and its something we all feel but I cant believe that even the most fickle fan would really be calling for the managers head.
There are problems at B6 and maybe Smith underestimated them when he took over, but he certainly wont be under any false impressions after this shocker but in reality hes been here five minutes and maybe the fact we have bought no one of note is an indication that the powers that be recognise how poor the squad is and dont want to panic buy in the January window and Smiths instruction were to see this season out and start a rebuild.
Players bought in January usually cost way over the odds in price and wages and our recent experiance of players coming in at this time of year havnt been good.
I didnt want Smith, but give the bloke time, he will get it right.

Glad you've seen enough of them to know , sure haven't and if JDH isn't better than Hourihane or Barney my dicks a bloater , they make Glenn Whelan look like Pirlo

That's my point, we haven't seen enough of them.

I really hope JDH is as good as you say, but what are you basing that on?

I said the same thing when I saw the line up. Bree, Taylor, elphick, bjaneson, el Ghazi, bolasie!!
Chester worries me too . He's a shadow of what he was last season.
Tammy cannot hold the ball up .
I reckon when you have the likes of Bolasie and El-Ghazi playing, it should mean that your star striker should be running onto balls, not holding up play with his back to goal. Anyway, it doesn't seem to matter at the moment as the whole show has completely fallen off the wheels. Not a single shot on target

Quite Big Really.jpg

Had exactly the same problem but the missus brought me some 16oz everlast protectex bag gloves, No need to wrap your hands before as the gel absorbs whatever you throw at the bag And the wrist support is fantastic. I would have a look mate. PS I feel far better for smashing something for last half hour

Always wrap my hands/wrists. But also do have gel gloves (and some gel training wraps). Injury isn't directly from boxing, long story but brain aches and other such issues tend to cause a myriad of shite!

Reactions: OVB
I suppose I should give some credit - at least he didn't bring Hogan on - I mean, even bloody Glen Whelan has more chance of scoring than Hogan !.

I am utterly fuming tonight - I really am.

Taylor and Chester were beyond abysmal today, utterly shocking, and he takes Elphick off - if I was Elphick I honestly think I might have chinned him - what on earth was that about.

Bolassie and El Ghazi continually played when they both swan around as if they don't give a shit, and to be fair, in Bolassies case, why would you - and players like Green (who I still say is the most exciting young player we have had since Tony Daley) is out on loan on Jan 12th.

However, end on positive, well done goalie, if it wasn't for you it would have been 6 today, motm for us, and you look a whole lot better than the last clown. Just keep with it, you may have someone in front of you at some point who can do their job properly !

We were spoilt when Smith showed up, played new fast tempo'ed football with plenty of goals, built our hopes up.... but in typical villa fashion, built up to be knocked down. Every Saturday I get my hopes up, a cheeky bet on villa winning, And then a result like that, makes reality hurt more. When we were shit, we expected a shit show, and then we got it.
I like smiths honesty, but to play the same player in the same tactics and expect a different result is insanity.
When Bolaise was coming on at 70 mins and creating we screamed for him to start... he's not the same. When el Ghazi came on against forest, we screamed for him to start, he has been useless too. It just made me realise how good super Jack is at moving the ball forward and retaining possession.
Smith tactics at Brentford were ball on the ground, ball to feet. There MUST be 11 players at the club that can do that! I know he has to work with what he has but.... surely a professional footballer it's able to pass to someone wearing the same jersey and put the ball in the net!

That's my point, we haven't seen enough of them.

I really hope JDH is as good as you say, but what are you basing that on?

It's that none have been given any time that I find the most disappointing so far tbh.
(and that's not throw them all in at once)
altho we'll train on players for utd,chelsea and now wolves.
We all know pretty much what our senior players deliver - which is not enough.

If all our youth players are not worth any playing time at all then we may as well get rid of them all and close down Bodymoor.

Suppose we can keep trying to polish that turd by shuffling Barney,Whelan & Houri around endlessly

Well, that was more shocking than last week, can't recall a shot target?
My player slatings sorry ratings, no right first time!

Kalinic: 6 thought he was ok made a few good saves but still managed to let 6 goals in 2 games, I think he'll be ok.
Bree: 5 I think he's a better CB than fullback, pulled out of position time after time trying to cover the centre today.
Elphick: 5 Better than Chester today but subbed?
Chester:4 Poor, Deano wants to play from the back, sorry never in a million years with Chezzy
Taylor:3 This bloke is the worst left back since, well the last one, makes Hutton look like Roberto Carlos. We'd be better playing with 10 men.
Barney:3 I'm not sure he did anything at all, and people moan about Whelan.
Hourihane: 3 If he hadn't kicked off and taken a couple of corners and free kicks he'd never have kicked the ball, beyond useless today.
SJM:6 Not so super today but played on his own against 3 Wigan player.
Bo-lazy:3 lived up to my nickname for him today, this Guy cost £25m can you believe it?
Tammy:5 I think I'm being generous with that. As I said couldn't hold up a bank with a 12 bore let alone a football. A premier league player I don't fecking think so!
El Ghazi: 4 Having the hapless Taylor and Hourihane behind you doesn't help but this kid has gone so far off the boil he's cold.
Sub:
Hause Albert and Whelan, Albert put our only 2 decent crosses, I can't think of much else except Whelan gave away a Pen, the game was over even before his cock up.

Smith: 4 No lessons learnt by Deano, we have reverted back to walking football we played under Bruce. High-intensity play requires High-intensity players. Ours can't manage a jog anymore

Seemed to be empty seats in the Villa end, but I couldn't get a ticket.Thousands of empty seats in the Wigan end where I was .An unbelievably poor performance.
And yet, we're not broken in the league.