What was the last film you watched | Page 479 | Vital Football

What was the last film you watched

Transcendence - about half way through I realised that I'd seen it before but still couldn't remember how it ended. It's okay. 6/10

Hidden Figures - had watched it before but caught a few more moments I'd missed previously that I really hope are true given the film it was and artistic licence.

Wonder Woman....if God exists...sorry wrong thread.

Not as bad as I was expecting from the endless Marvel/DC stuff we now get. Glad I didn't pay to watch, would never watch again - but I don't regret having it on in the background.

Even Chris Pine was decent and that scares me.

Let's Be Cops - it's a comedy starring one of the Wayans brothers about a pair of slackers who, through a mix up, end up walking around in police uniforms. They get way too into it and get themselves in deep. It's pretty good. 7.5/10

The Personal History of David Copperfield (2019) - Dev Patel, Hugh Laurie, Peter Capaldi, Tilda Swinton and others.

"A modern take on Charles Dickens's classic tale of a young orphan who is able to triumph over many obstacles."

That pretty much sums it up. Enjoyed it, light-hearted, love Peter Capaldi and Hugh Laurie generally.

7.843/10

Bad Samaritan on Amazon Prime. 2018 thriller with David Tennent in the lead role. Nice little low budget watch, nothing new but very well done. 7/10

Greyhound on Apple TV. The sound of the voices was appalling, so switched it off. Looked like yet another run of the mill war film to be fair.

I'm watching a film about a group of terrorists who take over a skyscraper and a lone cop has to fight them all. Unfortunately, it's not Die Hard. It's Skyscraper starring The Rock. It's full of superhero jumps where he has to hang on to a ledge by his fingernails and then pull himself up. Even his wife gets in on the action.

The Councelor - this one has a big cast including Fassbender and Pitt but it's a big flop. It felt like chunks of the story were missing.

In Search of The Last Action Heroes

Another documentary, covering the rise of action movies in the early 80's up until around the mid 90's when the stereotypical action hero actor became less fashionable. Features loads of interviews with writers, directors, producers and actors from the era and covers a whole bunch of my favourite movies. Very long, but very good.

9/10

the whole thing is available to watch on Dailymotion for free