Wigan 8 Hull 0 | Page 4 | Vital Football

Wigan 8 Hull 0

If you divert your gaze away from scrutinising the keeper for a second you may notice they are all shite. Try it.
They are shite no doubt about it, but the other team contributes to that, they don't contribute to the incompetence of the goalkeeper, when your last line of defence is as bad as Jones is we have what we all can see, we have tried to do something and changed outfield players, are our managers blind when it comes to Jones.

John, you've been watching long enough to know to differentiate between graft and skill.

They may well be shite, they may make mistakes, but most of them are trying a best they can.

Granted, tonight, there may be one or two exceptions.
I don’t think they are tbh

We did well there coming out only 2-0 down.

Turn around in second half.

One major question. Why can professional footballers not control a pass when it comes to them. About 80% of our players let the ball rebound about 2 feet thus giving the oposition time to either get a foot in or take possession altogether.

How many of these players give a toss which league we are in next season? Not many I would guess. This shite is so hard to watch. We deserve better. Team selection tonight is dodgy as well.

John, you've been watching long enough to know to differentiate between graft and skill.

They may well be shite, they may make mistakes, but most of them are trying a best they can.

We can’t afford for “most” of them to be trying we need ALL of them busting a gut

The goals we concede are laughable, teams don't have to try to score goals. Both goals tonight so easy and the 2nd Oxford score was just dreadful all round. Don't think Wooton should be anywhere near the team, Whelan all day.

There are far too many problems all over the pitch. These home games in particular are like Groundhog Day ....whatever faults we showed with a team made up of the younger players, the acquisition of these past their best/not match fit/ journeymen has actually made us worse.
Don’t want to single out 2 or 3 players because there are too many who just aren’t up to it. Under the circumstances I suppose we could not have attracted or afforded any better .. but it’s really hard to take.

I don’t think they are tbh
As I say Formby, tonight some heads seem to have gone down very quickly.

It's the insinuation that all are the same that gets me.

Some are definitely pulling their tripe out. Whether or not that's good enough us another matter all together.

I hope the Bahrainis have some coin, because they are going to need it rebuilding this team.

Believe it or not its not easy to build a team with no money in the middle of a season when you can't even offer a contract beyond the end of 6 months. I'm not convinced this side would be above half way in League Two.

Bollocks, as always the vast majority have given up the moment the opposition scored. Trying their best my arse.

Scott Wooton might genuinely be the worst centre half I’ve even seen grace the club and we’ve had some bad ones. Dan Gardner, you can see why he couldn’t pay a club to sign him in the summer. I’m embarrassed that a number of these lot can call themselves Wigan Athletic players.

And folk on here want me to donate my hard earned cash for a banner thanking them for getting paid to play for us. The biggest and best club most of them will ever play for. Piss off!

As I say Formby, tonight some heads seem to have gone down very quickly.

It's the insinuation that all are the same that gets me.

Some are definitely pulling their tripe out. Whether or not that's good enough us another matter all together.
Not enough of them unfortunately. Keane, Gardner and Wootton shouldn’t be on the pitch. We can’t pass the ball forward and seem to have no idea where the goal is. We can do better and I am frustrated that we make things so easy for our opponents.