Where to start ? | Page 4 | Vital Football

Where to start ?

As with everyone else I do agree the exclusion of evans is a head scratcher. I'm not his biggest fan as many on here are, but he's a better option than Gibson. Even more puzzling is Connolly replacing Gibson not evans. Throw in the reluctance to use macmanaman when the game is crying out for his type of player then it does raise questions about what is going on behind the scenes and through Cooks head. Perhaps macca is on lucrative appearance bonuses?

McManaman has been brought in to satisfy the one player trained from the club rule. However I don't think Cook expected him to be quite as good as he has been. There might be something in the appearance fee aspect, as he's had a run of injuries since leaving us. As I see it, Evans and Macca want to be on the front foot so to speak, hence why I'd like to see them play.

Evans like Morsy was very effective in League 1, but he's not made the step up to the Championship either. I'm not sure why we went for him a second time.

Think Cook is just going super negative with everything - Macca and Evans give us more attacking options and arent as physical as the alternatives which is exactly what Cook doesnt want right now. He wants to have the midfield behind the ball at all times, lump it forward and battle for knock downs - Those 2 players don't fit this new ugly blueprint.

It feels we've lost all intetest in playing passing attacking football and it doesnt help Cooks got underserved favourites.

Think Cook is just going super negative with everything - Macca and Evans give us more attacking options and arent as physical as the alternatives which is exactly what Cook doesnt want right now.

It feels we've lost all intetest in playing passing attacking football and it doesnt help Cooks got underserved favourites.

The irony is by doing that he's gone away from what brought us to the dance in the first place....