Where are we all based? n/g | Page 3 | Vital Football

Where are we all based? n/g

Credit to you Lockdown but why the f### the Gills? My excuse was being born in the borough.
I get it from my Dad unfortunately. Not that he's from there either.

Essentially he entered a subutteo tournament as a kid and drew Gillingham out the hat. He went on to win* the tournament and started following Gills results. His family are all Pompey and when they played eachother he realised he preferred Gills. The rest is painful history.

He's still got his gills subutteo players with their numbers and names written on the box. Surprised he hasn't framed his beloved Yeo.

*when my grandparents died he found his diary/notes and it turns out he didn't even win the bloody thing.

Spent 20 odd years in Frindsbury (guess the road!) but moved back to Grays in Essex ten years ago. Still a decent commuting distance to watch the mighty Gills

Brought on the Beacon in Luton, then Weeds Wood,
12 years in the RN. Lived in Chipping Norton (before it was famous), then Stowe on the Wold. Met my wife and wound up in Sarf London for 22 years. Moved to Westgate on Sea in 2007, and finally got to buy a season ticket. First game was against Watford in 1957, still going strong.

Clue's in the name. I'm in Market Harborough, close to Herr and Kett. Born in North London but moved to Strood aged 3. Stood on the Town End terrace for my first game in the 60s (Luton, lost 3-1, Malcolm MacDonald) and was remembering recently that I've watched from every stand since except the old Main Stand but including the dear old wooden Gordon Road stand.

Never lived in Medway but my late dad drove a freezer lorry, Medway was his delivery patch and Priestfield was the nearest league ground for him to take me to. And it hooked me, damn it. Thanks, Dad !!

Lived either in, or between, Maidstone and Ashford all my life until I moved with the better half to a village just north of Sudbury in Suffolk late last year.