When will there be a good band at Carrow Road for fans of proper music ? | Page 2 | Vital Football

When will there be a good band at Carrow Road for fans of proper music ?

I have only just quickly read this thread but got the gist. Anyway in less than two weeks time my brother will wend his way out of Norfolk ( yes it is possible!) to join me to see Jeff Lynne’s ELO at the NEC or whatever its latest name is. My present to him for his 60th back in June. For mine I would like to see Bruce Springsteen but I doubt that will be possible......you can keep Gary Barlow and the like.

I am so annoyed to have never seen the boss despite buying born to run when it first came out and being so far ahead of the band wagon jumpers. I nearly got a ticket a while ago but Miss DG senior considered tickets too pricey and did not get them secured before telling me.
Believe it or not I have never seen Floyd despite being a major fan and having all albums on vinyl and CD.
Had tickets for the wall and then went to work in USA for 3 months so had to sell them and they had already toured USA so missed them there too. At least I got to see Tom Petty whilst I was there.

My life’s 3 gigs (excluding theatre or holiday shows ) .....

1970. Mott The Hoople ...Nottingham
1971. Humble Pie ..Brighton
2014. The Seekers ...Manchester

I can remember the terrible half time and pre match entertainment from days my Dad would get us to ground early.
One there was a record attempt at quickest mile run around a football pitch !!

Some great bands mentioned here. Music has always been a huge part of my life and I’ve made it my business to see all the best acts of the time. Here’s some of them:

AC/DC
Def Leppard
Radiohead
Alice Cooper
U2
Stereophonics
The Stones
REM
Oasis
Foo Fighters
Metallica

To name a few...

Bruce Springsteen is my absolute fave act - seen him solo and with the E Street Band x8. The Boss is undoubtedly the best live act I’ve ever seen. If you’re a fan you will not be disappointed.

I've seen a few but best performance

Muse
Peter Gabriel
Blink 182
Alkaline Trio
Bears Den
Kate Rusby

Reading through some of these bands, wow!
Pink Floyd, Dylan, Clapton, Led Zeppelin, just amazing. Rock n roll history, right there.
I can add a few more to my list,
Aerosmith
The Manics
Noel Gallagher’s HFB
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Guns n Roses
Level 42
Simple Minds
Plus countless other smaller bands at the UEA/Cambridge Corn Exchange like The Charlatans, The Darkness, Thunder (brilliant) etc.
Would loved to have seen Led Zep, Dylan, Floyd and Clapton though...

Thats a great line up Tuckster. You have seen so much.

In terms of guituarists I have seen Page, Clapton, Blackmore but sadly not Slash, Richards, Gilmour or Hendrix.
However I have seen who I consider the greatest guitarist of all time, Rory Gallagher ( RIP ) 10 times and he was absolutely brilliant.

The thread has taken a turn for the better as we all share our love of music and if I dare say it, Carrow Road could host 100 bands better than Take That for fans of what I consider the very best form of music.

Music has been a big part of my life .I was a DJ for 10years hosting works parties , birthdays and weddings . It was amazing to see the reactions that music provoked in people and gave them all such a great night out . My music likes are diverse ...I love the 60s groups , I like 90s dance , I like some classical , and I like some modern artists like Adele . I love single songs like American Idiot , Highway to Hell ,Perfect , and Shattered Glass . I don’t know if they are good or bad , but I know what I like !

The closest I came to seeing Led Zep was when Jimmy Page and Jon Paul Jones came out and did a couple of songs with the Foo Fighters at Wembley for an encore, including my fave Zep song ever, “Rock n Roll” - awesome.

The smallest concerts are usually the best.
I used to go regularly to the Marquee Club in Wardour Street
to see punk bands before they were always well known as my college mate Mike used to talk me into it.
I recall Skids, Gloria Mundi, Cure, Generation X, New Model Army,
Johnny Moped and Adverts.
Riverfront is a great venue still now. A few years ago I took Mrs DG to see the Damned ( she has seen way more punk bands live than me )
and Dave Vanian walked around the crowd during a song and went up to Mrs DG and said, they are crap aren't they ' :grinning:
Cambridge Corn Exchange a great venue Tuckster.
Mrs DG took me to see Deacon Blue there.

Deacon Blue are an excellent band....saw them when they were support act for Simple Minds a few years ago. Seen a few bands in my time.....highlights include Dire Straits and Depeche Mode. Others include Elton John back in 1981 when he was at his best and again about 10 years ago when he was not so great. Steve Harley of Cockney Rebel fame is brilliant.....once saw him with Birmingham Symphony Orchestra and it was amazing.

Along with The Boss, I would have loved to have seen David Bowie. Closest I got was an exhibition of his life at the V&A in London.

On 10th of this month I am taking my brother to see Jeff Lynne’s ELO at Birmingham arena as a belated present for his 60th birthday.

Seen Bowie twice and on both occasions was brilliant.

If I had to list the bands I have missed out on seeing and am devastated to never see they are Floyd, Eagles, Springsteen, Mott the Hoople
and Boston.

The Boss is still active, fingers crossed he comes back to the UK soon. I would’ve loved to see Floyd and Queen with Freddie. I went to the Freddie Mercury tribute gig so saw Bowie sing “Heroes” and “Under Pressure” - pretty awesome gig that was...