Where will we finish the season? March 2018 Poll | Page 2 | Vital Football

Where will we finish the season? March 2018 Poll

I actually believe we can keep Chavs at bay and finish 4th, which would be epic.

Would love to overtake the Piss, and with Kane fit, we could and probably would.

The run to the flag will be without our record scorer for most of the matches I think, so everyone will need to lift.

So, c'mon Poch, show us what your made of. :7:

Beating Chelski is out most important game IMO, even bigger than the FA cup game. We simply must have CL football next season.

We need CL next season but we need to win the FA Cup this season. 4th and the FA Cup is a must for the progression of the club.

USAFSPURS - 20/3/2018 19:48

5th would be an epic collapse

Not sure about an epic collapse, lose to the chavs away ( as usual ) and then lose to citeh and 5th place has become reality.
And I still think losing Harry is going to prove to be a huge blow :23:

Topspur1 - 20/3/2018 23:54

Beating Chelski is out most important game IMO, even bigger than the FA cup game. We simply must have CL football next season.

Lol it's not even close. If someone said we would lose our last 8 league games and win our next 2 FA Cup games I'd take it in a heart beat.

It would be our best season in my lifetime, that's for sure.

^ We are no longer a mid table cup team. And I don't think to win a cup and beat Chelsea should be out of our reach....it is very possible.

ScottDaYid - 21/3/2018 11:36

Lol it's not even close. If someone said we would lose our last 8 league games and win our next 2 FA Cup games I'd take it in a heart beat.

I can't agree with that Scott, moving into our new stadium without CL football would be a major set back IMO. Losing £40 to £50m in revenue would hamper our ability to hang on to our best players, we all agree we need to up the salaries of our best players. Without CL football we would also struggle to attract the better players, for me choosing FA cup over CL is a short term success at the expenseof our long term goals.

Topspur1 - 21/3/2018 16:33

ScottDaYid - 21/3/2018 11:36

I can't agree with that Scott, moving into our new stadium without CL football would be a major set back IMO. Losing £40 to £50m in revenue would hamper our ability to hang on to our best players, we all agree we need to up the salaries of our best players. Without CL football we would also struggle to attract the better players, for me choosing FA cup over CL is a short term success at the expenseof our long term goals.

I tend to agree with this. Our new stadium wasn't built for Thurs night football folks!

Am I reading right.....each place in the top 4 only rewards 2 million quid. So 4th 40 mil, 3rd 42 mil, second 44 mil and champions 46 mil. Hardly worth bothering about financially. Just get into top 4 ?

I think this article covers it well Nick:

https://www.totalsportek.com/money/premier-league-prize-money/

The big bonus payments come from the facility/media fees and of course the champions league fees..

Predicted total payments:

Man city = £156 mill
Man United = £159 (yes, more!)
Liverpool £149.7
Tottenham £147.7
Chavs £148.3 (more than us because of facility payments)
Arsenal £146.4
Burnley £84.4

The big drop to Burnley finishing in 7th shows how much the facility payments (i.e. matches shown on TV) makes such a difference.

Sorry missed the 1 off the 40 , 42 , 44 and 46. I am looking purely at prize money, not any facility stuff. Is the incentive of 2 mil per place enough ?

Nick Real Deal - 2/4/2018 15:00

Sorry missed the 1 off the 40 , 42 , 44 and 46. I am looking purely at prize money, not any facility stuff. Is the incentive of 2 mil per place enough ?

Yes. But it is less of a differentiator now that almost all games are televised.

Once 4th is pretty much guaranteed like it is for us now and the reward is the same as 3rd and 2nd ie CL . What is the point of busting your bollox to get an extra 4 mil for two places ?

Nick Real Deal - 2/4/2018 16:30

Once 4th is pretty much guaranteed like it is for us now and the reward is the same as 3rd and 2nd ie CL . What is the point of busting your bollox to get an extra 4 mil for two places ?

Now Chelsea are out of the CL we are safe if we finish 4th no matter what Arsenal do.

4 million? That goes directly to the bottom line. That's £77,000.00 per week if you're thinking about salaries. Even at 60% of that it's £46,000 per week.

You are now a supporter of the 'Big 6' (ManC, Manure, Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal) proposal last year to change the payments formula so that they/we would get more of the money...

Of course the rest of the PL Chairman / Owners voted it down.

Our bonus structure means that for the players pool around 50% of anything above 7th goes straight into that pay-out to them; so overall the merit payments finishing pool can be uplifted by as much a further £10- 18mill (as facility payments are also placed into the pool) to be shared by the first team squad alone - and even then it's loaded again towards those who've made the greater number of starting appearances - so that extra place finish money incrementally divided by around 15-18 players means that the per head bonus for each player can be somewhere between £400k to £1.5 mill.

So anything above a 7th place finish can add a tasty sum - and that's 'just' the bonus pool for the Premier league payments, add in the Champions league progress payments and media fees and that pool can easily double.

Of course the domestic pool money is much smaller and almost not of consequence, but every penny helps....

Spursex - 2/4/2018 17:40

You are now a supporter of the 'Big 6' (ManC, Manure, Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal) proposal last year to change the payments formula so that they/we would get more of the money...

Of course the rest of the PL Chairman / Owners voted it down.

Our bonus structure means that for the players pool around 50% of anything above 7th goes straight into that pay-out to them; so overall the merit payments finishing pool can be uplifted by as much a further £10- 18mill (as facility payments are also placed into the pool) to be shared by the first team squad alone - and even then it's loaded again towards those who've made the greater number of starting appearances - so that extra place finish money incrementally divided by around 15-18 players means that the per head bonus for each player can be somewhere between £400k to £1.5 mill.

So anything above a 7th place finish can add a tasty sum - and that's 'just' the bonus pool for the Premier league payments, add in the Champions league progress payments and media fees and that pool can easily double.

Of course the domestic pool money is much smaller and almost not of consequence, but every penny helps....

So how much of a 2 mil increment for one place better goes to the club's bank account ?