Where will we finish the season? March 2018 Poll | Page 3 | Vital Football

Where will we finish the season? March 2018 Poll

Am I also reading right that the current bottom 3 will receive around 100 million parachute payments each over 3 years for being crap this season ?

Two more wins and arsenal can’t catch us. 3 more and we are out of reach of Chelsea.

Not particularly worried about either happening but it’s always good to prepare oneself to go into full on gloating mode.

THFC
mc. ...................... ....draw
Brighton......................win
Watford.......................win
WBA ..........................win
Newcastle .................win
Leics..........................win.....................16 points = 83

Mu
WBA ........................win
Bournemouth...........win
Arse........................draw
Brighton..................win
Wet sham ...............draw
Watford ..................draw......................12points= 83

Bindippers

Bournemouth ........win
Wba.........................win
Stoke......................draw
Chelsea...................draw
Brighton..................win............11 points = 78

Goal difference in my honest opinions, for second
Brighton ,bizzarely have a big say in this

Last edited:
United beating City REALLY hurt our chances for second. I think it is a battle for 3rd now. We have a game in hand over Pool so I think this will be a race to finish now. Really going to be close!!

Now that our place in the top 4 is all but cemented, please @80deg16minW bump the pre-season prediction thread, should be hilarious.

The last Sunday fixtures of the season is starting to look very boring .
MC will be champions by then .
CL positions will have been guaranteed by then .
Relegation positions will all have been sorted , unless something spectacular happens, by then . West brom , Stoke and Palace/Solon going down
Unless somebody comes up with something to upset the apple cart.

Promotion into PL is going to be more interesting

If we finish fourth and Arsenal win the Europa League, we still get CL now right? It's only if, say, Chelsea had won the CL and Arsenal won the EL whilst both finishing outside the top 4, that would cause fourth place to drop down to Europa?

If we finish fourth and Arsenal win the Europa League, we still get CL now right? It's only if, say, Chelsea had won the CL and Arsenal won the EL whilst both finishing outside the top 4, that would cause fourth place to drop down to Europa?

Correct. As long as we are in the top 4 we are safe now Chelsea is out of the CL. If they had both won, the 4th place team would have been pushed out if neither Arsenal or Chelsea were in the top 4 already. 5 teams max from the PL in the CL.

Now apparently this is changing again next year. I haven't bothered looking at the changes because they aren't relevant yet.

United are pretty average. I'm annoyed they are still above us. We have a better first 11 and easily as good sub options.

Correct. As long as we are in the top 4 we are safe now Chelsea is out of the CL. If they had both won, the 4th place team would have been pushed out if neither Arsenal or Chelsea were in the top 4 already. 5 teams max from the PL in the CL.

Now apparently this is changing again next year. I haven't bothered looking at the changes because they aren't relevant yet.

Thats a relief then. I dont think I could stomach another heartbreak like when Chelsea won the CL and we finished 4th. I wonder why they are changing it again. The current rules feel like the best way.

Thats a relief then. I dont think I could stomach another heartbreak like when Chelsea won the CL and we finished 4th. I wonder why they are changing it again. The current rules feel like the best way.

I may be mistaken but they could be changing it so the winners are additional teams and don't affect the top 4, in the case of the PL anyway. Then again, I may be very wrong.

2 wins and we are third. The upside of Chelsea winning is we can easily catch Liverpool. Finish 3rd and nothing else matters.

With 2 home games 3rd anything else and were bottlers

But we are bottlers lol even if we win our next 2 games we will still have that crown. We were 10 points clear of Chelsea a few weeks ago. If we do hold on to 4th we really don't have much to shout about. 4th has been wrapped up for ages IMO. The fact we've let it come down to this confirms our bottle job title lol

But we are bottlers lol even if we win our next 2 games we will still have that crown. We were 10 points clear of Chelsea a few weeks ago. If we do hold on to 4th we really don't have much to shout about. 4th has been wrapped up for ages IMO. The fact we've let it come down to this confirms our bottle job title lol

This post has to be the worst you've ever come up with.

BTW, if we finish 2nd Pollo is going to owe me beers.

This post has to be the worst you've ever come up with.

BTW, if we finish 2nd Pollo is going to owe me beers.

But it's true, top 4 was done over a month ago. Hence why I couldn't really get that excited about us falling over the line in the end (and the players lack of celebrations after yesterday's match)

Not going to lie we've done a lot better in the league that I thought we would and I'm over the moon we are back in the CL but targets change throughout the season and in the end it hasn't been a successful season. I'd be far more happy with the FA Cup and finishing outside the top 4, even winning the League Cup!!