Who is the *least* skilful player you have ever seen play for the Imps? | Vital Football

Who is the *least* skilful player you have ever seen play for the Imps?

NottyImp

Vital Football Legend
So many to choose from!

I think I'm going to go for Paul Robson. A man who needed three touches and an absolute age to have any chance of controlling the ball. A truly lamentable footballer.

Josh o’ Keefe , I remember when we were playing Grimsby in the county cup and were 2-1 up, him coming on, off the bench and I said to my lad he can turn a game around, unfortunately for the opposition. He completely disappeared from the midfield and we lost 3-2. One of many terrible performances I recall.

What was the name of the chap that played one game I think at right back against Rotherham when we lost 4-0 Patrick Kanuye ? Luckily he got sent off in the end or it might of been six or seven .

With his prolific scoring record (elsewhere) and thus clearly in the running for 'most skilful' thread, I feel there is someone better qualified than me to answer the question about 'least skilful' ie. former regular contributor to Vitals - Leo Fortune West

Take Ainsworth out of Becks side and you had 10 who could hardly trap a bag of cement. But I would prefer them lot over a lot of other players that have disgraced the shirt over the years.

What was the name of the chap that played one game I think at right back against Rotherham when we lost 4-0 Patrick Kanuye ? Luckily he got sent off in the end or it might of been six or seven .
Pretty sure he had a "run out" at Valley Parade as well. Absolutely shocking.

Aristide Bassele. Anyone remember him from 2010/11? Came on loan from Bournemouth, a winger. Came off the bench for a couple of minutes and then started the next game, at home to Woking. He was that bad that he was hauled off at half-time, never to play for us again. He was shockingly awful.

Tommy Tynan, scored a bucket full for everybody else, thought he was a great signing, turned out to be crap for us. At the time he was a record fee signing of £33,000 off loaded to Newport at a big loss four months later.

Last edited: