When will there be a good band at Carrow Road for fans of proper music ? | Page 3 | Vital Football

When will there be a good band at Carrow Road for fans of proper music ?

Seen Bowie twice and on both occasions was brilliant.

If I had to list the bands I have missed out on seeing and am devastated to never see they are Floyd, Eagles, Springsteen, Mott the Hoople
and Boston.
A Gorleston friend of mine is going to try and get us tickets on Thurs to see The Eagles in Birmingham for June next year. Of course not the original line up but they will still be great.

Cannot believe they are playing Stockholm and Copenhagen a year too
late. I would love to see another concert outside Britain.
Not a bad line up. Henley, Walsh and Schmit of what I would consider
a sort of original line up even though it was not the first.
Add to that a son replacing a father ( RIP ) and its close enough for me to want to see them in London.

Anyone on here remember the Cromer Links Days and W Runton Pavillion.
I saw so many great bands there from age of 16...The list is huge.

Deacon Blue are an excellent band....saw them when they were support act for Simple Minds a few years ago. Seen a few bands in my time.....highlights include Dire Straits and Depeche Mode. Others include Elton John back in 1981 when he was at his best and again about 10 years ago when he was not so great. Steve Harley of Cockney Rebel fame is brilliant.....once saw him with Birmingham Symphony Orchestra and it was amazing.

Along with The Boss, I would have loved to have seen David Bowie. Closest I got was an exhibition of his life at the V&A in London.

On 10th of this month I am taking my brother to see Jeff Lynne’s ELO at Birmingham arena as a belated present for his 60th birthday.

Have seen Deacon Blue twice including last year, they are at Norwich Theatre Royal....Soon!

Sorry that I have used the original thread title FFL and feel free to revise it but at least my initial ill advised comments sparked a conversation about a subject we all appear to be passionate about.
Reason for reviving it. Just received email indicating that on 19 June 2020 there is another concert for Carrow Road. Westlife !!!

Not wish to upset anybody again ... so just going to say they are in my most disliked type of group category but anyone planning to go who likes that type of
stuff is lucky. All I can say is that I am extremely disappointed but not surprised.

I will need to make do with walking to Riverfront in December to see the Buzzcocks
( sadly without Pete Shelley RIP ).

Last edited:
Can’t see me going , but I’m sure others will enjoy it .

Was at the Theatre Royal this week for 60s Gold . Saw ‘The Marmalade ‘ The Merseybeats , and Herman’s Hermits amongst others . What a night and the place was rocking ! We children of the 60s know how to party ! !

Problem is it will not be long before all the good ones are gone and our young
person memories with them but the music will live on.

Can’t see me going , but I’m sure others will enjoy it .

Was at the Theatre Royal this week for 60s Gold . Saw ‘The Marmalade ‘ The Merseybeats , and Herman’s Hermits amongst others . What a night and the place was rocking ! We children of the 60s know how to party ! !
Not Herman's Hermits :bow:

Interesting comments from Ben Kensell in the EDP (can’t find them now though).
He stated that he was conscious of not making Carrow Road a “pop only” venue and he has another concert lined up from a “completely different genre of music.”
EDP reckon an announcement due in the next few weeks.
Fingers crossed, eh?

Very good live and a decent band - probably never had a better album than their first but if I was about I would probably go see them live again