What’s going on? | Page 69 | Vital Football

What’s going on?

The stone cold ugly reality we cant escape is the fact our owner deliberetly put us into administration. That was something he legally had the right to do and there was nothing out of his control to force his hand - so if you look at it through that simplistic perspective alone we don't have a leg to stand on. That was the prism the EFL wanted us to look at it through.

But we all know that there is so much more to this and anyone looking at events in good faith would say you can't look at the decision as black and white or in isolation without the surrounding circumstance and context. Once you do that there is no way the punishment should have stood but the EFL framed the hearing and limited the scope of what could be appealed on what grounds.

They made it about 'did Wigan put themselves in admin yes or no' rather than was the administration decision credible and genuine or unreasonable and nefarious. When you ask the question the right way you can get the answer you want.

It was always likely to be a stitch up and all the additional evidence we hear just cements it further.

It feels like appeal wasn't about what was right or wrong just about passing the buck for the EFL fucking us with their incompetence and negligence. Remember it's 'too difficult to find out about people from Asia' and Yeung got to self certify much of his fit and proper persons test.

We had to try with the appeal when we had such a good case but I don't think it would've mattered what evidence we had - the EFL weren't interested in what was fair or what happened if they did they wouldnt have been so fast to announce a points deduction after previously setting a different precedent with Blackpool going into receivership. They wanted us to lose to save face and cling to some shred of credibility.

Last edited:
Jeez it is shit reading Moonay n best not to read it if uve had a skinfull of ale ( I haven't btw)

Reading this bit below which I copied says to me that it could / will happen to even more clubs...

“A club that is dependent on its owner or some other external funder … to bridge the gap between income and expenditure must inevitably run the risk that the funder will cease to be willing or able [whether lawfully or not] to continue to fund,”

My how the shit would hit the proverbial fan if it happened to the like of Abramovich / Chelsea etc
That will be about 90%plus of all 92 clubs then - unbelievable arrogance in that condescending statement

The facts he enquired about administration before he took over is unbelievable. If BILL Gates took over united and refused to pay wages would everyone just sit back and say unlucky United?
Its different United can afford to pay their wages as they dont really on someone to pay the wages from an external place

IE Whelan or IEC

Last edited:
Well whats coming out really dont know where to start the administration lot seem to me to be in this shyte upto the kneck
Said all along these lot are working for the chinese
Talking nice to harry robinson and jay whittle
While selling what they can to give to their bosses the chinese
Never intended to find a buyer instead doing what their chines bosses orderd sell everything possible
All bent has fuck

The stone cold ugly reality we cant escape is the fact our owner deliberetly put us into administration. That was something he legally had the right to do and there was nothing out of his control to force his hand - so if you look at it through that simplistic perspective alone we don't have a leg to stand on. That was the prism the EFL wanted us to look at it through.

But we all know that there is so much more to this and anyone looking at events in good faith would say you can't look at the decision as black and white or in isolation without the surrounding circumstance and context. Once you do that there is no way the punishment should have stood but the EFL framed the hearing and limited the scope of what could be appealed on what grounds.

They made it about 'did Wigan put themselves in admin yes or no' rather than was the administration decision credible and genuine or unreasonable and nefarious. When you ask the question the right way you can get the answer you want.

It was always likely to be a stitch up and all the additional evidence we hear just cements it further.

It feels like appeal wasn't about what was right or wrong just about passing the buck for the EFL fucking us with their incompetence and negligence. Remember it's 'too difficult to find out about people from Asia' and Yeung got to self certify much of his fit and proper persons test.

We had to try with the appeal when we had such a good case but I don't think it would've mattered what evidence we had - the EFL weren't interested in what was fair or what happened if they did they wouldnt have been so fast to announce a points deduction after previously setting a different precedent with Blackpool going into receivership. They wanted us to lose to save face and cling to some shred of credibility.

The top and bottom of it is we was always vulnerable to this happening we was at the whim of rich men, Whelan and then Stan being happy to pay for the club everymonth out of "their" own pockets.

What happended im guess is Stan got greif of his sharholders when we wasnt in the prem and told him to dump us, but paid the wages etc in he mean time. The shyster took over ad thought what is the quckest and easiest way of not paying tat stupid loan, dump the loa on the club and liquidate it.

As far as the EFL can see its the club doing it to ts self, Even if he owned us for 20mins its still the club

Well whats coming out really dont know where to start the administration lot seem to me to be in this shyte upto the kneck
Never intended to find a buyer instead doing what their chines bosses orderd sell everything possible
All bent has fuck
Gotta say Bicky, from all that's come out today, I'm buggered as to how you get to those conclusions.

They're the ones who refused to liquidate us.

All bent has fuck

They have to pay bills wages and transfers owed as well as gas leccy etc..

There is no money going to any one except debtors/

Thier legal remit is to get the most money for the business either by selling as an on going concern which is now by 31.8 or liquidate it and sell assests off individually

The latter is bad news, but its looking more like as Preston Knob end fancy euxton for a start, the rugby want the stadium but for example neither want everything.

WE need a wealthy man to come along and spend a shit load of money on us, again

Gotta say Bicky, from all that's come out today, I'm buggered as to how you get to those conclusions.

They're the ones who refused to liquidate us.
Moonay come on where not stupid mate whats come out today is absolute disgusting
Fact the chinese wanted liquidation they actually got rid of darren royle to try to do it the administration lot say cant do liquidation but will do administration but they can pull the wool over our eyes but not mine start of by selling players untill anyone of value has gone
Then what next oh cant find a buyer ok after 31st august liquidation its coming and you cant see it ? I dont trust any of these feckers hope your right im wrong but watch this space

I just don't understand Bicky why you apportion blame with the Admins.

There was no cash......so they had to sell players.
The window wasn't open ........ so they could only sell youth players initially.
They can't afford to haggle too much, as they need money to pay wages/bills.
No-one is snatching our hands off to buy us ..... so they're creating a little urgency.

What else do you expect of them?

Im not disagreeing with you about having to sell players to pay wages electricity and whatever
But its what happens later the administration lot have changed their tune twice now first it was we could start the season in administration
Then next if no buyer comes forward by 31st august then we cant go forward has we (the administration ) wont be able to see out the season costing too much to run which is understanding
Personally i cant see a saviour anytime soon meaning everything sold to pay the chinese eventually
After all players that can be sold then its down to everything including kitchen sink moonay
Forgot to add creating this urgency will not work only urgency is how fast the chinese can liquidate us with help from the administration

Last edited:
Im not disagreeing with you about having to sell players to pay wages electricity and whatever
But its what happens later the administration lot have changed their tune twice now first it was we could start the season in administration
Then next if no buyer comes forward by 31st august then we cant go forward has we (the administration ) wont be able to see out the season costing too much to run which is understanding
Personally i cant see a saviour anytime soon meaning everything sold to pay the chinese eventually
After all players that can be sold then its down to everything including kitchen sink moonay

Yes everything will be sold, we have 2 training grounds and a chippy, we have a stadium that im guessing is what the rugby want. Sell all those to interested people and we still can plan in EFL we wont have a pot literally to piss in but the club, lodging somwhere will exsist.

As for the 31.8 the admins have said that because they want it done, contary to people on here saying they e sreching it out

Last thing we are so hard up the supports club are having too buy the team their kit. No shirts swapping i iguess

Yes everything will be sold, we have 2 training grounds and a chippy, we have a stadium that im guessing is what the rugby want. Sell all those to interested people and we still can plan in EFL we wont have a pot literally to piss in but the club, lodging somwhere will exsist.

As for the 31.8 the admins have said that because they want it done, contary to people on here saying they e sreching it out

Last thing we are so hard up the supports club are having too buy the team their kit. No shirts swapping i iguess
Wouldn't worry about buying a kit in just over two weeks we will be finished

Quite staggering that panel leak. I don’t know what’s worse, that the **** tried to place us in admin before he took control or the fact the efl then approved the **** as being a fit owner. Then these wankers at the efl tried to pin the blame on the uk directors to cover for their own shortcomings is quite frankly disgusting. These incompetent wankers have no accountability and are disgraceful.

Also am I reading this right, after making plans to put us in admin he then suspended Royle to install himself as chairman to approve this loan? If so, surely this cannot be legal and is no wonder the admins think there is a way we don’t have to pay it.

Fuming. Again.

Quite staggering that panel leak. I don’t know what’s worse, that the **** tried to place us in admin before he took control or the fact the efl then approved the **** as being a fit owner. Then these wankers at the efl tried to pin the blame on the uk directors to cover for their own shortcomings is quite frankly disgusting. These incompetent wankers have no accountability and are disgraceful.

Also am I reading this right, after making plans to put us in admin he then suspended Royle to install himself as chairman to approve this loan? If so, surely this cannot be legal and is no wonder the admins think there is a way we don’t have to pay it.

Fuming. Again.

If you look at it from a non latics fan, it is a black and white issue.
Did he prove he had the funds to keep us going, was he a disqualifed directore yes he had the funds and no he wasnt disqualifed i assume.

They dont ask are you going to put them in admin to strip the assests nor do they ask if you are a ******.

Ask invested fans we dont have a choice who sells the club and who to. The club has been used and abused that isnt the EFL issue their owners test is shit and Nandy has done allshe can to hightlight nonsense that is, have we been shit on yes.

But the model of ownership that Whelann sold was someone umping a million a month in, again tht isnt EFL issue.

We are a club puching above its weight in a stadium too big with 2 training grounds and a chippy to run.

We are in reality Rochdale do Rochdale have those assests of course not, so let be grateful we have those assests people want to buy if not the club. We will exsist after 31.8 we wont have the gorund the training ground or chippy, but my god we hve good memorys