Where are we all based? n/g | Page 4 | Vital Football

Where are we all based? n/g

I get it from my Dad unfortunately. Not that he's from there either.

Essentially he entered a subutteo tournament as a kid and drew Gillingham out the hat. He went on to win* the tournament and started following Gills results. His family are all Pompey and when they played eachother he realised he preferred Gills. The rest is painful history.

He's still got his gills subutteo players with their numbers and names written on the box. Surprised he hasn't framed his beloved Yeo.

*when my grandparents died he found his diary/notes and it turns out he didn't even win the bloody thing.
Fantastic story. Brilliant. You, and your dad are genuine legends.

Worthy rival to my insane mate.

Edit. Just love that story. Compare you and your dear old dad to the plastic w#nkers who pick a top team to support. They'd be incredulous at your reasoning. Bet you've got more genuine joy being a Gill than the
plastics (eg after yesterday). Good on you.

Last edited:
Rochester for me. Born in Canada House naval maternity home in Gillingham and lived in Chatham/Rochester all my life. Centre of the universe

I get it from my Dad unfortunately. Not that he's from there either.

Essentially he entered a subutteo tournament as a kid and drew Gillingham out the hat. He went on to win* the tournament and started following Gills results. His family are all Pompey and when they played eachother he realised he preferred Gills. The rest is painful history.

He's still got his gills subutteo players with their numbers and names written on the box. Surprised he hasn't framed his beloved Yeo.

*when my grandparents died he found his diary/notes and it turns out he didn't even win the bloody thing.
Great story thanks.

Born in London east end (genuine cockney) arriving in North Kent at 11 years of age after Australia, Middlesex and Essex. Gills was only the second football match I had ever attended. Father took me to Brentford but it didn't get me but Gills did instantly.

In normal times I spend half the year in Moscow and half in Oxfordshire but Putin has put an end to that for now, so separated (by politics) from my other half so we can only meet up in countries she can travel to.

Fantastic story. Brilliant. You, and your dad are genuine legends.

Worthy rival to my insane mate.

Edit. Just love that story. Compare you and your dear old dad to the plastic w#nkers who pick a top team to support. They'd be incredulous at your reasoning. Bet you've got more genuine joy being a Gill than the
plastics (eg after yesterday). Good on you.
Yeah I love it really. One innocuous event 50/60 years ago defining 2 lifetimes of pain and I sure as hell hope any kids of mine suffer too.

For me I've just inherited it, like all you lot who just happened to be born in the area. Anyone who picks their local when London is so close gets all the respect from me.

When things are on the up like now they need to be bussing kids into Priestfield to get them hooked like us poor buggers.

All my good mates support Prem teams and whilst they don't get the lower leagues I've gradually got a few to come to away games (find they're more fun for a neutral, although yesterday was a return to fun Priestfield). They're always impressed with the atmosphere and the numbers that come. Gets them a bit out of the dog and duck league mindset.

I think lower league fans are a different breed and bonded by the pain no matter who and how they ended up there.

Born in London east end (genuine cockney) arriving in North Kent at 11 years of age after Australia, Middlesex and Essex. Gills was only the second football match I had ever attended. Father took me to Brentford but it didn't get me but Gills did instantly.

In normal times I spend half the year in Moscow and half in Oxfordshire but Putin has put an end to that for now, so separated (by politics) from my other half so we can only meet up in countries she can travel to.

Armenia’s nice and scads of flights from SVO. Plus they need your money.

Fucking hell Davey, it wasn’t your house I parked outside of for the Leicester game was it? Next time, can I go on your drive?
Unfortunately Rob I haven't got a drive, but you're more than welcome to park outside my house anytime, although there's not often a space.