What was the last film you watched | Page 477 | Vital Football

What was the last film you watched

Devil All The Time - some big names in this one but it's grim and boring. It's over two hours long and just meanders along. Rubbish. 0/10

Devil All The Time - some big names in this one but it's grim and boring. It's over two hours long and just meanders along. Rubbish. 0/10

Yes, think I tried and gave up on that one. I find most Netflix films poor though, in fact, I'm finding Netflix, compared to Amazon Prime, poor full stop at the moment.

The King.

Kept putting it off. Finally got round to watching it. Epic knights in shining armour movie. Battle of Agincourt, Henry V. Very well done.

Last edited:
The Trial of the chicago 7.

The story of Borat becoming a hippy and being arrested for making comedy.

Was alright. 7 out of 10.3

Beetlejuice

Seen it a billion times but not for many years. Still a fun watch. I'm surprised it hasn't been pissed on with a reboot or any of that nonsense.

Another one of those 'How the hell did I miss this' movies.... probably as I was in Indonesia when it was released. The film in question?

The Book Thief starring Sophie Nélisse, Geoffrey Rush & Emily Watson.

While subjected to the horrors of World War II Germany, young Liesel finds solace by stealing books and sharing them with others. In the basement of her home, a Jewish refugee is being protected by her adoptive parents.

What a brilliant war drama! Bit of an emotional roller coaster at time. 9/10

I've watched loads of Christmas nonsense over the past month. I love all the cheesy plots from Hallmark to Netflix to Hulu and beyond. I'm a total sucker for them.

Lone Star

Neo western from 1996 with Matthew McConaughy, Chris Cooper, and Kris Kristofferson.

Never heard of it, saw it had 94% on Rotten Tomatoes so checked it out. Very good, a kind of mystery between two timelines that slowly reveals itself.

And it looks fantastic too, if it came out in 2016 I wouldn't have known any better.

8.6/10

Home Alone.

Some retarded Americans inexplicably forget their son when they go on holiday at Xmas.
The son subsequently nearly gets whacked by Tommy Devito from Goodfellas.

Based on a true story. Very good seasonal film