Wigan 8 Hull 0 | Page 11 | Vital Football

Wigan 8 Hull 0

Not here to slag Jones off but I think it is time to give Evan's a couple of starts, let's face it at the moment we can hardly say that Jones is keeping us in the game. Even if he is or isn't to blame for a lot of the goals, we certainly aren't saying "Thank God Jones is in net, he pulled off some blinding saves tonight!"

"Richardson also confirmed left-back Luke Robinson was dropped to the bench and forward Thelo Aasgaard left out of the 18 to avoid them suffering burn-out due to the hectic schedule."

I find Richardsons comments astonishing and difficult to understand.
Exactly - right now if they are the best pick, pick them - we need to sweat the assets to the max benefit of the club - if they "burn out"rthen put the next one in. Why are we protecting players for the benefit of other clubs next season - unbelievable and naive of Richardson to say that - also did Kendrick ask an awkward question in response to it - like "really Leam ? - you do realise we are scrapping to stay in L1 with a limited squad not rotating a prem league squad ahead of a champions league game -

The club should complain or at the very least the local paper should run a story to publically shame the EFL. If anyone has the screenshot they should send to Kendrick or Phil Wilkinson who appears to be covering him while he’s off
Kendricks already twigged it - wonder what he'll do with it 🤔

Exactly - right now if they are the best pick, pick them - we need to sweat the assets to the max benefit of the club - if they "burn out"rthen put the next one in. Why are we protecting players for the benefit of other clubs next season - unbelievable and naive of Richardson to say that - also did Kendrick ask an awkward question in response to it - like "really Leam ? - you do realise we are scrapping to stay in L1 with a limited squad not rotating a prem league squad ahead of a champions league game -

"Sweat the assets" ???

Forgive me, but ....................... Fuck me. Some manager of people you must be.

I get what you mean, but some on mate. These blokes see the young lads day in day out, with all the medical stats available to them nowadays. If they think that a rest is required, then as they know a bloody sight more than you and me, with respect, I'll trust their view.

"Sweat the assets" ???

Forgive me, but ....................... Fuck me. Some manager of people you must be.

I get what you mean, but some on mate. These blokes see the young lads day in day out, with all the medical stats available to them nowadays. If they think that a rest is required, then as they know a bloody sight more than you and me, with respect, I'll trust their view.

Going off the number of minutes they have both played and if that is the case then we really are in the shit.

Oh well , as long as the U23's are winning that's alright.
I meant it with reference to playing minutes. I did clearly say that.

However, you're right ........the U23s might need to be the ones to win League 2 for us next season.

I meant it with reference to playing minutes. I did clearly say that.

However, you're right ........the U23s might need to be the ones to win League 2 for us next season.

Based on your response you seem to have changed your view on our chances of survival after tonight's result.
Is this due to the players performance or the Managers ability?

Based on your response you seem to have changed your view on our chances of survival after tonight's result.
Is this due to the players performance or the Managers ability?

I haven't changed my view at all. I think we'll stay up. However, if we don't, then my point re the U23s stands. In fact, we'll need them regardless, but maybe more so if the worse happens.

I haven't changed my view at all. I think we'll stay up. However, if we don't, then my point re the U23s stands. In fact, we'll need them regardless, but maybe more so if the worse happens.

Tonight was a turning point for me and now think it will be a struggle.
First 25mins it looked like we could manage a draw/ sneak a 1-0 win but then mistakes all over and no leadership left a mountain to climb.
As Hindley said early on, we need that spark.

Tonight was a turning point for me and now think it will be a struggle.
First 25mins it looked like we could manage a draw/ sneak a 1-0 win but then mistakes all over and no leadership left a mountain to climb.
As Hindley said early on, we need that spark.
Can't disagree with any of that Sid, but given it's still February, and given we all know what a win would do, I can't honestly write them off right now, regardless of how absolutely shite that was from some of the players........... and to be fair, the management team.

Clean slate on saturday for me.

These 0-5 at Home are becoming the normal,
i know we are makeshift outfit, the team must be demoralized being hammered at home again.

If the fans were allowed back into the Stadium, i couldn't see more than
2-3k paying to watch these games, it's not being pessimistic, it's just the
reality we are in at present.

The 'glint of hope' is that we are just a few points behind a few teams
above us, if we can hang on to their coat tails, we may have a chance of avoiding relegation.

Moonay is not wrong, this team can stay up i have no doubt about that. But we cannot continue rolling over against teams who're not performing. As crap as Swindon are they lost 1-0 to hull recently and terrible Burton beat them 1-0. They have more fight in them then we do. Hull scored 1 in their past 5 and then put 5 past us, wimbledon scored 2 in 5 and then put 3 past us.

We play with too many players that don't cover distance, it really doesn't matter about that players ability anymore. If they do not contribute without the ball they shouldn't be involved. Quality is really lacking in this league, some of the teams near the top don't have players with much league 1 experience but they're work rate is excellent.

If we don't create chances with lazy players with some ability, whats the point in playing them in the first place.

Seems like by the virtue of an early kick off & being in work I've managed to swerve watching us get a spanking from Hull n as someone else said at least we won on aggregate ☹.....can't comment too much as I've only seen glimpses of the goals, but some do look horrendous...gotta feel for JJ as he seems to be in the firing line yet again....perhaps LR may bench him for next few games but wtf do I know, I don't even play fifa on PlayStation so what do I know 🤔. IMO next up Luton is prob written off by all & sundry so maybe, just maybe we might pull off a coupon buster.

Its a bloody good job the fans aren't allowed in at the moment, there would be some stick dished out, and well deserved.

The players and management team are getting off lightly.

We need to remember these times and remember the feelings. At some point we won't be as shit as we are right now and those better times (hopefully) will be set against what we are experiencing now. Things will be so much sweeter for our current plight.

It has happened before and whilst we may never reach the dizzy heights we did in the past, there is hope as long as the club survives.

Some of our fans have only ever experienced the good bits, and whilst we all hoped we could carry on being successful for many a year, it was never really feasible.

Remember the bad and you will enjoy the good so much more when this great club of ours rises again. Who knows, we may even make the play offs again one day.

One thing is for sure, being a Wigan fan is NEVER boring (or easy for that matter!).

Its a bloody good job the fans aren't allowed in at the moment, there would be some stick dished out, and well deserved.

The players and management team are getting off lightly.

I dont think the players would capitulate as easily if there was fans in the ground.

We've seen it across all divisions including many Premier League teams such as Liverpool, Southampton.
Playing with no fans is not a real situation.