Where will we finish the season? March 2018 Poll | Vital Football

Where will we finish the season? March 2018 Poll

D

Departed

So....here we go. The final 8 games and a couple of weeks to think about them....not Sure when we play Newcastle.

We are averaging just over 2 points a game which means we should end up with at least 77 points. Personally I think, given our typical run in form, we will hit 80. Coincidence? I think NOT.

I love the fact that you've excluded the 5th place AND keep the 1th place as possible choices in the pole :14:

Mourinho just want to stay ahead of the bin dippers.
****ty will probably already have won the PL when we play them, so our key game will be against Chelski. If we win that game I think 2nd place will be ours :7:

Manure v ****ty game probably decisive , which means I'm going for 2nd . The other factor in that is that we are out of CL and others ain't . We are the 2nd best team in the PL this season

It would have been nice to progress in the CL a little further but winning it was a big ask and probably beyond us. We can now concentrate on top 4 and the FA cup which is not beyond us.

I voted 3rd but out of interest who’s going to own up to us only winning a handful of games at Wembley this season?
I can’t say I was confident either, but to do as well as we have after last seasons CL exploits, it’s a credit to the team and coaching staff!

I believe Poch felt WHL pitch was too tight to play to his philosophy, so let’s hope this carries on into the (insert name) Stadium!

Real Deal - 14/3/2018 07:53

That was Scotty....

Grass :3:

Although I didn't say it , I was very apprehensive about playing at Wembley . Being a football supporter ,these hoodoo things tend take on a life of their own . I've still got my own superstitious stupid routines I must use before I watch , and during the games . If we don't do well ,I try to analyse what I did wrong ,or did differently . 'Kin stupid or what , ?
Could have done with M U staying in CL last night . Never mind . COYS

We have learned to play on pitch very similar in size to our new home. A very useful achievement.

80deg16minW - 14/3/2018 10:25

We have learned to play on pitch very similar in size to our new home. A very useful achievement.

Agreed. A very good ‘acclimatising’ season if you ask me!

Walthamstow wanderer - 14/3/2018 08:30

That was Scotty....

Although I didn't say it , I was very apprehensive about playing at Wembley . Being a football supporter ,these hoodoo things tend take on a life of their own . I've still got my own superstitious stupid routines I must use before I watch , and during the games . If we don't do well ,I try to analyse what I did wrong ,or did differently . 'Kin stupid or what , ?

Most were apprehensive... which is understandable - there's no 2 ways, after what a fantastic last season we had at WHL there was no way Wembley would deliver quite the same return.

Scotty however said that we wouldn't win more than 3 matches all season - so I called him on it. Some others agreed with him IIRC. I'm sure they're delighted to be wrong, but it shows the sort of pessimism that crops up from our own supporters in a time when people should be optimistic IMO. When you look at some of the dross in the league, to think our talented bunch would fail to beat more than 3 teams all season on any pitch beggars belief.

Bring on the new stadium and hopefully there won't be any teething issues.

freundorfoe - 15/3/2018 03:01

Walthamstow wanderer - 14/3/2018 08:30

That was Scotty....

Most were apprehensive... which is understandable - there's no 2 ways, after what a fantastic last season we had at WHL there was no way Wembley would deliver quite the same return.

Scotty however said that we wouldn't win more than 3 matches all season - so I called him on it. Some others agreed with him IIRC. I'm sure they're delighted to be wrong, but it shows the sort of pessimism that crops up from our own supporters in a time when people should be optimistic IMO. When you look at some of the dross in the league, to think our talented bunch would fail to beat more than 3 teams all season on any pitch beggars belief.

Bring on the new stadium and hopefully there won't be any teething issues.
In a perfect world you would like to think we would have a few pre season friendliest in the new stadium . I think that is out of the window now . It will be as strange to us as to our opponents when we eventually play there

We will kick arse in our new stadium. It will be ours. It will be new. And the players will be on a massive high and determined to make a great start in their new home. As will Pochettino.

Hope you're right 80. I'm confident the atmosphere will be excellent and as you say we're well suited to the pitch dimensions now

My feeling Is that we will do well. It doesn’t seem that we do much less in terms of matches won if we lose Kane to injury, which shows our quality under Pochettino.

When we falter, we seem to recover. Our trend always seems to be upwards, albeit gently upwards. I like positive trends rather than barnstorming upward thrusts. Second is a possibility for me, just. It depends more on whether the others relinquish their points.