What was the last film you watched | Page 475 | Vital Football

What was the last film you watched

The Exorcist 2 Heretic. WOW, if you haven't seen this 1977 sequel to the best horror film ever, The Exorcist, then do yourself a massive favour and don't. Terrible direction, script, editing, acting (especially Richard Burton) make this film voted the second worst film ever made in history, and I find it very difficult to argue with that.

Strange thing is I still quite enjoyed it in a perverse, I can't believe what I am watching, kind of way. 1/10

The Old Guard - Charlize Theron stars in this Netflix action film about a band of immortal warriors. It's okay. 6.5/10

Bad Boys For Life - it's amazing how Will Smith has lost his mojo. They should have made a film about that. It would have been more interesting. 4/10

Hubie Halloween - It's an Adam Sandler film but Claire Dunphy is in it so, you know, every cloud. Anyway, Adam Sandler puts on a stupid voice so I turned it off. 0/10

The Exorcist 2 Heretic. WOW, if you haven't seen this 1977 sequel to the best horror film ever, The Exorcist, then do yourself a massive favour and don't. Terrible direction, script, editing, acting (especially Richard Burton) make this film voted the second worst film ever made in history, and I find it very difficult to argue with that.

Strange thing is I still quite enjoyed it in a perverse, I can't believe what I am watching, kind of way. 1/10
Have you seen Exorcist 3? It's very good. Exorcist 2 however, what a shit show.

Have you seen Exorcist 3? It's very good. Exorcist 2 however, what a shit show.
Yes many years ago, I had it on VHS and then got rid of it. I bought a box set of Exorcist I, II, III at the weekend. We watched 2 first because we knew it was terrible, but I & 3 are great.

Don't Knock Twice. A British independent horror film with big ideas and a small budget. I have to admire the ambition of the film makers they really went for it, a bit too much really. They crammed in enough jump scares and horror tropes to fill 4 films, and in the end that was it's downfall. Just too much and a muddled plot means this ultimately is a disappointment. 5/10

Snowpiercer. From the same director as Parasite (Bong Joon-Ho) but this time in English.

After a 2nd ice age, the planet is wiped out and the only survivors are on a luxury train that is constantly travelling. The poor at the back, the rich at the front, a revolution ensues with the poor trying to take over the train..

Pretty good. Reminded me a bit of The Platform. Same concept but I think better done.

6.5/10

Crazy Rich Asians - it's a pretty standard rom-com set in Singapore. It's alright. Funnily enough, I know a few families like that here. There is a lovely Canadian lady I did some work with who married into one of them, the poor thing. 7/10

Snowpiercer. From the same director as Parasite (Bong Joon-Ho) but this time in English.

After a 2nd ice age, the planet is wiped out and the only survivors are on a luxury train that is constantly travelling. The poor at the back, the rich at the front, a revolution ensues with the poor trying to take over the train..

Pretty good. Reminded me a bit of The Platform. Same concept but I think better done.

6.5/10

That sounds absolutely dreadful.

Is it based on a true story ?.

Black Klansman - It's a Spike Lee film about a police officers who runs an undercover operation on the KKK. It's quite amazing how they are still on the same shit 50 years later.

The film is just okay. It's all fairly predictable and not that interesting. 6/10

A Stupid and Futile Gesture - it's a Netflix film but it's actually good. It's about the guy who created National Lampoon, Caddyshack and Animal House. 8/10

Borat: Subsequent Moviefilm is out tomorrow!

To say I'm excited is an understatement!!!!!!!

I AM VERY EXCITE!!!!!

Borat, followed by 3 points against Leeds. Friday nights don't come much better than that. Might throw in a burger and a beer for good measure!