When will there be a good band at Carrow Road for fans of proper music ? | Vital Football

When will there be a good band at Carrow Road for fans of proper music ?

The TT concerts have got to be a good thing though. If the promoter feels it’s been worthwhile, and they’re back again so I assume it was the first time, others will hopefully follow. Foo Fighters please...

Each to their own on this matter....As my wife daughter and son will all be going who are all Vocalists and Grade 8 Pianists and my daughter an associate of the London college of music with the letters ALCM after her name since age 17 who is also a signed artiste and Music teacher, my son is at Uni studying Music and is an accomplished Guitarist both classical and electric your remarks about clueless music fans is utterly self opinionated DG and not relevent to all other music fans...and for the record Gary Barlow is a superb vocalist.....Raw nerve..just a tad!

FFL. Apologies. It was opinionated and I take your point as well as bowing to your much more superior musically qualified family compared to myself who cannot even hum in tune yet alone play a single instrument.
I suggest you scrap my unpopular off topic thread.

However I would say that music is an extremely important aspect of
my life and I would much more prefer to have a radio than a tv if given a choice. Ironically the type of programme such as x factor, which in my opinion is ruining the British music industry, is the reason I do not watch much tv .
I do not read much as work very long hours but on my recent holiday manged to read Born to Run which reinforces my point of how the type of music I prefer is based on many years of hardship, playing gigs in dodgy pubs and earning the right to get a deal and eventually recording an album. Compare this to a manufactured collection of boys or girls not playing instruments and having success thrown at them sadly reflects the attitude of today where everything has to be instant.

If you do keep the thread then the title should be ' When will bands booked at carrow road reflect a wider range of music in particular aimed at football fans who spend a lot of time there '

It’s the never ending problem with music ...’one mans meat is another mans poison ‘ . I personally believe that there is no such thing as ‘good’ or ‘bad’ music ....there is only music you like or don’t like !

I can see both sides of the argument here . Gary Barlow has written some excellent songs ( or should I have said Gary Barlow has written some songs that I like ), and I am sure music fans will go and see Take That based on his music , and I respect that . On the other hand knowing DG , I am sure he would not wish to offend anyone , but like others music fans of whatever persuasion ,despair at the way music has been used and dragged down for financial gain by appealing to pre pubescent girls . But I guess that has gone on since the days of rock and roll and the Beatles !

I too despair at the way music is being used , and bands like One Direction , Little Mix and The Saturdays are not for me . But it’s no good telling young girls screaming at bands with hardly any clothes on that they are no good , just like you can’t tell a student of classical music that Bach is no good , and just like you can’t tell a punk rocker that the Sex Pistols were no good !

I agree that a different gendres of music should feature at Carrow Road , and to achieve that we need to persuade promoters that each gendre will bring the crowds in . But the promoters want to make as much as they can after the concerts and get the young girls to keep on spending their money , so we are more likely to get Little Mix next year instead of the Foo Fighters ! It’s the way it is

Hey listen I was weened on Prog Rock...Zeppelin, Purple, Uriah Heap, Sabbath, Wishbone Ash etc Etc But I also loved Motown and The sound Of Phillie...I can therefore listen to Gary Barlow and Mark Owen and enjoy them...Rick Astley tho...My house has always been filled with music, not always pleasurable however during exam practise at time, the bashing of the piano or the amplifier going into overdrive was madness...However alls well that ends well....At 15 years old My Daughter was BBC Choir Girl Of The Year, also Head Chorister of The Norwich Cathedral Girls Choir....Yet nowadays her favourite Genre Is Drum And Bass and it earns her some Big Pay Packets...I like some of it, but not too much! Prefer My sons Guitar work to Black Sabbath and Led Zepellin.
Anyway Guys I was initially hurt but understand everyones views differ, its how we explain ourselves that is usually the problem..Still love you all!

I was also weened on prog Rock FFL and yet love motown. I can enjoy Beefheart and Zappa, Rap and the classics. Personally I am not keen on country and western but enjoy some. Music is a gift to the world that we should turn off what we don't like and savour what we do. My favourite band has to be Yello.

There will never be a decent group play at CR.

Pink Floyd broke up some time ago.:band2::guitar:

U2....Ed Sheeran and Coldplay are in the Carrow Road pipeline

No Bands were on this summer break because of the pitch being Re-Surfaced...And Guess what financed that?

Yep.......Profit made from last Take That Gig as it was reinvested back into the club.

And Rex, very amusing, Floyd of course an all time great, I have now seen The Australian Pink Floyd 3 times thus far..they are as good as you could possibly get for a tribute band, in fact because of more modern technology are probably superior with their sound, each time I hear Great Gig In The Sky from them with the girls vocals I just shut my eyes and float away.

I've not heard Australian Pink Floyd; I did go to a Think Floyd concert at the Playhouse, which was pretty good.

However, I have seen the original group a few times and they blew me away.

Of course, we all think later bands cannot compare with the music from our own era. I remember thinking creative music died along with John Lennon; that was pretty stupid.

Now, if we could get Muse...

Ed Sheeran should play at binnerland as he suits them more :grinning:
Coldplay would at least help fans get a good evenings kip :grinning:
Sadly still not a band I want to see in the pipeline then.

Canary Kev. I was brought up on rock which then had punk added in late 70 's but can see why others like soul , rap etc as it has meaning.
I was living in London for 12 years in late 70 's and all of 80 's so saw Pistols, Damned, Clash, Buzzcocks and many many others all on my doorstep. Great times for music.
What I cannot tolerate is manufactured boy / girl bands who are handed success on a plate and have little talent.

I also like country and western. Have all New Riders of the Purple Sage albums and recently saw Keifer Sutherland at UEA. A grade A actor who can also write and play brilliantly. That is real talent.

I have had to recently travel to London to see Green Day and Deep Purple and as a near 60 year old would appreciate having gigs closer to home. There are good bands at UEA from time to time but Norfolk is generally ignored by most touring bands.
However Theatre Royal used to have great concerts a long time ago. I have seen Bowie and Purple there.
My daughters have seen Sum 41 and Bowling for Soup at UEA and I missed The Cult and Lynyrd Skynyrd so if an effort it made good bands can be seen without too much travelling.

I’m off to the Theatre Royal in November to see the Sixties Gold tour ! Live on stage will be The Searchers , The Merseybeats and The Fortunes ........what a classic line up !:guitar::guitar::guitar:

Belter of a song. Played many times in DG office.
I wonder how many of the manufactured boy / girl bands will be playing gigs in 50 years time ?

Right on cue, just received e mail from UEA with tickets for Stiff Little Fingers on sale.
Might just get a couple of tickets for SLF DG. Saw Purple and Led Zep a few times. Remember Keith Moon when watching the Who getting a strop on and leaving the stage during Won't get fooled again just before the solo. Saw Bowie at the Town Hall Birmingham doing a solo acoustic set when his hair was really long. Knebworth 74 for 4 days. Floyd introducing Wish you were here with the rocket launch exploding into the stage. Many great times but not sure if it's so good today. Maybe it is for today's youngsters who don't know any different. I suppose it's all relative. ?

Wow ! That’s some list of gigs CK . Must have been one hell of a party !! I am not one for gigs but I love to see the 60s groups as that’s my era , but like me those guys are getting on a bit now !

This will be my third time to see the Searchers , but it will be the last as they are retiring after this tour :guitar::guitar::band2:

Great music and times Canary Kev.
Sounds like you have seen them all.
I saw Zep at Knebworth in 79. Brilliant.
I recall Chas n Dave playing on the day. RIP Chas Hodges.

Also saw Dylan at Blackbushe in 78 with 250 k people.
Clapton was actually supporting him !!!