Wigan 8 Hull 0 | Page 9 | Vital Football

Wigan 8 Hull 0

For me, if there is any money left in the pot someone needs to be brought in to assist Richardson and Rioch. Because it appears to me that the group are bereft of ideas and direction.

Definitely, would love a John Sheridan comical defending interview right about now to make me feel better. Would actually stomach it as the defence this time are "seasoned pros".

I was going to say for the first 20 odd minutes we were again looking like the better team and just as we started to step it up and look threatening, we get caught and once again we find ourselves behind. However I've said that quite a lot this season and getting bored of repeating things. What's worrying is that I think opposition teams have already grasped this and there coaches are telling them to allow us a bit of time on the ball, let us threaten for a bit, soak it up because we are unlikely to benefit from the pressure then as soon as we start to push up the field, catch us out with simple direct long ball football and then it'll be plain sailing for the rest of the match.
Very very worrying!

For me, if there is any money left in the pot someone needs to be brought in to assist Richardson and Rioch. Because it appears to me that the group are bereft of ideas and direction.

The admins found the money to pay Sheridan, there must be someone out there willing to take us on with a bit more nous than them two.

One think Wigan teams have aways done is fight. These lot. Have no fight in them. We all know. We are poor but there is no one one the field. Organising And the same going for the bloke picking the team. Stop being mr nice guy. As for the players. If any one thinks these are putting a shift in. Really knows nothing about football.

Did your parents only ever read you one story as a kid John? ............. or did you grow up listening to the same record time after time after time after time (no, not the one by Cyndi Lauper)?

Some put a shift in, some didn't. Pick players out, and we can all agree or disagree, but when you generalise like this, and while I watched Merrie and Johnston (and Lang when he came on) running their hearts out (yes, yes, yes, to no avail), I'm going to keep on telling you that you're being totally unfair.

One think Wigan teams have aways done is fight. These lot. Have no fight in them. We all know. We are poor but there is no one one the field. Organising And the same going for the bloke picking the team. Stop being mr nice guy. As for the players. If any one thinks these are putting a shift in. Really knows nothing about football.
Spot on John. Most of this shower should hang their heads in shame

This whole league is crap, our squad isn't any worse than half the sides on paper, the manager apparently got all but 1 of the players he wanted in January but we are just usless and getting worse. I've been thinking this for a long time but bit my tongue as I know it's a tough circumstance for the coaching staff but I think a lot of the valid criticism they are due has been lumped onto the players on top of what they earned for themselves.

We are somehow getting the absolute least possible out of what we have. We've seen how teams with minimal skill or budget can be well organised, competitive and difficult to break down through sheer hard work, heart and organisation but most of the time we show none of that. We are rudderless in every department relying on individual skill or luck rather than any cohesion to score or keep goals out.

This is possibly the worst organised side we've ever had. We've had plenty of bad sides but there seems a genuine lack of knowhow in the camp. We know Richards and Rioch aren't managers and are only in position due to the situation but it really is showing how limited they are unfortunately. Tilt was player of the season at this level and he looks accident prone for us, Johnson looked awful for us but for Wimbledon he looked better than anything we have now, Palmer was largely anonymous for us but showed plenty more at Swindon. Is our coaching that bad it's making a hard job impossible? Lang, Viv, Darikwa not to mention Pearce, Joseph would walk into the starting 11 of most sides in this division we should be able to field a competent and competitive side.

I don't think anyone else will come in until the takeover is done but the standard of coaching is simply not there. I dont think anyone is under any illusions that there will be no mistakes and we are blessed with a great set of players but the staggering frequency of soft avoidable goals is the type of thing that doesn't happen unless there is something fundementally wrong. There is no way we should have conceded 5 at home 3 times in the farcical manner we have to a relegation side, a reserve team and a team in rotten form. The decision making (signing 4 centre backs but no new keeper) in recruitment and on field has been as poor as anything from the players.

I'm happy for the players to take the blame for their failings but the coaching staff signed, picks and trains them - they are just as responsible at this point. Administration has been a disaster for us but even with administration we could and should still expect better than what we are getting for a bare minimum standard of performance.

The decisions made before and during the game tonight has moved me from giving them benefit of the doubt, to thinking they don't know any better. Leam's win rate over 55 games in management is 10% lower then Sheridans.

The very least he can do is start fielding 11 committed players who will put a shift in every game. Because thats all it takes to be competitive at this level.

Nail on the head John, there will be more agree with that post than one's that don't.

We must accept relegation and more embarrassments to come. We have nothing and it's not gonna change because Begbys and the poxy EFL are not gonna release us from this nightmare anytime soon. Until a new owner comes in we cannot begin to recover. I feel sorry for everyone on the coaching and playing staff but we are where we are. The slaughter of this club has been fucking brutal and possibly terminal. It could take years and years for us to become competitive again because so much rebuilding is needed.

He'll be disappointed with the two from Wilkes from outside the box. Maybe the defence should have prevented the shots, but when they didn't, they weren't bullets !

To be fair we were talking about how bad he is at long shots 3 years ago in L1. I think he is probably pretty used to letting in those type of goals.

At this point can Evans possibly do any worse? At least Evans might improve with game time, the more we see of Jones the worse we realise he is.

We must accept relegation and more embarrassments to come. We have nothing and it's not gonna change because Begbys and the poxy EFL are not gonna release us from this nightmare anytime soon. Until a new owner comes in we cannot begin to recover. I feel sorry for everyone on the coaching and playing staff but we are where we are. The slaughter of this club has been fucking brutal and possibly terminal. It could take years and years for us to become competitive again because so much rebuilding is needed.

Ever the optimist!

Some of these ‘seniors’ are embarrassing themselves. Administration isn’t an excuse - they came here knowing the situation, and are being paid to a job. Any sane bidder would take one glance at this mess and walk away, whilst the EFL, admins and Supporters Club all remain silent as the fans are left to suffer alone in the dark.

What a disgrace.