Who is the *least* skilful player you have ever seen play for the Imps? | Page 3 | Vital Football

Who is the *least* skilful player you have ever seen play for the Imps?

Seem to remember him scoring a screamer very late on to win a game. Maybe v Northampton?

Steve Brown - yes, it was at the end of November after John Beck had taken over from Steve Wicks. It was the first home win of the season which was why we got so excited about it.

After leaving City he had a brief spell with Macclesfield before a couple of seasons with Dover.

Who was the midfielder that came to us a few years back? Think they made him captain. He was absolute dog-shit, blamed everyone else everytime we got beaten (quite often at the time), and buggered off to somewhere like Boston after a few months. Gary Mills?

I can give you two and they both played in the same match that somehow we conspired to win away at Bradford!

Patrick Kanyuka and Gavin McCallum!

Asamoah was actually quite skillful IIRC. It's just that his skills weren't suited to doing anything productive. If you needed someone to go on a run in a big circle he was your man.

Anyone remember Lee Hirst who we had on loan for a bit in the early 90s? I remember him as being particularly awful.

Asamoah was actually quite skillful IIRC. It's just that his skills weren't suited to doing anything productive. If you needed someone to go on a run in a big circle he was your man.

Anyone remember Lee Hirst who we had on loan for a bit in the early 90s? I remember him as being particularly awful.

Yep Asomoah was skillful but no real quality in front of goal. The same goes for Franny Green in the same team. If one of those two were clear though on goal you'd normally fancy the keeper to save it.

I've been watching us for 50 years and without shadow of a doubt, Paul Robson is the worst 'footballer' I have ever seen pull on the red & white jersey.

Khanu Smith

I remember he wore brightly coloured boots away at Northwich that only served to highlight every miss-control and wayward pass. Every Northwich player and most of the crowd were better than him..

He still makes me seethe today.

After him comes Josh O'Keefe, if for nothing else, his clown shoes feet. They pointed out at 45 degrees and I was always worried he would uproot the corner flags if he tried to turn around. Luckily I think he could only run up and down and turning was a step too far for him.

Who was the midfielder that came to us a few years back? Think they made him captain. He was absolute dog-shit, blamed everyone else everytime we got beaten (quite often at the time), and buggered off to somewhere like Boston after a few months. Gary Mills?

Hi plumbob
Was it Pulis the son of the ex-Stoke City manager Tony Pulis

For me, I go back to the early/mid sixties. the robotic right winger Geoffrey Anderson who I believe we signed from Meansfield. Never saw him put a cross or corner in that didnt result in a goalkick.

Nah, googlised him, definitely Mills. Wiki says he didn't even make the team at Boston after leaving us. A contender for my worst Imps 11.

Never liked Mills Every situation was someone else fault or at least that’s the way it came across. He did his cruciate in front of me and it looked very painful, so I did feel sorry for him in that moment, but to be honest he came across as a poor player and had a dreadful attitude.

Ben Dixon, Josh O'Keefe, Devon White, Tony Battersby, and although I tried to support him because I felt sorry for him with all the shit and abuse he used to get I give you...Jason Lee.